Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
View Poll Results: How do you use this forum
Main Category Area 12 54.55%
Search Link 4 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>How Do You Use/Search The Daycare.com Forum?
Michael 02:13 PM 12-14-2010
I have a question. How does everyone search this forum? Do you go to the Main Category area, use the "New Posts" link or use the "Search" link? I use the New Posts link. I will put up a poll if everyone would help answer. BTW, you can choose multiple answers in the poll.
Blackcat31 02:15 PM 12-14-2010
I use new posts button 99% of the time but if I am looking for a specific subject to see if there were previous threads about it or to find an old thread then I use the search button.
Abigail 02:32 PM 12-14-2010
I must be out of the loop. Where is this New Post option? Ha ha, I only click into the forum and if their is a paper sticking out the folder it's "suppose" to be unread by me and I read it. I use the Search function when I am looking for a specific keyword. OH, I just noticed the New Posts next to Search, ha ha, I will have to go see what it does.
DCMomOf3 02:49 PM 12-14-2010
I prefer to see all the posts, new or not and pay more attention to the bolding of posts with new responses or just new. I will use the search if I am looking for something specific.
Michael 04:07 PM 12-14-2010
Originally Posted by Abigail:
I must be out of the loop. Where is this New Post option? Ha ha, I only click into the forum and if their is a paper sticking out the folder it's "suppose" to be unread by me and I read it. I use the Search function when I am looking for a specific keyword. OH, I just noticed the New Posts next to Search, ha ha, I will have to go see what it does.
Abigail, it is in that darker blue bar near the top of the page. I can view the newest posts and they are also in bold.
Former Teacher 04:40 PM 12-14-2010
I personally go to the main page and click on the new posts. I very rarely look on the search feature unless there is something specific I am looking for.
AfterSchoolMom 03:57 AM 12-15-2010
I use New Posts as well. The search feature isn't my friend - it never works right for me. I must be doing something wrong.
DancingQueen 04:19 AM 12-15-2010
I go to the main so that I can see all posts but I look for that little thing that says something new has been added since I was there last.. but I have to tell you it is not always acurate. If I go 2 days without coming - there are posts that are not bolded that I have not seen the new responses to.
momofsix 05:55 AM 12-15-2010
Originally Posted by Abigail:
Me too! Oh I feel so silly Thanks Michael for pointing out the easy way to do things!
laundrymom 08:40 AM 12-15-2010
I go to main page and look for the bolded threads, I right click on the little blue button on the left side that opens the new thread responses in a new window,... then I cruise thru the windows thru the day.
Michael 10:27 AM 12-15-2010
Thanks all. This has been very helpful.

Michael
DCMomOf3 10:31 AM 12-15-2010
Originally Posted by DancingQueen:
If I go 2 days without coming - there are posts that are not bolded that I have not seen the new responses to.
This happens to me too. Or if I manually refresh my page it will sometimes reset so they all look like they have been read even if they haven't.
Tags:forum question
Reply Up