Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Movement Songs
Lynnmom 06:25 AM 07-27-2012
Can anyone suggest some good cd's or dvds with simple ,not too annoying movement songs for toddlers? I have all the Hap Palmer cd's which I love but am looking for something different, maybe with a good morning opening and then short movement songs.
Blackcat31 06:27 AM 07-27-2012
Welcome to the forum!

Your have been upgraded so you can post freely now
Lilbutterflie 06:35 AM 07-27-2012
I'm interested to see the responses. I don't have any suggestions of CDs or DVDs; we mainly use YouTube Videos for movement songs.

The absolute favorite movement song over all 3 years of my daycare has been Slippery Fish!! Look it up on YouTube to find the moves. It is the cutest song, the cutest movements, and they love the ending (which is why I think it's always been the favorite).

Another good one that gets them jumping is Five Little Monkeys. They love yelling "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!"

I'm a little teapot, head shoulders knees & toes, skeleton dance, chicken dance are also favorites that come to mind.
lil angels 08:22 AM 07-27-2012
Jo Jo bear in a great kids workout DVD. Kids in motion is one that we like for CDs. We're going on a bear hunt. That song can also be found on you tube with the movements.
WImom 11:26 AM 07-27-2012
Move N Groove Kids dvd

Some of my DCK's favorite songs:
Tooty Ta
Shake your sillies out-Wiggles
Bop til you drop (greg and steve)
Anything Laurie Berkner

I use Spotify - free version - and have about 100 songs. I make different playlists for different things (ie: Action, scarves, rhythm sticks, etc)
Countrygal 12:18 PM 07-27-2012
I picked up a series of three cds called "The Ultimate Kids Song Collection". They are great! Unfortunately one of mine skips badly, and I need to replace it, but I love the cd's!

This thread prompted me to pick up replacement cds - I got them at Amazon for 1 cent plus 2.99 shipping. Used, but what a great buy for all three cds!(not each)
Tags:movement cd's, movement music, movement songs
Reply Up