Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Raspberry bush?
MomBoss 08:01 AM 07-23-2019
Are raspberry bushes considered a toxic plant for daycare? Its not on the list but they do have thorns...my new house has them. Would love to keep them!
Blackcat31 08:37 AM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
Are raspberry bushes considered a toxic plant for daycare? Its not on the list but they do have thorns...my new house has them. Would love to keep them!
Not that I am aware of.

Of course, if you let anyone get hurt by the thorns and the parent is upset, they'll be on the list next year...
coloradoprovider 11:22 AM 07-23-2019
We planted about 7 of them last year. People make raspberry leaf tea - so I assume they're safe?! Of course if children are consuming large amounts of plant material then that's not good not matter what they're consuming. I have taught the children what they can eat. My green onions are in containers - children often have "onion breath." Since my garden is organic, I don't worry about them eating vegetables straight from the plant. Onions are the only plant they are allowed to eat without asking first. If children are getting pricked by the thorns, then they will learn not to get too close! Parents who complain if their child gets scratched when outside will need to appreciate that their child spends lots of time outside or move on!
Tags:plants, raspberry plants, toxic, toxic plants
Reply Up