Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
View Poll Results: How do you rate Bio Color Paints?
Love it 2 100.00%
It is just ok 0 0%
Never again 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bio Color
Cat Herder 11:45 AM 01-13-2021
Once again I am looking at what may make my program a little more fun and easy to keep clean.

Tell me your opinion of and experiences with Bio Color Paints. Pretty please.
Valerie928 01:34 PM 01-13-2021
Love these paints. The first thing I noticed is it doesn't have a strong odor like other paints. You can also purchase the additives to make puffy paint, window stickies ect.
Rockgirl 07:16 AM 01-14-2021
I’ve been curious about it, too! I usually buy the Colorations tempera, but it dries so dull and sometimes flaky, depending on the surface painted on. Hoping to see if Bio Color is worth the money.
Valerie928 07:45 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
I’ve been curious about it, too! I usually buy the Colorations tempera, but it dries so dull and sometimes flaky, depending on the surface painted on. Hoping to see if Bio Color is worth the money.
The bio paint is really vibrant in comparison to other paints we've used in the past. Also, these paints are really fun to paint onto tin foil. The paint actually adheres.
Cat Herder 08:01 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Valerie928:
The bio paint is really vibrant in comparison to other paints we've used in the past. Also, these paints are really fun to paint onto tin foil. The paint actually adheres.
That is cool to know. Thanks!

Does it dry up if in the cabinet over a year? Can't decide whether to order by gallon or 16 ounce bottles. Usually I order in bulk but l can't image using 12 gallons (set of 12 colors) in a year with 6 kids, max.
Valerie928 08:51 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
That is cool to know. Thanks!

Does it dry up if in the cabinet over a year? Can't decide whether to order by gallon or 16 ounce bottles. Usually I order in bulk but l can't image using 12 gallons (set of 12 colors) in a year with 6 kids, max.
I have yet to find paint that doesn't dry up. I would go with the smaller bottles 😁
Rockgirl 09:28 AM 01-14-2021
Thanks!
Cat Herder 10:44 AM 01-14-2021
I have yet to find paint that doesn't dry up. I would go with the smaller bottles ��
Ok. Point taken.

I do put a sheet of plastic under the cap to further the seal and life on our poster paints.

So, a more clear question: Does it separate and change into a slimy, smelly chemical that is no longer any recognizable color in under 12 months?

I will probably just stick with the small bottles.
Valerie928 11:39 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Ok. Point taken.

I do put a sheet of plastic under the cap to further the seal and life on our poster paints.

So, a more clear question: Does it separate and change into a slimy, smelly chemical that is no longer any recognizable color in under 12 months?

I will probably just stick with the small bottles.
I can't say for sure. I have only had my paints for a few months. Just going off the track record of other paints. Ta while. Seem to get funky after awhile.
Tags:art supplies, art supplies - toddler, bio color paint, paint
Reply Up