Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Mom Not Signing In Correctly
Baby Beluga 12:44 PM 09-13-2017
I used to sign the children in/out myself (license exempt.)

After thinking about it, it made more sense to have the parents sign the children in/out.

I have one parent who estimates her child's sign in/out time. So if DCK arrives at 7:27, she will sign DCK in at 7:20. How do you address this with parents? Say something? Mark the correct time in parenthesis next to their signature?

Normally this wouldn't bother me, but I am thinking in the event of a situation where sign in/out sheets were needed it would be a big deal, right?

FWIW there is a digital clock 5 inches from the sign in/out book.
Rockgirl 12:55 PM 09-13-2017
Maybe put a note on the sign-in sheet "Please enter time shown on clock when signing in/out".
MarinaVanessa 12:57 PM 09-13-2017
Put a post-it on her sheet with "Exact Times Please!" and a happy face. If it happens again write another note with a bolder color and larger letters, maybe even all caps and verbally address it. If it still happens walk over to the sign-in/out sheet with her, say the time out loud and very obviously stare at her writing the time down and double check the time. If she starts to round up again address it at that moment. All with a smile on your face of course and during friendly conversation. Make it so that it's less awkward and less trouble for her if she just properly does it right.

This could especially come in handy if something happens and DCP claims it happened on your watch when the child wasn't present yet etc.
Baby Beluga 01:43 PM 09-13-2017
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Put a post-it on her sheet with "Exact Times Please!" and a happy face. If it happens again write another note with a bolder color and larger letters, maybe even all caps and verbally address it. If it still happens walk over to the sign-in/out sheet with her, say the time out loud and very obviously stare at her writing the time down and double check the time. If she starts to round up again address it at that moment. All with a smile on your face of course and during friendly conversation. Make it so that it's less awkward and less trouble for her if she just properly does it right.

This could especially come in handy if something happens and DCP claims it happened on your watch when the child wasn't present yet etc.
This was my thought too.
Tags:sign in, signing in, signing in issues
Reply Up