Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Advice On Napping 2 Toddlers
lovemyjob 07:26 AM 11-04-2011
Hello all,
I have 2 toddlers (ages 17 mos and 23 mos) who nap upstairs in my bedroom in pack-n-plays. I have never had a problem with them until recently...now I am beside myself in knowing what to do.

The problem: They have decided that it is fun to stand up and shake their cribs and pound on the wall. It causes a huge amount of noise and they love it. The issue is that it pounds on our ceiling where the rest of us are trying to nap and consequently..it wakes up the whole house.

I have tried everything from singing songs and rubbing backs to make it positive, to taking away stuffed animal and blanket. I cannot be licensed for any other upstairs bedrooms due to the size of my windows. I do not have 30 min of time to sit by their side until they fall asleep. As soon as I walk in the door, they both lay down, knowing they are doing "wrong".

Really really need input!!!! How do I put an end to this.....a couple weeks without a break and cranky kids is taking a toll on me.
Cat Herder 08:24 AM 11-04-2011
IMHO, it is time to do the hard work of transitioning them to cots or napmats.

I wish there was an easy button.
safechner 08:39 AM 11-04-2011
I would separate two toddlers in different rooms. It is likely they are staying up and doing something fun when they are in the same room. It happened to my two daycare toddlers so I decided I separated them in different rooms and it works.

Maybe you should move pack n plays away from the wall so they won't pound the wall.
Ariana 09:46 AM 11-04-2011
Can you get a room divider to put between them so they can't see eachother? Do you use white noise machines for the other nappers? That might help.
tweedledeedum 09:47 AM 11-04-2011
I would move them to mats or cots in the main nap area. Maybe try moving the older one first and see if that helps.
Tags:mats, napping, naptime routine, naughty, problem child, shaking, sleeping, toddlers, transitioning - crib to cot, transitioning - naps
Reply Up