Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 5 13 14 15 16 17  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Positive Thread - What Happened That was GOOD Today?
MsLisa 06:36 AM 09-15-2015
I brought in all my beads and string for the kids to make jewelry with and set it all out this morning. They all listened to their fav music, that they requested, that I burnt on a CD and started making things for their parents and friends. Occasionally breaking into a small dance party.
One of the sweetest 3rd grade girls made me this necklace and a bracelet too.
Attached: 12002030_10153230245782998_1696049327996326801_n.jpg (63.1 KB) 
Play Care 09:51 AM 09-18-2015
A few things are making me happy today:

I started allergy shots today after suffering for years during ragweed season.
Call me a dork, but I'm excited

I close at 4:00 on Fridays and my one DD was invited to a friends house after school. Thinking of taking the other DD for mani and pedis after work. Closing early means more time for me and my family
littletots 10:52 AM 09-22-2015
Past DCM sent "missing you" flowers. Wonderful dc family left for the Goddard school. Two yr old having hard time adjusting to much larger ratio. Family sent flowers. They know the spot has been filled. Wanted me to know my FCC program is missed.
Attached: 20150922_083221.jpg (72.9 KB) 
Controlled Chaos 12:24 PM 09-22-2015
Originally Posted by littletots:
Past DCM sent "missing you" flowers. Wonderful dc family left for the Goddard school. Two yr old having hard time adjusting to much larger ratio. Family sent flowers. They know the spot has been filled. Wanted me to know my FCC program is missed.
Oh, that's so sweet
Unregistered 12:39 PM 09-23-2015
What made me happy was getting rid of my cats litter of kittens because my other cat just had her first litter yesterday and there no way I have time for two litters of cats. Daycare kids were sad and now they dont understand why the cats are smaller now and cant play with them , although the cats arent really around them
midaycare 02:36 PM 09-28-2015
Yesterday was horrible because of a former, very brief dcp. But today one dcf decided they were going to give me a $3 a day raise. I'm so thrilled - not from the raise itself, but the meaning behind it.

I'm ready for another daycare week now.
Annalee 06:21 PM 10-06-2015
Only one more day! Packed and ready to get on the water tomorrow evening.. LONGGGGG WEEKEND for me!
Heidi 07:21 PM 10-06-2015
Originally Posted by Annalee:
Only one more day! Packed and ready to get on the water tomorrow evening.. LONGGGGG WEEKEND for me!

Heidi 07:22 PM 10-06-2015
Told all my families that I was closing my program today (effective Oct 22). The one mom I thought would have a meltdown did not. Thank you, DCM!
littletots 07:55 AM 10-07-2015
Originally Posted by Heidi:
Told all my families that I was closing my program today (effective Oct 22). The one mom I thought would have a meltdown did not. Thank you, DCM!
You will be missed
Annalee 09:01 AM 10-07-2015
Originally Posted by Heidi:
Best Wishes! I have a friend whom is a Family Partner at Head Start and she loves it...she had to get out of the classroom, though, because she hated it...had two other provider friends hate the classroom as well...???? I think you will enjoy the Family Partner job.
Play Care 12:52 PM 10-09-2015
Today was a very loooong day and I needed it over. I close at 4:00 on Fridays and all my kids were gone by 3:45.

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, AMEN!
Controlled Chaos 07:27 PM 10-09-2015
Some of you know my puppy passed away this week - well 1 dcp brought me cupcakes, another brought wine and a card, one texted very sincere condolences and another thanked me for being open this week knowing it was hard and said she didn't think she could do it, and the last one just sweetly told me she was sorry. They have all been so perfectly kind and sensitive.

Also (the same family that gave me a bottle of wine) gave me a new Ergo baby carrier! I had mentioned I was thinking about getting one (I use a moby and bjorn currently but am not thrilled with them) well I am starting watching their 4 month old next month (in addition to their 2yo I want now) and so she bought me an Ergo! I am so completely overwhelmed with their kindness and thoughtfulness. This hard week has such a rainbow shining over it
DaveA 01:46 PM 10-13-2015
My new license was in the mail today!!!! Finally- I've been operating off a permit since August.
Febby 07:16 PM 10-16-2015
I started in a new room this week because the staff that were in the room could not manage the children's behavior. There have been multiple staff changes in the room in an effort to find someone who could control them (since late July).

