Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help With Possibly Losing Job
jennym135 10:17 PM 01-24-2018
I’ve been working in daycare for 3 years now. I know that I’m not the perfect daycare teacher, but I try my best to do my job the way I’m supposed to everyday. But things happen. Today, I was out of ratio for quite some time(that’s normal) I had about 16 or 17 school agers and pre-K students. A lot of the kids don’t listen very well, and obviously when you have 17 or more kids in the same room, it’s gonna be loud and I bit uncontrolled. But I was doing my best to sit them all on the carpet and we were gonna play a game together. I have one child at the daycare whose mother never comes downstairs, she just Calls her child upstairs at pickup time. Some days I don’t see him leave cause it’s kind of crazy downstairs. Today that happened. My memory isn’t the greatest, but I do seem to remember one of the other kids. Saying that he was leaving. But around 5 or so, the child’s dad comes downstairs to get the child. The child is NOT downstairs. I glanced around, checked the bathrooms to be safe. The child was not downstairs. Dad goes to all his ex-wife to see if she picked him up. I didn’t hear anything after that if the child did get picked up. My director never came down to ask me about anything, so I’m hoping that Mom did pick the child up, and just didn’t tell Dad. Have you guys ever experienced anything like this happening?! I’m very nervous that I’m gonna get written up or worse. Need some advice! Thank you.
Tags:illegal, mandated reporter, ratio - over limit, supervision - inadequate, unsafe
Up