Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advice
Core12 10:39 AM 03-08-2018
Recently, I received a Colgate kit with toothpaste and toothbrushes for the kids. Today, I took a pic of 4 of the kids brushing at the sink, two on step stools and the other two on the counter. I group texted the pics to the mothers. All of the mothers said a nice compliment...except for one. A mother who is condescending to me frequently. This was her group response. “I hate to be “that mom”, but all of their names “All of their names are on their toothbrushes, right?”
I didn’t respond. I did have their names on the toothbrushes but you cannot see them from the pic. But, that isn’t the issue. 1). This mother never responds to my group texts. She is too cool to give a compliment. 2). Why wouldn’t you Send me a pm instead of a group text if you have that concern? 3). This mothers child is 2 yrs old and brings his nasty blanket and pacifier everyday. When it falls on the floor, she just pops it back in his mouth.
Ac114 10:46 AM 03-08-2018
Ugh! I would respond back with a simple yup! But I’m petty. I can’t think of a sarcastic comment at the moment.
amberrose3dg 10:48 AM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by Core12:
Recently, I received a Colgate kit with toothpaste and toothbrushes for the kids. Today, I took a pic of 4 of the kids brushing at the sink, two on step stools and the other two on the counter. I group texted the pics to the mothers. All of the mothers said a nice compliment...except for one. A mother who is condescending to me frequently. This was her group response. “I hate to be “that mom”, but all of their names “All of their names are on their toothbrushes, right?”
I didn’t respond. I did have their names on the toothbrushes but you cannot see them from the pic. But, that isn’t the issue. 1). This mother never responds to my group texts. She is too cool to give a compliment. 2). Why wouldn’t you Send me a pm instead of a group text if you have that concern? 3). This mothers child is 2 yrs old and brings his nasty blanket and pacifier everyday. When it falls on the floor, she just pops it back in his mouth.
Maybe stop including her on the text messages. Doesn't seem like she enjoys receiving them. Frustrating having parents like that.
Ariana 11:10 AM 03-08-2018
Ignore completely! She is having a tantrum.
Cat Herder 11:13 AM 03-08-2018
I'd respond " There's always one. The toothbrushes come individually wrapped. Deep breaths, Mom. I got this. "
Core12 11:15 AM 03-08-2018

This forum is so awesome!
Country Kids 11:18 AM 03-08-2018
I would ask her why would you put their names on them or I was wondering why all the kids were saying I gave them the wrong ones-thanks for the tip of putting names on them.
daycarediva 11:21 AM 03-08-2018
How frustrating.

"I am concerned with germs. ANYTHING that goes near a child's mouth is cleaned. I even wash his pacifier multiple times a day!"

jerkwad.
LostMyMarbles 11:31 AM 03-08-2018
Say nope I'm just going to let the kids grab whichever one they want to use.
Ariana 11:34 AM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I'd respond " There's always one. The toothbrushes come individually wrapped. Deep breaths, Mom. I got this. "
Perfect! Lol. Turn it back on her being a psycho
Unregistered 02:19 PM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
I would ask her why would you put their names on them or I was wondering why all the kids were saying I gave them the wrong ones-thanks for the tip of putting names on them.
Lol, this is totally how my mind works too. I hate when parents think we are stupid.
Unregistered 03:04 PM 03-18-2018
I'd term her. Nasty behaviors and attitude. I would say "Your text got me thinking of all the germs you bring in and the unhygienic behavior you model."
Tags:redirection
Reply Up