Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCD Paying Issues
Dsquared 05:54 AM 02-12-2014
I am constantly having issues with a DCD of a child that I have been taking care of for about 2 years now (parents are divorced, he pays). If I could terminate him I would but I already have a family who's last week is the first week in March and for some reason I am having a very hard time filling that spot. Im not sure if it is the time or what, but I feel like I have been advertising forever, so financially i need him to stay. Anyway, he came on Monday without payment to drop off his kid and asks if he can pay me on friday for this weeks care and next weeks care because he gets paid fridays now. My families pay me friday for the following week as my contract states. I agreed, but now we have a huge snow storm coming tonight and I can just see it coming that come friday he will use the excuse of the weather to not be able to get payment to me. I need to send him a text today to warn him that the cash needs to be to me by friday morning. How would you all go about it in the text?
Leigh 06:05 AM 02-12-2014
Does he pay by check? I'd insist on a check dated for Friday for this week and next week's care before letting that child back in.
Dsquared 06:17 AM 02-12-2014
He has bounced checks so many times that I will only take cash from him now. I wish I was in the position to terminate It seems like every time I need to just terminate, I can't because I have another spot I need to fill already. He always eventually gets the money to me but it has been a hassle. Last time the same thing happened he said can I pay friday for this week and following, he shows up friday with a check, so I take it to the bank to cash it and they tell me the funds are not available! Then he came later that day with the cash. It is always a hassle. I just want to make sure I get my money friday morning.
Leigh 06:46 AM 02-12-2014
Deleted-double post
Cat Herder 07:15 AM 02-12-2014
"Just a quick reminder: Payment is due Friday morning at the latest. Your late payment fee will be _____. Thanks in advance."

If you do MMK invoicing you can just send him another email notice with the note added. Direct deposit/Auto pay would be the way to go if possible.
Dsquared 07:50 AM 02-12-2014
I will have to look into the direct deposit. Thanks for the advice. I will let him now that if he does not have payment by friday morning he will have to pay the $30 late fee.
Tags:late payment, late payment fee
Reply Up