Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Deja Vu Child?
Mary Poppins 04:52 PM 06-20-2012
I currently have a dcb6 who is a carbon copy of my oldest ds (who is now a 21yo). It is eerie! They don't look alike but wow - their personalities are sooo similar it is almost creepy.

(They are both Tauruses so hmmm.... )

Honestly, I can predict what this kid is going to say and how he will react in a given situation because I already "raised him". It's really like deja vu lol!

Has anyone else experienced this? Perhaps not with your own child but with other dcks? It's great on one hand because I feel equipped to handle him and his "ways" but still, it's just very... weird.
cheerfuldom 05:19 PM 06-20-2012
that is weird. I have a daycare kid right now that reminds me SOO much of my niece but in this case, they even look alike.
Heidi 05:35 PM 06-20-2012
One of my dcb's has always reminded me of my oldest son, until recently, when the "terrible two's" hit (my son skipped them).

-"Old soul in a young body"...very serious child, deep thinker, although a sense of humor exsists, he's rarely silly on his own, and seems to consider everything

-An obsession with anything that has wheels, most notably trains and cars

-Picky eaters who would rather eat nothing than eat a vegetable

-can entertain himself for long periods of time just playing. Doesn't mind other children's company, but doesn't really seem to need it, either.

-rarely joins in on "group" activities, prefers to watch...sometimes will laugh & smile and encourage though

I told my son that this could be his kid...he's 22, and if he and his GF ever have a baby, he would probably look a lot like dcb!
Mary Poppins 06:25 PM 06-20-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
that is weird. I have a daycare kid right now that reminds me SOO much of my niece but in this case, they even look alike.
OK, now THAT would make it weirder!
Mary Poppins 06:28 PM 06-20-2012
Originally Posted by Heidi:
I told my son that this could be his kid...he's 22, and if he and his GF ever have a baby, he would probably look a lot like dcb!
I always told my son I hoped someday he had one JUST LIKE HIM but it backfired because now I have his 2.0 version!
Heidi 07:17 PM 06-20-2012
Originally Posted by Mary Poppins:
I always told my son I hoped someday he had one JUST LIKE HIM but it backfired because now I have his 2.0 version!
I honestly do wish my son would get one just like him, because he was (and still is) a breeze, baby. He was a GREAT first baby because his mellow ways set the precidence for the rest of the bunch.
Lilbutterflie 07:48 PM 06-20-2012
While I have not experienced this with any of my dck's; I had to chime in with seeing a de ja vu moment with my son, who is 4.

My son is very much like his daddy in personality. It's scary. But of course, I didn't know my husband when he was 4, so I've never experienced both at a young age. Until about a month ago...

My in-laws just put together some home video they took when my hubby was about 4, the same age my son is now! They put it on DVD and gave us a copy. Talk. About. De. Ja. Vu.

The look that I see in my sons face when he is angry, happy, excited, sad, etc... I saw it on the DVD! Only it wasn't my son, it was his daddy. Brought tears to my eyes, really. It was quite amazing to see.
Mary Poppins 08:48 PM 06-20-2012
Originally Posted by Lilbutterflie:
While I have not experienced this with any of my dck's; I had to chime in with seeing a de ja vu moment with my son, who is 4.

My son is very much like his daddy in personality. It's scary. But of course, I didn't know my husband when he was 4, so I've never experienced both at a young age. Until about a month ago...

My in-laws just put together some home video they took when my hubby was about 4, the same age my son is now! They put it on DVD and gave us a copy. Talk. About. De. Ja. Vu.

The look that I see in my sons face when he is angry, happy, excited, sad, etc... I saw it on the DVD! Only it wasn't my son, it was his daddy. Brought tears to my eyes, really. It was quite amazing to see.
That is awesome! I would have cried, too lol!
Tags:daycare experiences
Reply Up