Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daily Cleaning
HappyPennie 06:11 AM 06-18-2012
Does anyone have a set list of things to do during each day as far as cleaning and stuff around the house? I'd rather spread out my cleaning throughout the week than use a large chunk of my weekends to do it. Anyone have ideas or want to share your own routines?
akpayne 06:47 AM 06-18-2012
I clean my floors every day after my DCK leave. I do dishes everyday before DCK arrive and during nap. I clean my bathrooms and dust every other day. Laundry is done everday, I throw a load in before DCK arrive and fold during freeplay or get my daughter to help during naptime. I try and stay on top of everything and make sure I do atleast one big job everyday. somethings like cleaning my oven, windows etc end up weekend jobs.
Kiki 06:51 AM 06-18-2012
We have a chore chart at my house. It used to rotate out every month and be different jobs, but I found it was easier if we just kept it the same each week.
Just write down everything you normally do during the week to make your house sparkle, and assign the task to a day. Things like sweeping, cleaning up your bathroom/bedrooms are things that of course happen daily, but the other jobs can be spread out easily throughout the week if you just split them up.
Country Kids 06:54 AM 06-18-2012
Morning Routine

Laundry-Wash, Hang to dry, start towels, dry, Fold/put away any that need down
Livingroom-Pickup, Vacuum (Also Vacuum Daycare Room)
Kitchen-Put dishes away, clean up from breakfast

Afternoon Routine

Daycare Bathroom-Clean sink, toilet, mop, restock supplies
Kitchen-Due any dishes that have collected, wipe down counters, table/chairs,mop
Mainbathroom-Take out laundry, wipe down counters,mirror, toilet,bathtub,mop
Entry Way-Mop
Laundry-Fold/Put away morning loads

Evening Routine

Pick up anything that need down
Clean Kitchen up from afternoon/dinner
Lianne 07:13 AM 06-18-2012
I clean as I need to. If I see something is dirty, I clean it then or make a note to clean it as soon as I have a moment. Mondays tend to be the day I do most of my cleaning. If I'm home on the weekend then I'll do some housework but I'm not giving up my 'playtime' to clean my house. I have a smaller group on Mondays and the kids are tired from busy weekends & seem to want to just play quietly and amuse themselves. My house usually needs tidying after a weekend spent coming and going. I usually do my laundry, clean the bathroom, dust, tidy & reorganize, etc.
Reply Up