Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Redleaf Calendar Keeper
Thriftylady 10:43 AM 12-29-2015
Oh my gosh I just got this and I am in love! I was hesitant to order it, but I bit the bullet and did it hoping to reduce the paperwork pile. It will combine so much of my paper! I am so glad I ordered it.
sharlan 12:32 PM 12-29-2015
I loved mine. I use Minute Menu now.
Blackcat31 12:43 PM 12-29-2015
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Same here.

Our food program gave us one for free for years. I never used them.

I think I sent the last one I had gotten to a member of this board/forum just so I wasn't tossing it out.

NOT that it wasn't useful, just wasn't useful to me after they started giving up Minute Menu Pro for free.
Thriftylady 05:01 PM 12-29-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Same here.

I think I sent the last one I had gotten to a member of this board/forum just so I wasn't tossing it out.

NOT that it wasn't useful, just wasn't useful to me after they started giving up Minute Menu Pro for free.
Well I don't have minute menu, so I can't say. This is going to be better than what I have been using though! I have had so many different pieces of paper to deal with each day.
Charl 05:04 PM 12-29-2015
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I used the Redleaf this year,but am considering changing to Minute Menu. How do they compare, record-keeping wise?
daycare 05:39 PM 12-29-2015
Same here.

wow you get MMK pro for free???

I have to pay yearly about $70
Blackcat31 06:20 AM 12-30-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
wow you get MMK pro for free???

I have to pay yearly about $70
Yes, everyone in my area/state does if they go through a food program that uses it. I have only used two different food programs but both of them give providers Minute Menu Pro for free!
daycare 09:11 AM 12-30-2015
Yes, everyone in my area/state does if they go through a food program that uses it. I have only used two different food programs but both of them give providers Minute Menu Pro for free!
I am with our food program and they don't give us squat...lol
Meeko 09:17 AM 12-30-2015
I use the calendar every year. Love it.
daycarediva 11:01 AM 12-30-2015
I use the calendar and love it. I am a paper/pencil gal and I tried MM, couldn't get the hang of it. I might have tried harder had it been free though..
Thriftylady 11:06 AM 12-30-2015
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I use the calendar and love it. I am a paper/pencil gal and I tried MM, couldn't get the hang of it. I might have tried harder had it been free though..
I am kind of partial to pen and paper myself. I find pen and paper faster. But if something was free I would give it a shot.
Preschool/daycare teacher 11:49 AM 12-30-2015
What kind of information does it keep track of? I've been using a notebook for the kid's information: One child on each page which includes dates of attendance, time in and out, which meals they ate, and when their parents paid and how much. In the back of the same notebook I've recently been trying to write down any time I spend on childcare stuff outside of childcare hours, but I'm really bad at that part
KayB 11:53 AM 12-30-2015
LOVE LOVE LOVE mine! I am also a pencil and paper gal!
Janiam 02:12 PM 12-30-2015
I have used it for years.....absolutely love it. I tried the free version of mmk and it was a pain, either operator error or my tired computer. May try it again when I upgrade my PC and see if I have better luck.
Thriftylady 03:21 PM 12-30-2015
Originally Posted by Preschool/daycare teacher:
What kind of information does it keep track of? I've been using a notebook for the kid's information: One child on each page which includes dates of attendance, time in and out, which meals they ate, and when their parents paid and how much. In the back of the same notebook I've recently been trying to write down any time I spend on childcare stuff outside of childcare hours, but I'm really bad at that part
Attendance, meal counts, expenses, income (from parents and food program), Emergency drills. I may have missed something. But it will simply my life. I have made all my own forms and it will be so nice to have them all in one "book".
Josiegirl 03:50 AM 12-31-2015
We get a free calendar keeper every year, I tried using the one I got last year and just couldn't figure it out. I've never been good with filling out forms, etc. Maybe I'll take a closer look at it this year.
I've always just used separate places. The business end of this job has never been my strong point.
Tags:calendar keeper, redleaf press
Reply Up