Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 04-02-2014, 04:44 PM
Daycare.com Member

It was in the 50's here today and we were outside for HOURS!!!

In addition, I didn't have nearly a third of the behavior issues I've been dealing with because of it. Woot!!!
Old 04-02-2014, 10:55 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Care View Post
It was in the 50's here today and we were outside for HOURS!!!

In addition, I didn't have nearly a third of the behavior issues I've been dealing with because of it. Woot!!!

It's been nice here, too.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:50 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I have a cold. The same cold going around daycare.

Well, only one dck is here and she's snuggled up on the couch. Everyone else is late. Which is wonderful because it's giving my cold medicine time to kick in!!
Old 04-08-2014, 06:50 PM
Family Childcare Provider

I've filled my last FT spot!! I like to have a couple spots open for drop ins and such, plus my own kids, but I'm so excited! This interview was a big build up and I feel so much better knowing it's done and over with!
The weather has been beautiful, my kids are healthy again and I feel successful!
Old 04-11-2014, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

Default yay

A family that I've had for almost five years just termed
I have wanted to term them for the past four years for SO MANY reasons, but a worse family took priority. I let this one stay because I didn't want my good dcfs to think that I terminate a lot of people, and with "privacy" laws going the way they are, I couldn't tell them what happened.
So, I let them stay ... and they had another baby I had so been looking forward to the end of dck1's time here. Well, dck2 is not so difficult. But the parents!!
But now they have termed me supposedly because I can't do enough hours for them. But they don't use the hours they have contracted with me - they apparently don't much care for getting up in the a.m. I charged them three times my regular amount for the early hours, part of their weekly fee, and they still don't show up.
But it's all good
I don't think I've ever been termed before, except for the occasional "must-have-REAL-preschool" dcps. And I have only termed one other family, for the record I really try to keep working with people, and most seem to get with the program well enough.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:00 AM
Unregistered

Smile Happy With Set Up

I've been working hard in little increments when I have time.. to get my dc area set up the way I want it. I will probably always want to do more, but I'm really happy with I've got going... my husband even commented on how fun it looks!
Old 04-17-2014, 08:58 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Zumba Kids

We had one of our Zumba instructors from the gym (who is friends with my sister) come to the daycare to do Zumba with the kids. The first group was preschoolers and the older 2's, and then with the school age's after. We danced outside because it was finally nice out. It was so much fun!
Old 04-18-2014, 05:28 AM
Daycare.com Member

One of my DCMs told me I'm the best thing that ever happened to their family.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:42 PM
Matilda Jane Addict

Both of my families left this month-one b/c they had a new baby and dcm was staying home for an extended time, and the other b/c dcd was starting a business from home & become a wahd. The latter was my fave & they loved me too. I was worried b/c my hubby is disabled, & I'm pregnant. But- had an interview this week for a baby same age as the last family's baby, and they just called to let me know they'll be dropping off contract and stuff today. yay! They're signing with me. That helps so much! I only needed one or two families to sign on to be able to help out.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:00 AM
Daycare.com Member

Smile

DCB that was non verbal when we started watching him, walked up to me and said : "I love you " I said: Love u more and he said " Love you most." Then DcM who needed an unexpected overnight paid us an $80 bonus )
Old 05-02-2014, 05:25 PM
Daycare.com Member

I just found out a DCF is planning to term in August. They didnít tell me. I found out from a representative of the center they are planning on switching to!

I smiled and smiled. Theyíre mad because I told them if they drop off late anymore I will not be serving their son breakfast. Oh and they want me to give DCB medication outside of the pharmacy instructions. I refused.

I AM OVER THE MOON THEY ARE LEAVING IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS. Itís been an awesome birthday.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:16 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidGrind View Post
I just found out a DCF is planning to term in August. They didnít tell me. I found out from a representative of the center they are planning on switching to!

I smiled and smiled. Theyíre mad because I told them if they drop off late anymore I will not be serving their son breakfast. Oh and they want me to give DCB medication outside of the pharmacy instructions. I refused.