On Monday, they were horrible. They were climbing on furniture, jumping off furniture, destroying toys, attempting to clog toilets, randomly removing clothing, throwing toys, hitting, kicking, biting, screaming, etc. On top of the behavior, the room hadn't been cleaned properly in months.

Over the week, they have gotten SO MUCH BETTER! They're playing in centers, (mostly) cleaning up when it's time, they're sitting at circle time (without hitting/kicking/pinching their neighbor), they're lining up when it's time to go in/out, and I didn't get hit by a single child today! Plus, I have the cleaning almost caught up.
littletots 10:46 AM 10-19-2015
Had my quarterly unannounced military inspection last Thur. No write ups. Friday morning NAFCC observer arrives for unannounced 4hr observation which happens every 3 yrs. Smooth sailing. Now waiting for quartly unannounced USDA inspection.
Annalee 06:48 AM 11-10-2015
My crazy mom with two crying, whiny kids aren't here today and I am off for Veterans day tomorrow....I might get through this week afterall....
DaveA 06:14 AM 11-13-2015
Threw some birdseed out last night and this morning we got to watch a Mom & Dad Cardinal shepherd 5 juveniles as they ate the birdseed and hopped around for about 5-10. Considering Cardinals usually only have a brood of 3-4, seeing 5 young ones in the same bunch was cool..
daycarediva 08:59 AM 11-18-2015
Not dc related-

Yesterday the new Star Wars game came out. Dh woke up our children at midnight to go buy it, and then they stayed up all night playing it together. They all slept in, then dh took them out to breakfast, back home to play the video game with them, took them out to lunch, ice skating, then came home and made dinner.

Yup, they missed a day of school. Dh was so excited to take the day off and spend time with them. It will be a memory that will last a lifetime. Good dads, for the win.

I had a dcm comment on the kids being home when she dropped off (late- as she overslept, and is a SAHM) and I told her that my husband had taken the day off to spend with them all since he had been so busy lately. She just responded with "I can't even get (husband) to pick him up from daycare." -never realizing how it made her look.
Play Care 06:24 AM 11-20-2015
Last night was our town's lighted tractor parade. It sounds hokey but it's amazing. Some of the tractors (and floats) are so creative. I had a smile on my face the whole time
Controlled Chaos 06:41 AM 11-20-2015
Dcd just texted to say he is keeping dcb home today, just because. They are the best family. Always spending extra time with their son. Also awesome, because I have a sub for an hour during nap and I was worried about sub handling dcb on only his second day napping with the big kids.

Happy Friday
Blackcat31 06:55 AM 11-20-2015
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
Threw some birdseed out last night and this morning we got to watch a Mom & Dad Cardinal shepherd 5 juveniles as they ate the birdseed and hopped around for about 5-10. Considering Cardinals usually only have a brood of 3-4, seeing 5 young ones in the same bunch was cool..
That is SOOOOOO cool!!!

I am a HUGE bird watcher and feeding the birds in my yard! I keep track of what type of birds I see and when and what they are doing or what may have attracted them to my yard so that I can continue doing "that" and keep them here.

I'm in northern MN so we don't often have birds with lots of color but I do have a pair of Cardinals that have decided to make my yard their home for the last few years. I don't know why but they really aren't even suppose to be "normal" in my area so I am super thrilled/excited they are here though!

Seeing babies must be so cool! I have yet to see that with my Cardinals but maybe next year....

Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Not dc related-

Yesterday the new Star Wars game came out. Dh woke up our children at midnight to go buy it, and then they stayed up all night playing it together. They all slept in, then dh took them out to breakfast, back home to play the video game with them, took them out to lunch, ice skating, then came home and made dinner.

Yup, they missed a day of school. Dh was so excited to take the day off and spend time with them. It will be a memory that will last a lifetime. Good dads, for the win.

I had a dcm comment on the kids being home when she dropped off (late- as she overslept, and is a SAHM) and I told her that my husband had taken the day off to spend with them all since he had been so busy lately. She just responded with "I can't even get (husband) to pick him up from daycare." -never realizing how it made her look.
What an awesome day for your kids and what an awesome dad! My own dad used to do things like that with me and my brothers when we were little (we got to skip school to go special places with him) and we loved it! None of us failed school or were impacted negatively in any way by missing a day here and there and like you said those memories will stay A LOT longer than anything else so that is so fantastic that your kids and DH got to have such a great day together!!!

