Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Babysitter..
sariejohnston 11:10 AM 01-14-2013
Hello, In the summer I left my job at the daycare and Now i am subbing for a preschool and Today i Just started watching a New born for a family i babysit for. The family is wonderful i love them, they have 3 boys the youngest is only a month old whom i am watching. The mom of the newborn is having a hard time leaving him which is normal for any mother, what are some ways i can bring comfort to her in helping her with this? She sent me a text that says i just miss him i am not sure what to say, i sent her a picture of him, and i plan on sending her more pictures... I know she is excited and trust me, she has told me that and i absolutely adore all her kids! I just didn't know if there was anything i can do to make this process a little easier on her? if anyone has any ideas please let me know.
Blackcat31 11:59 AM 01-14-2013
I totally understand how she feels. It IS hard and it does get easier in time, especially if she has a caring provider and it sounds as though you are trying your best to help her through this.

Have you considered using something like Babyconnect? It might be a good way for mom to check in with you during the day and to feel as though she is part of the daily routine you have with the baby, which might help her feel a bit better about the transistion.

You can check out Babyconnect and it's features here:http://www.baby-connect.com/
Reply Up