I AM OVER THE MOON THEY ARE LEAVING IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS. Itís been an awesome birthday.
That's awesome! Do you have a replacement?
Old 05-09-2014, 10:37 AM
Daycare.com Member

My teacher dcm has brought me a gift every day this week for teacher appreciation week. Monday was a geranium, Tuesday a mason jar full of Sweedish fish, Wednesday a bottle of hand lotion, Thursday two tomato plants, two pepper plants and more flowers, and today she came in with a 30 pack of Coors light!! She wins best dcm of the year!
Old 05-09-2014, 12:24 PM
Daycare.com Member

Our Mothers Day crafts are completed and they look cute.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:38 PM
Daycare.com Member

I just got a GC to dunkin donuts from my one dcfamily for Mother's Day.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:28 PM

Just picked up $1000 worth of toys for $50 at a garage sale.

Discovery Toys, Fisher Price, Alex toys, Tonka, CAT, LeapFrog, play kitchen, play work bench, & a kid sized table w/chairs.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie View Post
My teacher dcm has brought me a gift every day this week for teacher appreciation week. Monday was a geranium, Tuesday a mason jar full of Sweedish fish, Wednesday a bottle of hand lotion, Thursday two tomato plants, two pepper plants and more flowers, and today she came in with a 30 pack of Coors light!! She wins best dcm of the year!
Hell yeah, she does!
Old 05-13-2014, 12:52 PM
New Daycare.com Member

DCG is napping, yay!

Such a rare occurrence. She's only done it once before. lol
Old 05-15-2014, 11:52 AM
FCC Educator

Today dcg3 gets changed into back up clothes because it's just so muggy and hot today. Her back up shirt has something written on it with hearts, and she asks me what it says. I read it to her while pointing out the words, it says......A lot of Love. She smiles and tells me, "that's a good shirt to wear, cause there's a lot of love here."
Made my day!
Old 05-15-2014, 04:38 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddieCahoots View Post
Today dcg3 gets changed into back up clothes because it's just so muggy and hot today. Her back up shirt has something written on it with hearts, and she asks me what it says. I read it to her while pointing out the words, it says......A lot of Love. She smiles and tells me, "that's a good shirt to wear, cause there's a lot of love here."
Made my day!
So cute!
Old 05-21-2014, 02:57 PM
Daycare.com Member

I usually have DCKs till 4:45-5pm. EVERYONE was picked up early today and I was off at 2:50. WOOOOOOO!!!! Party at TaylorTot's DC!
Old 05-22-2014, 10:23 AM
Legally Unlicensed

I raised my rates by $10 a week for new families, but I'm going to start providing diapers. I had no bites before, but now that I provide diapers I've scheduled 3 interviews just since Tuesday! Woohoo!
Old 05-22-2014, 12:22 PM
Daycare.com Member

The TCAP testing that is to be 15 to 25% of a child in 3rd-8th grade's final grade has been waived due to an at-least 10 day delay. They can put those test in a shredder for all I care....Timed-testing tells me nothing about my 2 sons and puts way too much stress on teacher and student....best news i have heard in a long while regarding schools with common core/TCAP testing dilemmas!!!!!
Old 05-25-2014, 01:09 PM
Daycare.com Member

I agree going outside really helps both the children and the workers as well. I notice when the kids can't get outside it's ....... oh boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom View Post
I love the venting thread here, but thought that it would be appropriate to post a thread for the good things that happen during our days as well. Sometimes it may be a small thing that made you smile, but the little things can really make a difference in the course of a day. For instance - for the last two days it has been in the mid 60's here for the first time since September. The ground has been dry enough to actually go outside, so I've spent the last two afternoons outside in the sun with my after schoolers. They are really responding positively to the warm weather and the opportunity to play outside, so... so far this has been a fantastic week!
Old 06-02-2014, 10:48 PM
Daycare.com Member

DCB ate a few pieces of fruit (pineapple) for the first time ever since he started 5 months ago!
Old 06-03-2014, 01:33 PM

Hallelujah it can happen! My very aggressive 3 yo (whose birthday is today actually) is learning finally, at long last, to use his WORDS to communicate anger and frustration instead of acting out physically. Okay so he was hitting me 20 minutes ago when I told him no about something, but just now he and DCB 5 are cleaning up toys and 3yo said irritatedly, "ZEEE!"