Originally Posted by Play Care:
Last night was our town's lighted tractor parade. It sounds hokey but it's amazing. Some of the tractors (and floats) are so creative. I had a smile on my face the whole time
I love parades!! We used to have a couple a year in my community but in the last several years, we're lucky if we have just one.

Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
Dcd just texted to say he is keeping dcb home today, just because. They are the best family. Always spending extra time with their son. Also awesome, because I have a sub for an hour during nap and I was worried about sub handling dcb on only his second day napping with the big kids.

Happy Friday
It's so nice to have families that are so respectful like that. Glad your Friday is going to go so well!! What a great kick off to the weekend!
Play Care 03:12 AM 11-23-2015
Two day work week!!!
Sunshine74 10:52 AM 11-23-2015
We had a few call offs today and one dcg who was leaving around lunch time, so it was a low day for us- only 8. They played so nicely all morning, and the day has just flown by today. 2 1/2 days to go, and I'm leaving a little early to pick my friend up from the airport on Wed!
Baby Beluga 12:51 PM 11-23-2015
One of my families gifted me a beautifully written thank you card and a Harry and David gift box for Thanksgiving. The pears were delicious but the card made my day
childcaremom 03:46 AM 11-25-2015
Dcb showed up for his first day this week this morning. Dcd mentioned that he had a fever Mon and Tues but by noon yesterday it was gone.

I have a 24 hour exclusion policy. They have already had one reminder. I sent home another copy of my policy.

BUT. I calmly clarified that indeed he did have a fever yesterday. Had some meds yesterday. Reminded them of my policy and told him that he can't be here today. Dcd tried to guilt me a bit but I remained firm and professional. Told dcb I hoped he felt better and if he didn't have a fever today without meds he could come back tomorrow.

So yay to me for having a backbone and remaining calm about the ordeal. Not too long ago this would not have been me.
Febby 02:16 PM 11-25-2015
My center closed early today and EVERY SINGLE PARENT REMEMBERED AND MANAGED TO PICK UP ON TIME! That never happens. Seriously. I was expecting to be there 30-45 minutes past close since I volunteered to stay late with any kids whose parents were late. I wouldn't have minded the extra money, but kids getting to actually be with their family is even better!
Annalee 06:58 AM 11-27-2015
All but one item done for Christmas.....black friday deals ordered online in my pajamas, now to get my two trees up with my sons.....decorated mom's house yesterday after Thanksgiving lunch so I am now in the Christmas spirit.........
Annalee 07:05 AM 11-30-2015
DEC 22.....WHERE ARE YOU? 17 days till closing time till next year....WITH PAY!
Play Care 10:54 AM 11-30-2015
I opened a jar of my jam and my assistant who cans said it looked good! Said she had some that was much firmer set than that

So I don't have to toss the whole batch and learned a lot when I have to make more this week (lots to give away)
Play Care 10:58 AM 11-30-2015
I did my first 5K and was thrilled! My official time was 36:25, but I had placed myself at the waaaaaaay back (out of the way of the serious runners) and had to come to a compete stop twice after crossing the start line due to the crowd.

It was amazing and I can't wait to sign up for another race.

I'm already trying to increase my speed and stamina. Yesterday I did a 3.2 mile run in 36:23, I'm getting there!
daycarediva 11:04 AM 11-30-2015
I did my first 5K and was thrilled! My official time was 36:25, but I had placed myself at the waaaaaaay back (out of the way of the serious runners) and had to come to a compete stop twice after crossing the start line due to the crowd.

I'm already trying to increase my speed and stamina. Yesterday I did a 3.2 mile run in 36:23, I'm getting there!
you go!!! When I was running more (before I discovered weights ) I found that increasing my 1 mile time helped to increase my overall time. Eg. just run 1 mile but as fast as I could 2x a week, and do the 5k once a week.

Now I just jog half mile or so before my workout to warm up. I don't even think I could run a 5k anymore.
Controlled Chaos 01:39 PM 11-30-2015

Congrats! I ran my 3rd 5k on thanksgiving but I am much slower
Sunshine74 11:12 AM 12-02-2015
My friend recently got certified in kid's yoga, so she came to our center to do a trial class with the older toddlers (my class) and the preschoolers. The kids loved if, and did really well- even our most challenging kids.

