Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Christmas Activity
mainemomma 04:41 PM 12-18-2010
I was just surfing the web and found a few things I thought I would share:

Sugar Christmas Tree Cones 1. Place a sugar cone upside down on a paper plate and cover it with dark green frosting.
2. Add assorted small candies such as red hots, miniature MM's, skittles, chocolate chips, etc.
3. Add different colored sprinkles.
4. Sprinkle on confectioners sugar so it looks like your christmas tree is covered in snow.

And this is one I am going to do with my son go give to his teachers:
SNUGGLE SOCK
Materials:
tube sock
fabric paint
rice
What to Do:
Fill a tube sock (white) with rice with a cute face fabric painted on
the end and tied on the other end. With it came this cute poem:

A Gift For You!
This is called a "snuggle sock".
We made it just for you.
It's good for all your aches and pains,
Cause it makes you feel brand new.
Just pop it in the microwave,
And turn it up to one,
And then before you know it,
Your "Snuggle Sock"
is done.
Now take it to the Living Room,
And lay down on the couch,
And press your toasty "Snuggle Sock",
On the nagging little "ouch".

And a cute game for the daycare kidos:
Santa Claus Scramble
Write the letters S-A-N-T-A C-L-A-U-S on individual index cards. Do this four times, making four sets, or forty cards. Place the cards in a brown paper bag. To play - have the players divide into two teams on opposite sides of the room.
Pass the bag that contains the letters. The teams alternate in picking a letter. The first team to combine their letters to spell SANTA CLAUS wins

This is super cute, not sure it we will have time for this though:
CHRISTMAS CENTERPIECE
We made the cutest center pieces for our Christmas luncheon with the senior citizens. They are very simple.
You take a large red apple and core the top part out. Use an ice pick and poke holes around the top outer edge. Have the children poke long pine needles in the holes and stick a 5" candle in the center. They look great and the moisture from the apple keeps the pine needles fresh for a few days.Hint: be sure to get apples that stand up straight.

I found all these ideas at http://www.childcarelink.com/Christm...ea%20Page.html
Candyland 06:20 PM 12-18-2010
cute activities! thank you for sharing.
Reply Up