Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>No Pull-Up?!
HappyPennie 08:17 AM 06-24-2013
I have never been so mad at this family! They are 2 twin girls in the process of potty training. DCG 1 has been in underwear for about a month and a half and has only had two accidents here. DCG 2 on the other hand is NOT ready to be in underwear...she rarely, VERY rarely tells me when she has to go to the bathroom. Well today they decided to send her in underwear and didn't bother to even tell me! So you can guess what happened...yep! Peed her pants in the middle of my living room floor! She just started crying for no reason and I looked at her trying to figure out what was wrong and noticed she was standing in a wet spot. I was furious (not at her but the parents). They have always been disrespectful of my policies. They TELL me instead of asking me how things go. I am sick and tired of it! This is there last week here so I don't have to put up with it much longer...I have had ENOUGH! I'm sad to see the girls leave but I will NOT miss the parents/grandparents and their disrespectful and rude manners! Just had to vent!
Blackcat31 08:31 AM 06-24-2013
I sure hope you are calling them.

I'd also be attaching a carpet cleaning fee to their next invoice.

for dealing.
HappyPennie 07:36 PM 06-24-2013
I got her changed and in a pull-up and got the mess cleaned up. When G-pa arrived for pick-up I told him DCG 2 had an accident and that she isn't ready for underwear at daycare yet and needs to be in pull-ups. Ugh...we'll see what happens tomorrow....
cheerfuldom 09:15 AM 06-25-2013
I think we have had at least a half dozen posts recently about parents dropping their un-potty trained kids off in underwear and it seems like most if not all of them where kids that were going to be leaving the program soon anyway. Its very common for parents to disregard policies those last few weeks. and also very common for them to try and force potty train their child before going to the next daycare (where they have probably told the provider that their child is already trained). it sucks I know. I would put her back in pullups and refuse to provide care if they dont provide pullups. check her at the door and check her bag at the door. send them home if they dont provide the right supplies. at this point, i would rather refund the last week of care and get them out the door than to put up with a child peeing all over the house for a week.
Tags:parents - don't cooperate, potty trained - not
Reply Up