And for the cute moment of the day, part if what she did today was talk with the kids about what makes them happy. So we went around the room and everyone got a turn. When we got to one DCB, he got a big grin on his face and said, "Steffie!" (dcg he plays with all the time)
Blackcat31 06:37 AM 12-09-2015
My sister works at Sears. She called me yesterday and told me that the weekly flyer/ad had a mis-printed sale item in it and so far no one in corporate has noticed....

I found the flyer and the mis-print and took advantage of it.

Bunn coffee makers were normally $139.99 and were suppose to be on sale for $99.99 but instead the listed price was $29.99 so I bought the only 2 they had!!!!

If anyone has a Sears flyer from their Sunday papers and wants a Bunn coffee maker......it's a great deal!!!

I just sent my DD to the mall in her town to buy one this morning. She said the cashier didn't bat an eye and even said "WOW! What a great sale price!"
Controlled Chaos 11:13 PM 12-09-2015
I just got a huge delivery from lakeshore! I got my 3rd grant this year! I got magna tiles, a science center, math manipulates, a rug for the reading corner, cars, tool set, tons of art supplies, musical instruments...Santa came early!!! Getting those 35 quality indicators was worth is after all.

And dh is being a good sport about keeping all the boxes for the kids to play with outside
Annalee 04:35 AM 12-10-2015
I just got a huge delivery from lakeshore! I got my 3rd grant this year! I got magna tiles, a science center, math manipulates, a rug for the reading corner, cars, tool set, tons of art supplies, musical instruments...Santa came early!!! Getting those 35 quality indicators was worth is after all.

And dh is being a good sport about keeping all the boxes for the kids to play with outside
Cool! I have been searching for magnatiles....which ones did you get?
Rockgirl 05:06 AM 12-10-2015
Just a positive in general: I am starting to truly enjoy my daycare again. I've been missing this feeling for awhile now, but we are settling into a nice groove lately.
Controlled Chaos 08:23 AM 12-10-2015
Cool! I have been searching for magnatiles....which ones did you get?
I ordered all of it from lakeshore. I got the 100 piece set. I wouldn't get less than that. 2 kids can play happily with it now, 4 could play with that many of they were feeling cooperative
Annalee 08:43 AM 12-10-2015
I ordered all of it from lakeshore. I got the 100 piece set. I wouldn't get less than that. 2 kids can play happily with it now, 4 could play with that many of they were feeling cooperative
Thanks, I will check them out on lakeshore.
Play Care 09:35 AM 12-10-2015
I love my magnatiles! I want to get the bigger set at some point.
daycarediva 11:34 AM 12-10-2015
My new kids DO NOT play blocks. I borrowed magnatiles and even they were a bust. WEIRD!
Play Care 03:39 PM 12-10-2015
My new kids DO NOT play blocks. I borrowed magnatiles and even they were a bust. WEIRD!
I didn't buy them for years because I figured they would be an expensive dust collector. I actually got them through a grant from my local CCR&R Agency and am surprised how often they get played with.

But I always find it odd what one group will play with vs. another.
Febby 04:50 PM 12-10-2015
Met the replacement closer for my room today and was pleasantly surprised that it was someone I've worked with before. And she happens to be really good and reliable so I'm really excited! (On an semi-related note, the girl who was closing my room got fired for disregarding various policies, which was fine because she wasn't very good)

And I reaaaallllllly want some magna-tiles for my room. We get grants on a fairly regular basis plus we have a pretty decent budget, so we could. I'm just hesitant to because the staff who used to have the room (prior to August) apparently bought EVERY OTHER manipulative ever and I
m not sure I can justify storing and rotating yet another. I know my kids would love them though.
Annalee 08:49 AM 12-14-2015
Only 7 more days.....only 7 more days.....only 7 more days....
Controlled Chaos 12:45 PM 12-15-2015
Today a little one barfed all over my living room carpet and himself. I am posting this in the positive thread because it didn't ruin my day. dcm answered phone when I called, and drove straight over. She apologized (not her fault ) and we chatted for a minute, she thanked me and told me she already had dcd taking work off tomorrow to stay with their son and that she hopes to see me Thursday. She was so appreciative and respectful and the other kids have been great.
Blackcat31 01:02 PM 12-15-2015
Today a little one barfed all over my living room carpet and himself. I am posting this in the positive thread because it didn't ruin my day. dcm answered phone when I called, and drove straight over. She apologized (not her fault ) and we chatted for a minute, she thanked me and told me she already had dcd taking work off tomorrow to stay with their son and that she hopes to see me Thursday. She was so appreciative and respectful and the other kids have been great.
Yah!
Sunshine74 09:48 AM 12-18-2015
I've been having a terrible day, then I got a text from my friend that her 3 year old made her own lunch and wanted her to text me the picture and tell me she ate her spinach. It was exactly the pick me up I needed.
Annalee 10:01 AM 12-18-2015
Originally Posted by Sunshine74:
I've been having a terrible day, then I got a text from my friend that her 3 year old made her own lunch and wanted her to text me the picture and tell me she ate her spinach. It was exactly the pick me up I needed.
nothing better than a child to be a picker-upper!
daycarediva 11:27 AM 12-18-2015
IT'S FRIDAY!
Febby 05:18 PM 12-18-2015
All of my kids were gone by 5:30 today and my room was cleaned (and closed!) by 5:35. Helped the other 3 year old room close so that one was done at 6:00, then headed down and helped the 2 year old rooms get done. We were all out of there at 6:15. Usually, we're all there until at least 6:30.

