Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pack n Plays
Unregistered 01:31 PM 10-23-2019
I use pack n plays for naps for little ones too young for mats and I have trouble with the pack n play mats bunching up in the middle. Does anyone else have this problem? Maybe there are certain brands that don’t do this? Mine is doing this and it’s new.
Michael 04:10 PM 10-23-2019
Here are some more threads on Pack n Play: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=pack+n+play
e.j. 07:09 PM 10-23-2019
I haven't had any problems with mine. I've used mostly Graco port-a-cribs.
Josiegirl 02:46 AM 10-24-2019
I found the same thing to be true but then I chose cheaper ones. The ones I had just never seemed as safe and secure as they should've been. BlackCat pointed me in the direction of mini cribs and I loved them!!
jenboo 04:53 AM 10-24-2019
Are you snapping (not velcroing) the pad down?
284878 05:07 AM 10-24-2019
Are you using a sheet? I've had a few sheets that were too small even though they were meant for that brand.
284878 05:09 AM 10-24-2019
Originally Posted by jenboo:
Are you snapping (not velcroing) the pad down?
I'm using a mini crib now but still have a pack and play. how in the world do you snap them down? I don't recall seeing any snaps. Is it only on some models?
Cat Herder 05:11 AM 10-24-2019
I went to mini-cribs. Too hard to get PNP's to meet regs. Can't be sanitized correctly, sheets ill-fitting and cardboard mattress leaves a lot to be desired.

Todays PNP's are nothing like the ones from the '80's and early '90s.
Unregistered 06:28 AM 10-24-2019
I’ve been velcroing it down, not snapping. Honestly I haven’t even noticed if they have snaps. I will check that. I do use a sheets on them but they fit well. They aren’t too tight. I’ve looked into the mini cribs but they don’t seem like they can be used as long as the pack n plays due to the height of the railing from the mattress. I could be wrong on this though?
Cat Herder 07:20 AM 10-24-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I’ve been velcroing it down, not snapping. Honestly I haven’t even noticed if they have snaps. I will check that. I do use a sheets on them but they fit well. They aren’t too tight. I’ve looked into the mini cribs but they don’t seem like they can be used as long as the pack n plays due to the height of the railing from the mattress. I could be wrong on this though?
We are supposed to move them to mats at 12 months. My three year old can't climb out of it during fire evacuation drills, though. They all ride down the driveway in one monthly. Several years use, now and still in perfect condition.

https://www.amazon.com/L-Baby-Holida...SIN=B0017KHFD2
jenboo 01:39 PM 10-24-2019
Originally Posted by 284878:
I'm using a mini crib now but still have a pack and play. how in the world do you snap them down? I don't recall seeing any snaps. Is it only on some models?
They all have snaps on the under side of the mattress things. The snaps are on a little piece of material. You feed it through the a slit in the bottom of the pack n play and then they snap to the underside of the legs.

If you don't snap it down, they aren't secure and you can't put sheets on them.
284878 08:53 PM 10-25-2019
They all have snaps on the under side of the mattress things. The snaps are on a little piece of material. You feed it through the a slit in the bottom of the pack n play and then they snap to the underside of the legs.

If you don't snap it down, they aren't secure and you can't put sheets on them.
I checked my pnp and it does not have any snaps. I don't think any pnp that I have owned over 10+ years had snaps. I have mostly owned Graco. So maybe it is another brand that have snaps or different models but definitely not all pnp have snaps.
jenboo 09:13 PM 10-27-2019
I checked my pnp and it does not have any snaps. I don't think any pnp that I have owned over 10+ years had snaps. I have mostly owned Graco. So maybe it is another brand that have snaps or different models but definitely not all pnp have snaps.
Interesting. I've owned graco and cosco and baby trend and they all have snaps on the bottom of the mats. I'll post a picture tomorrow when I have them out.
284878 06:05 AM 10-28-2019
Interesting. I've owned graco and cosco and baby trend and they all have snaps on the bottom of the mats. I'll post a picture tomorrow when I have them out.
I did find a video online by Graco showing how to set up one with snaps. It seems fairly simple, if I ever go back to pnp, I for sure get one with snaps.

The model that have the mat tucks into the corner, securing it so they can't pull it up as easy. It is in storage currently and I can't seem to find a good picture online.
jenboo 06:21 AM 10-28-2019
I did find a video online by Graco showing how to set up one with snaps. It seems fairly simple, if I ever go back to pnp, I for sure get one with snaps.

The model that have the mat tucks into the corner, securing it so they can't pull it up as easy. It is in storage currently and I can't seem to find a good picture online.
I've never seen ones that tuck into the corner. It is a newer one that meets the current regulations? I wish mine did both
284878 11:19 AM 10-28-2019
I've never seen ones that tuck into the corner. It is a newer one that meets the current regulations? I wish mine did both
I don't know about your regulations, but it meets mine. I have had 4 pnp like this, this current one is a few years old. I had one for ten years before I sold it. The only difference between the old one and new one is the mattress got thicker.
The model I have has rounded ends with the other sides lower. Which made easier to get heavier babies out. They still make this model but I am not sure if they changed this feature or not. I don't plan on buying another one.
Unregistered 01:26 PM 10-28-2019
I looked at mine and they do have snaps. Mine are both Graco. I snapped it in place but it didn’t seem to make any difference as far as the mattress bunching up.
Annalee 01:46 PM 10-28-2019
Mine has the corner things and a velcro-stick instead of a snap thing and it's a graco.?
Unregistered 04:51 PM 10-28-2019
Mine have the corner things, snaps, and velcro.
Tags:pack n play
Reply Up