Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>You Know You're A Child Care Provider When...
Brooksie 10:18 AM 03-08-2013
...You spend most of the day trying to get someone to poop!!

Feel free to add yours
wdmmom 10:22 AM 03-08-2013
Washing something! Faces, hands, dishes, butts, etc!
MissAnn 10:48 AM 03-08-2013
While watching TV you notice all the naked electrical outlets on the screen and you almost get up to find an outlet cover.
MissAnn 10:50 AM 03-08-2013
Every day, at the end of the day......you ask the last kid, "Who's picking you up today?"
MissAnn 10:54 AM 03-08-2013
When the parent of your most trying kid texts to say he/she will not be coming today, you text back to say he/she will be missed while inwardly you have a party going on in your head.

You KNOW it's true!
CedarCreek 11:07 AM 03-08-2013
You're constantly worried that your house smells like poop.

You freak out every time you see a sale at the craft store.

You're broke.

Evansmom 11:14 AM 03-08-2013
You find yourself texting "DCG just had a massive poop in the potty! Yay!!"
Not many jobs where you have the chance to do that!!
littlemissmuffet 11:18 AM 03-08-2013
Your three most used words in a day are "stop", "no" and "don't".

You know WHO pooped just by smell.

You mindlessly spell out bad words to other adults, even when there are no kids around.

You avoid going to grocery stores, resteraunts and other public places outside of work hours unless it's at night when you most kids will already be in bed.
Holiday Park 11:22 AM 03-08-2013
When my kids get off the school bus and enter the house automaticly quietly tiptoing past the nap room because they expect a baby to be sleeping when they get home.

When my 17 month old first wakes up and automaticly looks for his "friends" to play with in the play room , because all hes ever known since 3months of ahe is daycare babies/other kids. Or when he is bored when I'm closed because he has no one to play next to his own age. He usually does fine though and is good at playing by himself. But I noticed a difference in how I can get stuff done and he will keep himself busy much longer , when there are other Little ones playing beside him . Knowing he is used to being around other infants/toddlers gives me the confidence he will be ok at another pr iders home if i ever need to do drop in care to get my own things done on a me day.
Holiday Park 11:24 AM 03-08-2013
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
Your three most used words in a day are "stop", "no" and "don't".

You know WHO pooped just by smell.

You mindlessly spell out bad words to other adults, even when there are no kids around.

You avoid going to grocery stores, resteraunts and other public places outside of work hours unless it's at night when you most kids will already be in bed.
Lol haha so true about the poop &knowing whos it is.
spud912 01:04 PM 03-08-2013
Originally Posted by CedarCreek:
You freak out every time you see a sale at the craft store.

You're broke.

Yes!

Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
I do this too!!

AmyLeigh 01:33 PM 03-08-2013
You give strangers' kids "the look" when they act up in public.

It' s funnier when they stop.
Michelle 02:01 PM 03-08-2013
Originally Posted by AmyLeigh:

love this! and it is sooo true!
they don't know if we are some crazy lady and what we will do!

e.j. 02:07 PM 03-08-2013
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
When the parent of your most trying kid texts to say he/she will not be coming today, you text back to say he/she will be missed while inwardly you have a party going on in your head.

You KNOW it's true!
Guilty!
ABCDaycareMN 02:43 PM 03-08-2013
Originally Posted by AmyLeigh:

I have always done it. Even friends kids. All I have to do is give my stink eye and they stop what they are doing. I have done it so many times that the kids look at me when they are doing something they know they are not supposed to do but know they can get away with it with their parents.
Bookworm 03:07 PM 03-08-2013

You KNOW it's true!
So so true and not ashamed to admit it.
DaisyMamma 03:25 PM 03-08-2013

You KNOW it's true!
This is true for any kid, but especially a trouble maker. ...trouble makers get a full on happy dance

In the morning when your phone rings or dings you get excited and run to get it, to see who won't be in that day.....and get really bummed if it's not a call out.
daycarediva 04:38 PM 03-08-2013

You KNOW it's true!
busted!
daycarediva 04:46 PM 03-08-2013
You have to worry about who won't be paying that week

You say "we" all the time. "We need to use our running feet" "After lunch we will be taking a nap"

You have snot on your clothes
Springdaze 04:48 PM 03-08-2013
When people post the "funny" thing their kid did or said and its not funny to you because you see it all day long!
nanglgrl 06:30 PM 03-08-2013
You can get a child's coat, gloves, hat and boots on them in less than 30 seconds...if it's closing time you can do it in 20.

You make a well balanced, healthy lunch five days a week but you don't eat it.

You get around other adults and you can't stop talking even if you want to.

You can change a diaper without looking.
MissAnn 06:48 PM 03-08-2013
Originally Posted by Springdaze:
When people post the "funny" thing their kid did or said and its not funny to you because you see it all day long!
But you smile and laugh as if you've never heard it before.
DaisyMamma 05:27 AM 03-09-2013
It's the weekend and you still have binkies and toys in your pockets and pocketbook.
Msdunny 05:54 AM 03-09-2013
You have a date night, and the highlight is visiting a specialty toy store and looking for new toys!

And speaking of toy stores - you know which child will play with a new toy, and how they will use it, making the jump rope a bad idea for a certain little DCB!
sahm1225 03:31 PM 03-09-2013
I love the one about getting around other adults and not being able to stop talking. Last week the cashier asked me how was my day and the poor girl got an earful!
Patches 09:44 PM 03-09-2013
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
I love the one about getting around other adults and not being able to stop talking. Last week the cashier asked me how was my day and the poor girl got an earful!
Agreed! My poor dh gets an earful EVERY SINGLE DAY when he comes home because I am starved for some aduly conversation
Blackcat31 07:54 AM 03-10-2013
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
Originally Posted by Patches:
Agreed! My poor dh gets an earful EVERY SINGLE DAY when he comes home because I am starved for some adult conversation
LOL! I am the exact opposite...I spend so much of my day engaged in conversation (with DCK's, parents, on-line, myself...) that when closing time comes I just want quiet.

No talking, no whining (including by me) and no conversation.....from adults or children.

I enjoy the beauty of silence.
Lyss 09:21 AM 03-10-2013
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
You get around other adults and you can't stop talking even if you want to.

If it gets quiet during the day, rather than enjoying it you get nervous and start looking around to figure out what kid is doing something they aren't supposed to.
Tags:poop
Reply Up