And, yes, I could have left at 5:35 when I was finished, but I'd feel terrible leaving early when everyone else had to stay late.

And it's Friday!
Pepperth 04:00 AM 12-22-2015
This is my first year as a provider and I just received my first Christmas present from a daycare family. It is a gift basket with a bunch of Christmas candy and 2 energy drinks. I thought it was adorable that they gave the daycare provider energy drinks.
Play Care 03:44 AM 12-23-2015
Had a lovely pajama day yesterday with the kiddos. Now I'm closed today until the New Year!
finsup 10:05 AM 12-23-2015
100$ bonus from dcf and presents for each of my kids...plus the card saying how much of a blessing I am to their family <3 awesome way to start the morning!
Controlled Chaos 11:52 AM 12-23-2015
About half my dcfs gave me a Christmas present (which is lovely and I don't expect) and one of my favorites gave me $50 bonus for me and another $50 in gift cards to our family's favorite Indian restaurant! So thoughtful.
Febby 04:59 PM 12-23-2015
Almost all of my families gave Christmas presents to my room's teachers. I got lots of candy, cookies, and, most importantly, Starbucks gift cards! Also, some ornaments and mugs. Unfortunately I'm allergic to wheat and can't eat the cookies, but the rest of my household is loving them.

I do work tomorrow but we're closing EARLY!
mommiebookworm 09:16 AM 12-24-2015
My favorite DC family gave presents to each of my daughters and a present for me. And a little extra cash! My new DC family gave me cash and smoked salmon! And I get a 4 day weekend!
Controlled Chaos 08:55 AM 12-28-2015
Getting a bonus day off as my furnace died Sunday (it is 18 degrees right now). The contractors are putting in a new furnace now and we should have Heat soon. All daycare parents were super nice about having to close last minute and I will have a newer, safer heater soon. I just keep repeating "this is a good thing" over and over it is, it really is.
Miss A 11:52 AM 12-28-2015
Due to the winter storm we are currently being hit with in Iowa, I was lucky enough to get half of a day off, with all my kids going home early. This morning went so smoothly, with the baby back on her normal schedule after two weeks home with mom due to illness and holidays, and 2 of my regular kiddos on vacation with Grandma. My big DCG and I are enjoying her last week before preschool with quiet activities and learning songs. Can all week be as good as this morning, please Daycare Gods?
Annalee 09:11 AM 01-02-2016
Nothing better than watching college football, particularly SEC Football, in pajamas...yep, been in pajamas alot since Dec. 23....going back to work Monday!
Miss A 10:07 AM 01-04-2016
Day one of my usual problem DCK in preschool, and my day is going so smooth! Working on transitioning my 8 month old DCBaby to the older infant schedule, with one of her naps being the same time as my toddlers. She is adjusting so well, she even puts herself to sleep like the toddlers do. I know it can't be this good every day, but I am going to take today and enjoy it!
Play Care 06:43 AM 01-05-2016
I just got an email from my summer assistant saying she won't be back as her husband is retiring this year and they will be spending the summer together.

While we loved her, I simply don't have the numbers in the summer anymore to justify having her (when she first started I was doing SA summer care and had 10 kids almost every day) and I am so relieved this worked out without me having let her go.

