Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Signing Clients Up For Waiting List?
_Dana_ 04:08 PM 11-02-2013
First, I want to THANK YOU all for the wealth of knowledge and information you provide on running programs from your homes and centers! I have lurked on the site over the last year while I planned to open a family home child care. Within a month of officially opening, I was full!!

I continue to receive several calls/week from people inquiring about whether I have any openings. My questions are:
How do you go about signing them up on your waiting list?
Do you take their name, number and ages of their child(ren), then call when you have a spot open?
Is there anything else that you ask?
What do you say?

Thanks!
blandino 04:33 PM 11-02-2013
I explain that I am currently full, but do have a waiting list available, and explain to them how it works and how many children are already on the list.

I take their name, contact info, child's age, and date of care needed.
Cradle2crayons 04:36 PM 11-02-2013
Originally Posted by _Dana_:
First, I want to THANK YOU all for the wealth of knowledge and information you provide on running programs from your homes and centers! I have lurked on the site over the last year while I planned to open a family home child care. Within a month of officially opening, I was full!!

I continue to receive several calls/week from people inquiring about whether I have any openings. My questions are:
How do you go about signing them up on your waiting list?
Do you take their name, number and ages of their child(ren), then call when you have a spot open?
Is there anything else that you ask?
What do you say?

Thanks!
I explain I don't currently have any openings, but if they want, I'll be happy to add them to my waiting list and I'll call them when I have another opening.

I write down their name, kids name and ages, their requested or needed days etc.

And then I call in the order they are on the list.
nanglgrl 05:06 PM 11-02-2013
You might want to ask the birthdates of the child or age in months (and document the date they called) so when you have an opening you aren't calling someone thinking their child is actually younger. Does that make sense?
Crazy8 06:47 PM 11-02-2013
I do the above, just take their info. But I often wonder if its weird that I am putting them on a wait list before interviewing them. Like if I was a parent I would want to visit the place before being on their waitlist but as a provider I don't waste time with interviews when I don't have openings.
Tags:interviews, waiting list
Reply Up