Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ideas for room set up?
childcaremom 05:14 AM 10-02-2015
We have a split level. Daycare is permanently set up on the lower level. We come up to eat and to get outside.

We have finally entered the cooler, rainy season so when we come in we need to change clothing (not always, but usually). In the past, I have had the upper living room area open to daycare but not kid proof. In essence, my littles were well trained and listened to me. This group is younger and, well, dumpers. I have been bringing them in and trying to get them changed without the wet ones leaving the mat and then putting the dry ones in the high chairs after they get changed.

Yeah, that works about as well as it sounds.

My ideas:
I really am not liking any of these ideas but this is what I've come up with. Both areas are L shaped. Upstairs the living room is the big room and the dining room is the smaller. Dining room would have to stay upstairs so I would still have the same issue, I guess. But would be able to block it easily with daycare shelving.

I like having daycare downstairs so it's separate. Love that. Need that. Not so keen on having daycare stuff upstairs but sometimes it is what it is. And it wouldn't have to be permanent and I would remove them to the downstairs each weekend. Our upstairs living room is currently not daycare although we do use it sometimes for bigger kids if they wake up early to play quietly. Dining room is used for eating and also crafts and sensory type stuff.

My last idea: move! Ha, not happening.

Ideas?
Rockgirl 06:14 AM 10-02-2015
I think I'd go with the first idea. I love having a separate daycare space, and could never go back to living in the middle of toys in my personal space.
SilverSabre25 06:14 AM 10-02-2015
A super yard might work to block off your living room until they mature a bit. It folds and you can collapse it after daycare and then put it back in the am. Then come in, change people, eat, go downstairs.
Reply Up