My school year assistant has offered to cover any major appointments I might have, and honestly we work better together anyway.
ColorfulSunburst 04:47 AM 01-08-2016
I have had an inspection. No violations!!!
Jazzii 08:16 PM 01-09-2016
I'm new to the forum and have a few good things to share- more in like the last 2 weeks or so:

1. Passed inspection!
2. Finished Report Cards!
3. Got and put together a new shelf and teacher cabinet!
4. Got a raise!

AND my FAVORITE BY FAR is that we got 5 Parents to sign up for conferences!!! (Now if only the ones I'm most concerned about follow suit.)
MsLisa 08:41 AM 01-13-2016
1. I have an interview next Wednesday to be a Classroom Aide position at a really nice daycare. ~fingers crossed!~
2. Parents are pulling their kids from the Y's Aftercare program after hearing I left because they don't like that its "now ran by teenagers". HA!
3. Waking up at a normal hour, making coffee for the hubby and no longer having that stress-rush to get my daughter ready for school feels sooooo great now. Not being exhausted all the time or the weight of that place on me. It hurt at first (of course) but now I’m like Julie Andrews running through the fields singing. lol
Annalee 10:22 AM 01-15-2016
Today is Friday and I am off Monday...
Play Care 10:59 AM 01-15-2016
Today is Friday and I am off Monday...
Yay! Me too!
Cat Herder 11:31 AM 01-15-2016
My "low functioning" "may not potty train" DCK3 said "potty", *POINTED * down the hall as it was said, then actually peed in the toilet when taken!!!

Booyah grouchy old pediatrician..... booyah.
daycarediva 03:38 PM 01-15-2016
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
My "low functioning" "may not potty train" DCK3 said "potty", *POINTED * down the hall as it was said, then actually peed in the toilet when taken!!!

Booyah grouchy old pediatrician..... booyah.
Keep going! My now 14yo was diagnosed the same. He was potty trained earlier than some dck's I have had, and is in modified regular education classes now.
Cat Herder 10:03 AM 01-20-2016
Keep going! My now 14yo was diagnosed the same. He was potty trained earlier than some dck's I have had, and is in modified regular education classes now.
Thank you! That is awesome to hear.
Blackcat31 01:46 PM 01-22-2016
DH just called to tell me his $10 scratch lottery ticket just revealed a $1000!

YAH!!
Josiegirl 03:16 AM 01-23-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
DH just called to tell me his $10 scratch lottery ticket just revealed a $1000!

YAH!!
Congrats!! That's the kind of good news I want to be able to share!
Play Care 11:41 AM 01-29-2016
The school kids are here due to PD day at school.

We've had an absolute blast.
Josiegirl 02:25 AM 01-30-2016
The school kids are here due to PD day at school.

We've had an absolute blast.
That is so cool! What did you do with them?? Mine always end up bored or fight with each other. I may have some SA during winter and spring break so need some ideas on how to keep them happy and out of trouble.
Controlled Chaos 03:51 PM 02-02-2016
Parent I have a good relationship with sent me a complimentary email, asking for advice on sleep training.

My dd (26m) has had 2 full days accident free!!!!!
Play Care 10:57 AM 02-03-2016
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
That is so cool! What did you do with them?? Mine always end up bored or fight with each other. I may have some SA during winter and spring break so need some ideas on how to keep them happy and out of trouble.
Honestly it had nothing to do with me
It was warmish but snowing here, and because SA kids can be out without me, they got out 3 times (I got out once with the littles) My own kids were here and went out and played with them. They built a fort in the "woods" behind the house, I made them have hot cocoa when they came in (go to heck state regs!) we had homemade pizza for lunch (their favorite) I had borrowed some movies from the library so at the tail end of nap time (they had been outside while I got littles down) they had popcorn and a movie.
They are also my earlier pick ups (by 3:45) so that helps

By the time they started getting squirrelly it was time to leave.
Play Care 03:12 AM 02-05-2016
I've been having horrid tension headaches for weeks. I finally booked a massage appointment for today

My tax paperwork is DONE! Just have to print out w-10's with EIN for parents. (on a side note, I put a reminder in my phone to repeat monthly to do month end paperwork so I don't have this happen again I hope it works )

Yesterday I took a few minutes here and there to CLEAN my house. And it feels GOOD.

