Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 03-24-2021, 04:11 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Wisconsin License Question

How long does it take to get licensed in Wisconsin, and can you operate while you're waiting?
Old 03-24-2021, 08:16 PM
Day Care Owner

Not from WI but it took me 8/9 months from app to license but there were some delays. I also could not open until licensed. So I would think that you being license exempt already would speed things up.

However...
There are two other providers on this forum in other states that are having a difficult time getting a hold of there inspector and/or getting inspected due to covid.
Old 03-25-2021, 05:08 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 284878 View Post
Not from WI but it took me 8/9 months from app to license but there were some delays. I also could not open until licensed. So I would think that you being license exempt already would speed things up.

However...
There are two other providers on this forum in other states that are having a difficult time getting a hold of there inspector and/or getting inspected due to covid.
I wondered about covid. I know that they've been doing inspections via zoom for current licensed people here, but I don't know about newly licensed people.
Old 03-27-2021, 06:12 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinMama View Post
I wondered about covid. I know that they've been doing inspections via zoom for current licensed people here, but I don't know about newly licensed people.
I'm in Madison, WI

It took me about a year to get my license. It would have been sooner but Covid hit right as I was doing my Pre-License visit in March. After my pre-license visit in March, it took them till September to come back and do my licensing visit and they issued my license the same day. I just had an unannounced visit this week too.

So I do know they are still doing in person visits for people trying to get licensed as well as visiting people who already have a license.
Old 03-28-2021, 05:50 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janell999 View Post
I'm in Madison, WI

It took me about a year to get my license. It would have been sooner but Covid hit right as I was doing my Pre-License visit in March. After my pre-license visit in March, it took them till September to come back and do my licensing visit and they issued my license the same day. I just had an unannounced visit this week too.

So I do know they are still doing in person visits for people trying to get licensed as well as visiting people who already have a license.
Were they nice? I'm so nervous. I've been doing a majority of the things already when it comes to paperwork, and it seems my house is set up well....I hope. I'm probably putting more pressure on myself than I need to, but I really love my job and I want to have all my ducks in a row. I just applied for my packet.
Old 03-28-2021, 06:40 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Were they nice? I'm so nervous. I've been doing a majority of the things already when it comes to paperwork, and it seems my house is set up well....I hope. I'm probably putting more pressure on myself than I need to, but I really love my job and I want to have all my ducks in a row. I just applied for my packet.
Yeah, my licensor was really nice. my pre-licensor was Nice too. you will get a huge packet in the mail with all the info in it and stuff you need to do with checklists and stuff. Once you feel like you have done everything, then you will schedule a visit with a pre-licensor. usually this person is from 4C and not a DCF licensor. she/he will go over all the paperwork and walk around the house and outside and go over every detail with you in depth. This visit is like 2-3 hours long. after that visit, you fill out your application and mail in all your paperwork and background checks etc.. to licensing. And then they will schedule a real visit with you after they process your paperwork.

Where in WI are you?

you can find me on FB if you want to check out my daycare or want to message me if you have questions or anything. https://www.facebook.com/Over-The-Ra...02392358294900
Old 04-02-2021, 10:40 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janell999 View Post
Yeah, my licensor was really nice. my pre-licensor was Nice too. you will get a huge packet in the mail with all the info in it and stuff you need to do with checklists and stuff. Once you feel like you have done everything, then you will schedule a visit with a pre-licensor. usually this person is from 4C and not a DCF licensor. she/he will go over all the paperwork and walk around the house and outside and go over every detail with you in depth. This visit is like 2-3 hours long. after that visit, you fill out your application and mail in all your paperwork and background checks etc.. to licensing. And then they will schedule a real visit with you after they process your paperwork.

Where in WI are you?

you can find me on FB if you want to check out my daycare or want to message me if you have questions or anything. https://www.facebook.com/Over-The-Ra...02392358294900

Thank you so much!!! I'm still waiting for my packet. I'm so excited to get started. I'm in Southwest Wisconsin. About 40 miles west of Madison.
Old 04-03-2021, 06:01 PM
Daycare.com Member

I just got my packet!!! Yeah!
Old 04-06-2021, 06:32 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
I just got my packet!!! Yeah!
awesome! hope it all goes smoothly.
Old 04-07-2021, 08:41 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote: