Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Vehicle For Daycare Use ???
Luvnmykidz 08:02 AM 11-26-2014
When purchasing a vehicle for 100% daycare use what disqualifies it as 100% daycare uses.
I provide before and after care transportation. Currently my dd's and ds attend a school a bit further than where my dck's attend. I will be purchasing a bigger vehicle for all my kiddos to fit in since my assistant just flaked on me. If I use the daycare vehicle to pick up daycare kids then my kids and head back home does that disqualify me from counting this vehicle as 100% daycare. If I wasn't doing daycare I wouldn't need a 12 passenger for just my family. There is no possible way for me to use my personal car for pick up. Thanks for your help and hopefully I didn't confuse anyone with my question.
TomCopeland 08:26 AM 11-26-2014
Originally Posted by Luvnmykidz:
When purchasing a vehicle for 100% daycare use what disqualifies it as 100% daycare uses.
I provide before and after care transportation. Currently my dd's and ds attend a school a bit further than where my dck's attend. I will be purchasing a bigger vehicle for all my kiddos to fit in since my assistant just flaked on me. If I use the daycare vehicle to pick up daycare kids then my kids and head back home does that disqualify me from counting this vehicle as 100% daycare. If I wasn't doing daycare I wouldn't need a 12 passenger for just my family. There is no possible way for me to use my personal car for pick up. Thanks for your help and hopefully I didn't confuse anyone with my question.
100% business use means 100%, not 95%. The trip from the place you drop off your daycare children to the school where you drop off your own children is a personal trip. So, since you are using this vehicle for some personal purposes, it's not 100% business use. Keep records of all the business miles you drive and divide them by the total number of miles you drive. You may be at 95% business use. Then you can either use the standard mileage rate, or the actual business expenses method (95%)
Reply Up