Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>3 Meals A Day
SandeeAR 10:17 AM 11-03-2010
It's been 25 years since I had one of my own babies in the house.

At what age do you guys think a baby should be eating 3 meals a day?

My now 11 month, was eating 3 meals by 6 months. He is now eating some table foods too.

I have a 7 1/2 month, that I had to tell dcm, she is crying when I feed the others, to get her to bring something. For two weeks, she sent things like crunchies and mum mums. Finally, she sent some rice cereal. Baby started being satisfied much more. She still wants her to have the mum mums and crunchies at lunch. No food.
DCMomOf3 10:34 AM 11-03-2010
Once they are being spoon fed, they are old enough. My kids started anywhere between 4-6 months old depending on how well they liked to eat vs. drink. At 6 months though all my kids have at least baby cereal and jarred veggies/fruit at meal times. I haven't gotten one who rejects food though either.
mainemomma 03:16 PM 11-03-2010
I have an 11 month old in my care that now pretty much eats as the other kids eats...all finger foods for the most part. She does awesome with them and LOVES her 'groceries' as me and mom calls it lol. She also has a snack in the AM and PM with the other kidos. If we are eating something not suitable for her such as PB & Jelly or fishsticks, I will give her the fruit and veggies that I am serving (I am on the food program)...and still spoon feed her some baby food to substitute the food item shes not able to eat. She eats more often then the other kidos if you count bottles!
Unregistered 04:25 PM 11-03-2010
At 6 months baby should eat formula every 3 to 4 hours or breastmilk every 2 to 3 hours and 3 jars of fruit and or veggies and a small snack like puffs, mum mums, etc. once a day
SandeeAR 07:27 AM 11-04-2010
Thanks all. I thought it was a little odd that the dcm is not adding lunch yet. But what can you do. If she doesn't send the food and doesn't want her fed lunch. I just hate to see her fussing b/c I know she is hungry watching the others eat food, while she snacks.
Tags:eating, meals, snacks
Reply Up