"Hey, Z, it sounds like 3yo is frustrated. 3 yo, are you wanting to clean up the blocks on your own, and Z cleans up something else? [3yo nodded] Okay, thank you for using words instead of your body. Can you tell Z that?"
"Zee, me keen box ooo keen dming ELSE."
Z: "Okay!"
Old 06-04-2014, 09:48 AM
Daycare.com Member

Started a new infant,3 months old, today! She is breast fed but has done wonderful with the bottle...She is also only going to come one or two days a week till mom goes back to teaching end of July....FULL PAY......I can deal with that!
Old 06-11-2014, 11:13 AM
Daycare.com Member

Little C is learning sign language for "more" and "please" and it's adorable to see how proud he is of himself when he gets it. I love watching him learn.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:55 AM
Daycare.com Member

Father's Day gifts are DONE! We had a last minute snafu so I am soooooo relieved right now!

I am off tomorrow and have a massage appointment. I also get to pick my own kids up from school and DD gets to have a friend over because NO DAYCARE!!
Old 06-13-2014, 07:56 AM
Daycare.com Member

Red face half day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymaboy View Post
It FRIDAY!!! I had a half day & am done till Monday! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
You were only open half day??? Great idea, sometimes I'd like to do a half day instead of closing all together. Very rare when we close but good to know that I can do half day if needed.

Happy Friday! June 13, 2014
Old 06-16-2014, 04:18 PM
Daycare.com Member

My one dcboy potty trained himself. In over ten years that has never happened. I'm just amazed that he decided to do it and it's done
Old 06-17-2014, 04:58 PM
Family ChildCare Provider

Default Parents came early!!

I had a doctor appointment this afternoon, and let my parents know in the usual various ways. There's almost always someone who 'didn't see that anywhere' though.

Not today! Everyone came EARLIER than I'd requested! I was in shock And so appreciative too PLUS one who was slightly sick yesterday was kept home this morning. Can I just say wow?! Just WOW!!!
Old 07-10-2014, 07:09 AM
Daycare.com Member

My bestest DCM, the one who always says "thank you", texted me to say dcb woke up verrrry early & was cranky & she was keeping him home to spare me his fussiness.

Wow. I want more like her.

Last edited by Naptime yet?; 07-10-2014 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old 07-16-2014, 03:25 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Yay!

I have a new dcg who is four months old and I am so happy that she is sweet and adjusting beautifully. She looks at me with those big blue eyes and smiles when I talk to her. She plays happily on her play mat, batting at the toys while I am busy with the other kids. She's just a happy baby!
THAT was a good thing today!
Old 07-23-2014, 07:50 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Smile today

I have a developmentally delayed 2yo (he is in the process of getting evaluated), for nearly 2 months now. He is a sweet giant of a little guy! Spent his first 2 years home with Dad or a young/inexperienced nanny. He is significantly behind in a lot of areas.

We have been working on a lot of things and he will get it but take him a long time. It took about month of playing peekaboo at every diapers change before he started playing with me.

This morning he waved hello to me!
This was the first time he has ever waved! It is one of the things we've been working on.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:51 PM
Daycare.com Member

Very seldom am I able to bring the kids anywhere, we're always stuck in the house or backyard or if we're lucky we take a walk up our hill. Well, today I had 3 SA girls and we had a wonderful day together! Visited 2 playgrounds, the library, went out for ice cream and then took a walk up our hill. It was simply a nice day. Even the girls said "This was the best day ever!"
And NO diapers!!
Old 07-30-2014, 06:08 PM
Daycare.com Member

Today I had a dcg that is a teachers child. Her mom went on maternity leave 6 months ago. I have seen her briefly only twice since then. Today I had only my own kids and her and it was such a treat. Made me remember why I do this job. She is almost 3 and I have had her for two years. This 6 month break made her a little shy and timid around us. We went to the playground and after a little while she asked me to sit with her on a bench. We sat and after a few minutes she kissed my arm and looked up with a big grin.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:17 PM
Daycare.com Member

I have a 21 month old who had a stroke at birth. We have been working on physical things since he came here 10 months ago. He only had 1 or 2 sort of words. He is doing great physically and is meeting his milestones, so all we are doing now is strengthening. I guess his brain took a deep breath and said, "Ok, walking is done. Let's start talking."

This week, he learned to sign "more", "please", and "all done". Today, when I said "Let's go eat", he said "eat". Just before pick up, he was the only one here. We had a light snack today, and I guess it was too light to suit him. He stood in front of me and signed AND SAID "Eat!" He got another snack!!!!!
Old 07-31-2014, 10:25 AM
Legally Unlicensed

Talking

I had my first unannounced food program visit today and I did awesome! This was definitely what I needed to get out of this funk... just hearing someone on the outside telling me what a great job I'm doing makes me feel so much better. Not to mention, she was pretty much the friendliest and sweetest woman I've ever met
Old 08-01-2014, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunchimes View Post
I have a 21 month old who had a stroke at birth. We have been working on physical things since he came here 10 months ago. He only had 1 or 2 sort of words. He is doing great physically and is meeting his milestones, so all we are doing now is strengthening. I guess his brain took a deep breath and said, "Ok, walking is done. Let's start talking."

This week, he learned to sign "more", "please", and "all done". Today, when I said "Let's go eat", he said "eat". Just before pick up, he was the only one here. We had a light snack today, and I guess it was too light to suit him. He stood in front of me and signed AND SAID "Eat!" He got another snack!!!!!
Old 08-01-2014, 06:14 PM

I have one pregnant dcm who did not plan the pregnancy but they are still happy. When another dcm found out, she said dang it!! So when can I have another one? She meant when would I have room for her next child. She's planning her procreation around my availability. LOLOL. She IS very happy for the pregnant dcm, don't get me wrong, but she's dead serious about timing her next pregnancy so that I will have a spot.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:48 PM
Daycare.com Member

Finally bought my 1st ever domain!!
(http://www.mslisadaycare.com)
I feel so professional now!
Old 08-04-2014, 05:42 PM
Provider In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday View Post
She's planning her procreation around my availability. LOLOL.

Omg lol. Now if that is not the best compliment received, I don't know what is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLisa View Post
Finally bought my 1st ever domain!!
(http://www.mslisadaycare.com)
I feel so professional now!

YAY! Congratulations
Old 08-06-2014, 09:54 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default I love my very best friend

I love my very best friend ********* Kiss
The friend who is speech impaired "luuuee2" Kiss

So sweet and both boys for that matter
Old 08-08-2014, 02:53 PM
Daycare.com Member

Dcg just took her first steps. She has been in my care since she was 6 weeks old. I text mom that it looks like her baby will be starting to walk this weekend. I never tell parents when I see the firsts so that they think they have seen for first time. They just think I'm so good at what I do that I can predict the future. Hahaha!!!!! Little white lie but worth it. She will make her mommy so happy tonight when she goes home and shows off her new steps!
Old 08-12-2014, 05:19 PM
Daycare.com Member

I got a really nice message. I had a really long & stressful day. Getting a message from that person made me smile.

Someone you least expect can brighten your day.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:52 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default THANK YOU.... BrooklynM

This lady asked for help the other day with a contract and I sent her mine; well I guess it was fate because my computer crashed and burned yesterday and apparently my back up didn't work in cloud, so I had to reach out to the one person that had the full copy of my contract so I could print it off for an interview in an hour. She sent it back just in time.

Miracles do happen... it's easy to find registration paperwork online, but my contract is very detailed and specific as Brooklyn can vouch for lol.

Thank you again
BTW, I now own an external hard drive and we will be trying to retrieve/save my files and pics this weekend of the broken Macbook pro
Old 08-14-2014, 08:32 PM

Went out to dinner with one of my child care families tonight. They have been at my house for six years. During the conversation, the mom casually mentioned that they gave up a deposit at another child care when I told them I had an opening I had no idea.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:41 AM
Daycare.com Member

Got an email inquiring about my Before & After School Care...
(please don't be spam, please don't be spam....)
Old 08-23-2014, 11:37 AM
Daycare.com Member

I have posted before about the massive stash of little people that I have that my dcks would never touch. I pretty much have EVERY major set, some duplicates of the busses, planes, minivans, and figures.

We are doing a jungle theme and I pulled out a few to put in a sensory bin. My newest dcg went crazy for them. Thursday night I pulled them out of storage, washed up a few sets and put them out. My 'new' crew LOVED them. YAY!!!!!!!! I KNEW I was holding on to them for a reason!
Old 08-25-2014, 06:40 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
I have posted before about the massive stash of little people that I have that my dcks would never touch. I pretty much have EVERY major set, some duplicates of the busses, planes, minivans, and figures.

We are doing a jungle theme and I pulled out a few to put in a sensory bin. My newest dcg went crazy for them. Thursday night I pulled them out of storage, washed up a few sets and put them out. My 'new' crew LOVED them. YAY!!!!!!!! I KNEW I was holding on to them for a reason!
Awesome!!! I always go back and forth when I see all the toys I have in basement storage - should I keep them? Toss them? etc. This reminds me why I keep them!
Old 08-25-2014, 06:43 AM
Daycare.com Member

A while back I switched from using paper towels in the bathroom to using washcloths. I have an plastic bin that holds all washcloths and a small covered rubbish bin I use as a hamper. It has worked wonderfully so far.

I only keep 6 or so cloths in the bin at a time. I can quickly look in the hamper after a child has used the bathroom and see if they are telling me the truth about washing their hands -and send them back in as necessry
Wasn't able to do that before with the paper towels.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:39 AM
Daycare.com Member and Bladesmith

Sometimes not being able to go back to sleep is a good thing. Got up and started a pot of apple butter to can tonight. It's 630 and the house smells amazing already.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:34 PM
Daycare.com Member

Feel good moment for me.

I've been interviewing to fill my last spot. Had a really nice family with a 2yo interview on Monday. They asked great questions and the kiddo seemed pretty sweet. They had two more dc's to visit before they made their decision. Future dcd just stopped by to pay enrollment fee and get my enrollment packet! He starts on Monday.

I was a little nervous because I am one of the highest around rate wise and I just changed my hours to a 5:00PM closing instead of 5:30. Lost out on a couple of potential kiddos because of the earlier closing. So glad I stuck it out and found a great family too!
Old 09-05-2014, 01:55 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Cancel Hold for Infant Spot

A parent just cancelled their hold on an infant spot. I was their No. 2 choice. Their first choice was a center a block away from DCM’s job.

I am sad. I was so looking forward to a newborn. I totally understand the mother making the choice.

It really put a smile on my face that DCM was honest in the beginning. She also didn’t ask for a refund of fees. Yes, it was a non-refundable holding fee. Even so, we’ve all dealt with parents who think the policy or contract doesn’t apply to them.

She thanked me for my time. She called right after receiving notification the CDC had a spot for her infant. I love a considerate parent.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidGrind View Post
A parent just cancelled their hold on an infant. I wan their No. 2 choice. Their first choice was a center a block away from DCMís job.

I am sad. I was so looking forward to a newborn. I totally understand the mother making the choice.

It really put a smile on my face that DCM was honest in the beginning. She also didnít ask for a refund of fees. Yes, it was a non-refundable holding fee. Even so, weíve all dealt with parents who think the policy or contract doesnít apply to them.

She thanked me for my time. She called right after receiving notification the CDC had a spot for her infant. I love a considerate parent.
That is a good story.

Sorry you didn't get the infant though.

Good thing about it is if things don't work out for them with this center, you know they will be calling you!
Old 09-05-2014, 02:10 PM
Daycare.com Member

Best. Day. Ever. I had three kids today - all unrelated. Usually three is a bad number but today it was a lucky one. They played fabulously well together all day. We were able to do our circle and story and art & craft and no one whined or argued. The few times I heard some tattle tale noise I just asked if someone was hurt or was getting hurt? And when they said no, I redirected them back to play. And no one argued with me or talked back, they went.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:34 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
That is a good story.

Sorry you didn't get the infant though.

Good thing about it is if things don't work out for them with this center, you know they will be calling you!
True.

Even so, some of you have been helping me with my baby addiction. I am starting to envision how my days would be easier with all mobile children.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:00 PM
Daycare.com Member

I only had one dcb today and our neighbourhood put on quite a show today for him! We walked to the end of our street and he saw the car repair shop around the corner. They had a car up on the hoist and there were all kinds of grinding and rattling noises...he was thrilled. The we looked around the corner the other way. A digger digging up someone's driveway! He danced a little dance where he stood. Then! Directly in front of us, they were draining a fire hydrant!!!
We walked toward the digger, stared, danced, waved at the workers, got past that and turned the next corner...someone was having lumber delivered. The truck was too big for the street so it was parked at the end of the street and the guy was driving the lumber down the street on a fork lift. My lil guy was beside himself! We walked down that street waving and saying hi to that guy every time he went by us. Then we watched the guy hook the forklift onto the back of the truck .
We turned the next corner, got all the way back to my street, and here comes mommy and daddy around the corner to pick up. They had one gleeful boy to take home!
Old 09-10-2014, 03:26 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna View Post
I only had one dcb today and our neighbourhood put on quite a show today for him! We walked to the end of our street and he saw the car repair shop around the corner. They had a car up on the hoist and there were all kinds of grinding and rattling noises...he was thrilled. The we looked around the corner the other way. A digger digging up someone's driveway! He danced a little dance where he stood. Then! Directly in front of us, they were draining a fire hydrant!!!
We walked toward the digger, stared, danced, waved at the workers, got past that and turned the next corner...someone was having lumber delivered. The truck was too big for the street so it was parked at the end of the street and the guy was driving the lumber down the street on a fork lift. My lil guy was beside himself! We walked down that street waving and saying hi to that guy every time he went by us. Then we watched the guy hook the forklift onto the back of the truck .
We turned the next corner, got all the way back to my street, and here comes mommy and daddy around the corner to pick up. They had one gleeful boy to take home!
I always love when that happens - our neighbors put on an addition last year, and the kids were just enthralled.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:31 AM
Daycare.com Member

Can I just say again how AWESOME my new group is? After two years of challenging kids, constantly having to be on top of them and doing mostly provider led activities to keep them from destroying my home, and each other, I am back to being able to ENJOY my day.
The kids have normal kid squabbles, but it's just so much more relaxed. More mellow kids, better listeners, etc.
I didn't realize what a cloud we had been under until it lifted
Old 09-12-2014, 06:24 AM
Daycare.com Member

My 11 month old peanut, who is the size of a 7 month old, just took two steps towards me! Her mom put her down and was holding her fingers and dcg let go and took two steps towards me!

And today is going to be an easy day compared to the what my week has been!
Old 09-18-2014, 05:47 AM

Kids go back to school today after the Carbon Monoxide leak at the school Monday. No one had any long term or serious effects & are ready to get back in the swing of things.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:18 PM
Daycare.com Member

1. When I got to work this morning, my class was clean.
2. 2 parents actually read the calendar.
3. My special/selfish parent finally understood that tomorrow's field trip will happen whether DCG is there or not and that if she's late, we will leave without her.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:03 PM
Daycare.com Member

2.2y.o boy drew his first "happy face" picture.
2.3y.o. boy as well as 3y.o. boy gave answers for all my questions about octopus and ostrich. The last week we were learning the letter O and at the same time speaking about these "O" animals.
Old 09-27-2014, 02:56 PM

25 good condition children's books and an entire set of NEVER BEEN USED hooked on phonics bought today for $7.50

Our library holds a book sale every year on the last Saturday of September and I made out like a bandit this year!

Next weekend is the book sale for the library in the next town over.

Now I just have to figure out where to put them. . .
Old 09-30-2014, 12:00 PM

I made semi-homemade clam chowder today for my own lunch, and double-spice pumpkin bread for the kids (and me!)
Yummy It's the best lunch I've had in months
And I'm saving up all the good feelings, because after today, all bets are off
Old 10-03-2014, 10:32 AM
Daycare.com Member

Licensing renewal visit today.
100% compliance, no "dings"
Old 10-07-2014, 11:32 AM
Daycare.com Member

I hired a housekeeper who can come Friday mornings!!!
Old 10-07-2014, 02:08 PM
Daycare.com Member

Yesterday morning, I had to get gas. When I pulled up to the pump and got out, a man on the pump across from me asked if I was getting gas. I told him yes and he told me to come and get the rest of the gas he paid for. He said he could only put $15 in his tank and that I can have the other $20. I couldn't believe it. I kept asking him if he was serious. He laughed and even pumped it for me. I thanked and hugged him. I good to see that there are still good people in the world.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:30 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
I hired a housekeeper who can come Friday mornings!!!
LUCKY DUCK! ENJOY!!

I had one who came Saturdays, but she started being late and it interfered with plans. Then I got a Friday girl, but she cleaned like my Dad (dust-don't move stuff, vacuum-no edging done, etc)
Old 10-07-2014, 06:57 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
LUCKY DUCK! ENJOY!!

I had one who came Saturdays, but she started being late and it interfered with plans. Then I got a Friday girl, but she cleaned like my Dad (dust-don't move stuff, vacuum-no edging done, etc)
I am really nervous about it. It's been a couple of years since I've had someone. They were okay, but not great. Of course they were a huge step up from the lady before who tried to extort money from me Fingers crossed this lady works out.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:10 PM
Daycare.com Member

It's Thursday, and the infant does NOT come on Fridays

I feel bad, he's a great baby, but I am NOT an infant provider. I love him to bits and he's well taken care of here, but TGIF!!!!

I had my assistant here this morning and while I didn't get everything done I wanted I did clean out my kids bedrooms and change their furniture around. Their rooms look so much nicer.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:33 PM

Wrapping up 3rd week with new 6month old. I wish all new starts could go this well. A really happy and engaged baby from day one.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:51 AM
Daycare.com Member

The "how to" videos on You Tube are the BEST. THING. EVER!
I was able to use them to install my tot locks, and today to fix my dishwasher.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:15 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveArmour View Post
Wrapping up 3rd week with new 6month old. I wish all new starts could go this well. A really happy and engaged baby from day one.
I used to love taking infants but since the generations have turned into co-sleeping/jump on every whimper/etc...my preference has changed
Old 10-17-2014, 10:37 AM
Daycare.com Member

We only had 5 today, 3 called off, so my sister and I were able to get a lot of cleaning/ organizing done. Doesn't sound like fun, but it needed to be done.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:03 PM
Daycare.com Member

My loud, sassy, non-napper dcg(who I really do love!) wasn't here today so everyone actually slept for an hour!! I didn't have to spend an hour saying shhh, be quiet, lay back down, no you've already been to the bathroom twice, shhhh.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:18 PM
Daycare.com Member

Today has been a day of laughter for me....I do not know any of you personally, but I feel some of the posts today have made me laugh and I needed that! Daycare is going fine, but it seems dealing with life's issues never ceases Thanks for the !
Old 10-24-2014, 06:25 PM
Daycare.com Member

Well itís Friday!

A client brought my daughter Georgetown Cupcakes to make her feel better about her injury.

I told my husband I liked the 2014 BMW 428i convertible. He said, ď When are we going to the dealership?Ē

Now I am not going to be a spoiled brat. But it was just wonderful that he is willing to spoil me.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:09 PM

I get the strangest gifts from my DCPs. I'm used to knifemaking related stuff: old files, deer horns, pieces of real wrought iron, leather..... Today was a new one. DCD brought a "thank you" gift for me: an hour's time at the local indoor shooting range and rental fee for a range pistol.

He was there over the weekend & noticed they had a new Vaquero (a modern copy of the old Colt Peacemaker) for rent & remembered I'm thinking about getting into Cowboy Action Shooting.
There has to be a Jeff Foxworthy joke in there somewhere.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:36 PM

My positive is really a "thank you" for everyone here who has voiced some support for me these past few months. I have had a series of relatively minor childcare issues, but when it's something new every week, it is really wearing. There are not many people that I can let it all out to, without some major explanations of how child care is - but here, almost everyone understands.
So thank you And Happy Halloween!
Old 10-31-2014, 02:01 PM
Daycare.com Member

A parent over paid me by $180. When I questioned it, she said, ďYouíre worth more than what any of us pay you. I donít want a credit. You keep it and buy something nice for yourself.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:53 AM
Daycare.com Member

My kids are all OUT. Almost a full 40 minutes before they typically fall asleep. I already do an early nap Monday/Fridays to give them much needed weekend rest, but with Halloween AND the time change this weekend, they're TIRED!

Bonus is how cute they are asleep.
Old 11-03-2014, 03:53 PM
Daycare.com Member

My DCM over paid me by $20 today. I questioned it and she said it was "my tip this week".....I thought that was pretty nice of her.

She is my only DCfamily, so that was a nice little bonus and much appreciated!
Old 11-06-2014, 03:43 PM
Daycare.com Member

I've been crabby with dh the past month. I realized it was because I wasn't giving myself some time out of this house. Really, I was here 24/7 unless I was running errands. So I plan time every week to exercise with a friend. Dh has really stepped up to the plate and helped make this happen.

Tonight I'm going to my weekly outing and he is taking care of everything from dinner to poopy diapers. Ds loves this because he doesn't normally get so much daddy time so he looks forward to this too.

And my daycare kiddos are overall a great bunch with minor normal toddler issues here and there...so much calmer than the crazy kids I had over the summer!
Old 11-18-2014, 11:30 AM

Parents of my youngest infant kept her home today because she has a little runny nose Baby girl is a sweetheart and likely would have been fine, but parents wanted to be sure she gets better and thought she would benefit from a quieter day
Old 11-18-2014, 12:12 PM
Daycare.com Member

Dcb, 2, pooped in the potty for the first time--yay! Afterwards, he asked me to tell my husband. Lol
Old 11-25-2014, 10:20 AM
Daycare.com Member

This is my FRIDAY!!!!!

And DH is more excited about making plans for my birthday than I am
Old 11-25-2014, 11:38 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
This is my FRIDAY!!!!!

And DH is more excited about making plans for my birthday than I am
YAY! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! That's so sweet of your dh!
Old 12-12-2014, 09:15 PM

I am so grateful for my two newest families. They are both so conscientious about setting their babies up for good sleep habits, and they both thank me almost every day Today I realized how lucky it is for me that I happened to have infant openings this year. Sometimes I don't have one for a couple of years. If they had called me last year, or next year, I wouldn't have these nice families here.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:05 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Feeling appreciated

A family gave me a really nice Christmas card and gift today. I was not expecting something, much less something so nice. Really sweet of them.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:56 AM
Daycare.com Member

Finally caved in and splurged on the LL Bean waterhog mats for my main entry.
I am so happy! The quality is much better than anything I've ever purchased at Lowes or Home Depot, etc. The best part is they actually WORK!! And look good doing it. Worth every penny!

I feel a bit old to be so excited over a door mat
Old 12-18-2014, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

Woohoo! Last day of the work week then winter break. Got our holiday potluck party on Saturday where I can sit and chat with my families (since I'm "off shift" and all parents know they are responsible to feed/watch/discipline/etc their own child at all times during the event). Happy Holidays everyone!
Old 12-22-2014, 12:01 PM
Daycare.com Member

Can I just say again how happy my new LL Bean waterhog door mats have made me?

Today the kids have been out several times. There is no water, snow, or dirt all over the floor. I didn't have to go in after them and mop anything up. When I walked through the hall I didn't have to change out of wet socks (I hate wet socks!)

So much awesomeness.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:50 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Can I just say again how happy my new LL Bean waterhog door mats have made me?

Today the kids have been out several times. There is no water, snow, or dirt all over the floor. I didn't have to go in after them and mop anything up. When I walked through the hall I didn't have to change out of wet socks (I hate wet socks!)

So much awesomeness.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:36 AM

So relieved the area schools pretty much all cancelled school today. I know school's important but it is too dang cold and the wind chill too dangerous to have kids out today. We were worried because we have a new superintendent who had been very vocal about schools closing too often for weather. Glad to see she listened to everyone else & closed our district also.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:05 PM
Daycare.com Member

I had 3 interested families call today! 1 sounds like a good fit, would start in 2 months (which would be perfect for me) and 1 is a pregnant mom who is a big maybe BUT now I have to expecting mom's considering me for this summer when one of my infants is moving. I am feeling excited and grateful. We took a big risk buying this house for the daycare space and it looks like it was a good investment after all!

Also, my licensing rep finally arranged to come visit for the last step of licensing. I have lots of families ready to start as soon as she gives me the thumbs up!
Old 01-15-2015, 11:26 AM
Daycare.com Member

I had a pajama day today for the kids because I didn't feel like wearing slacks. I am so comfy!
Old 01-16-2015, 09:39 AM
Daycare.com Member

It's 46 degrees out after being super cold for a few weeks. We have already spent a good chunk of today outside. I took a bubble machine out, and dcb2 ran around the whole time it was on "I gotchu I gotchu I gotchu!"

Tags
fun stuff, great news, happy, positive, tgif