Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Getting payment before our vacation
Dsquared 03:13 PM 07-27-2015
Hi Providers,

We are on vacation the week of August 3. My contract states that it is a paid vacation. Parents pay me Friday for the following week. I know one family in particular will pretend they don't know it is a paid vacation. This same family will be on vacation the week we get back so they will actually have to pay me for two weeks on friday Actually the grandma is taking the child to disney. My question is, can I send out a reminder text tomorrow reminding everyone that payment is still due for next week without sounding greedy? In the text do I include my part timers? One of my families switched to part time at the beginning of July. They have been with me for a year but the mom had another baby and has become a stay home mom but still wanted to bring the older child to daycare 3 days a week. I expect them to pay me since their original contract says it is a paid holiday. Thanks in advance for the advice!
Unregistered 03:28 PM 07-27-2015
Yes you can send a reminder message. I get paid monthly at the beginning of the month. My vacations are also paid. I always put in my monthly newsletters a reminder at the end that tuition for so-so month is due by the 1st. I even have it in my handbook and contract that tuition is due by the 1st regardless if the 1st lands on a non school day or late fees will incur. I've never had a problem so far.
Heidi 04:02 PM 07-27-2015
Yes, you can certainly send a reminder.

For the family that will be gone the week after you are, I would offer to have them write 2 checks. One to be deposited with the rest for your vacation, one to be deposited the following week for their vacation. If that makes it easier for them...
Reply Up