Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Interviewing an Assistant
mamamanda 05:05 PM 04-19-2015
Tomorrow I am interviewing an assistant to help me a few hours a week during the summer. She's a college student who came highly recommended by a couple ladies from my church. I've been chatting with her via facebook and am pretty sure I'm going to offer her the job, but just wondered if there's any specific questions you ask during an interview. We've discussed hours,pay, & responsibilities. What kinds of things do you ask? I'm excited. She will basically help with morning walks, craft time, & lunch prep/clean up. That will take so much stress off of me. I'm also interviewing for a new kiddo tomorrow. Fingers crossed!!!
daycare 06:03 PM 04-19-2015
Originally Posted by mamamanda:
Tomorrow I am interviewing an assistant to help me a few hours a week during the summer. She's a college student who came highly recommended by a couple ladies from my church. I've been chatting with her via facebook and am pretty sure I'm going to offer her the job, but just wondered if there's any specific questions you ask during an interview. We've discussed hours,pay, & responsibilities. What kinds of things do you ask? I'm excited. She will basically help with morning walks, craft time, & lunch prep/clean up. That will take so much stress off of me. I'm also interviewing for a new kiddo tomorrow. Fingers crossed!!!
I usually create a situation problem for them to lete know how they would solve it.

Two dcks are fighting and pulling hair ( make it up). You have asked them to stop 2 times and they are still going at it. What would you do.

I would also ask if there's any reason why she wouldn't be able to get to work on time or prohibit her from doing the job

I can't think of anything else right now even though I ask a million questions lol
DaisyMamma 04:32 AM 04-20-2015
Following.
Blackcat31 06:57 AM 04-20-2015
NannyDe wrote a great 5 part series about this

https://www.daycare.com/nannyde/the-...-assistant.htm
renea 02:33 AM 04-21-2015
I have gone to working interviews. You get a much better idea of how the person really is. I do several days until im ready to make the commitment to hire them.
Gemma 05:09 AM 04-21-2015
I'm also interviewing for a new kiddo tomorrow. Fingers crossed!!!
fingers crossed!
Controlled Chaos 05:38 AM 04-21-2015
It's an interview kinda day! I am interviewing an assistant during nap and a potential dc family at 5. Go team!
mamamanda 07:08 AM 04-21-2015
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
It's an interview kinda day! I am interviewing an assistant during nap and a potential dc family at 5. Go team!
Hope it went well for you!!!
mamamanda 07:15 AM 04-21-2015
Thank you for the link to nannyde's articles, blackcat! I hired the assistant and I'm very excited! I feel good about it and she seemed genuinely excited about the opportunity. She was happy with the hours I can offer right now and even stayed around to interact with the kids and help them with a painting project after we had finished talking business. Bonus: all of my kids here yesterday loved her! They kept asking when she's coming back and coloring pictures for her. I really feel confident that this will be a good experience for all of us! Thanks for the advice. The family I was supposed to interview had a sick kid yesterday so we rescheduled for later in the week. Hopefully that will go well also. That would put me at full enrollment!
Tags:assistant, interview - assistant, substitute
Reply Up