And....It's Friday!!
DaveA 08:53 AM 02-11-2016
So far the only complaint/ griping from my DCKs about the new room arrangement & toys I rotated in has been disagreeing on if minions go in the animal basket or people basket. Considering one DCK gripes about EVERY change, that's a huge win.
Miss A 03:42 PM 02-18-2016
The baby left early today, and we were able to get outside this afternoon! The snow is melting, a South Western wind is blowing 50 degree temperatures in throughout the afternoon and overnight tonight, and my mood was elevated just by being outside. Please spring, hurry fast!
DaveA 05:28 AM 02-22-2016
Not really a "positive" per se, but the school agers took the news of us having to get a new hamster over the weekend better than I thought. New one is still too freaked out over humans to let the DCKs get too close, but I'll work her into the normal spot over the next couple weeks so the DCKs and her are used to each other before I put her in her ball during playtimes.
Josiegirl 02:34 PM 02-22-2016
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
Not really a "positive" per se, but the school agers took the news of us having to get a new hamster over the weekend better than I thought. New one is still too freaked out over humans to let the DCKs get too close, but I'll work her into the normal spot over the next couple weeks so the DCKs and her are used to each other before I put her in her ball during playtimes.
You're very brave. I can only imagine what some of my dcks would do with that poor little hamster in a ball. A dcparent used to bring a bunny to visit sometimes and the kids would not leave that poor thing alone. We'd let it run around the house and there'd be 4 kids hopping right behind it or they'd be trying to feed it duplos through the cage.
Josiegirl 02:29 AM 02-24-2016
Almost 2 years ago I was scared to pieces of dentists, drills, even the smell or thought of going. So bad that I hadn't gone in about 25-30 years except when I HAD to go. My old dentist was a dinosaur as far as equipment, etc.
So he was getting ready to close up shop, my sister who was a dental hygienist for the retiring dentist had heard good things about this other newish dentist. So, because I had to go to someone(3 cracked teeth!)I scheduled the appointment.
Turns out they are sooooo great, so friendly, that I got my 3 cracked teeth taken care of and my 1 ginormous cavity(he thought a root canal might be needed but wasn't). Dentist visits are no longer a scary dreaded painful adventure, still costly yes. But I am so relieved to know I've got someone who doesn't make me feel like they've stuck the world's most enormous needle in my jaw all the way to my bellybutton.
I know for most people going to the dentist is no biggy but for me it was formidable. Now if it weren't for $$$$ I'd look forward to the break!
lovemydaycare0912 04:58 PM 02-24-2016
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Almost 2 years ago I was scared to pieces of dentists, drills, even the smell or thought of going. So bad that I hadn't gone in about 25-30 years except when I HAD to go. My old dentist was a dinosaur as far as equipment, etc.
So he was getting ready to close up shop, my sister who was a dental hygienist for the retiring dentist had heard good things about this other newish dentist. So, because I had to go to someone(3 cracked teeth!)I scheduled the appointment.
Turns out they are sooooo great, so friendly, that I got my 3 cracked teeth taken care of and my 1 ginormous cavity(he thought a root canal might be needed but wasn't). Dentist visits are no longer a scary dreaded painful adventure, still costly yes. But I am so relieved to know I've got someone who doesn't make me feel like they've stuck the world's most enormous needle in my jaw all the way to my bellybutton.
I know for most people going to the dentist is no biggy but for me it was formidable. Now if it weren't for $$$$ I'd look forward to the break!
I hate the dentist too and am always excited when I find a good one! I know how you feel!
Claraskids 11:11 AM 02-25-2016
Two new children started yesterday (yes on a Wednesday). Today, everyone is napping at the same time - except for the dcg 6months who napped during lunch prep! So hoping they will continue to make a smooth transition.
Also, they are such good eaters and amazing examples for my picky ones. Today all my picky eaters cleaned their plates for the first time ever
Miss A 10:03 AM 02-29-2016
I just made my last payment on my credit card. I am embarrassed to admit, I carried this debt for almost 3 years. How freeing it was to submit the final payment! My next financial goal is to pay off what remains on my student loan, which should be paid for by the end of the year, if not sooner. Debt free living, here I come!
lovemydaycare0912 05:00 AM 03-01-2016
Originally Posted by Miss A:
I just made my last payment on my credit card. I am embarrassed to admit, I carried this debt for almost 3 years. How freeing it was to submit the final payment! My next financial goal is to pay off what remains on my student loan, which should be paid for by the end of the year, if not sooner. Debt free living, here I come!
Congrats! Im workingin my credit card debt now.
Miss A 05:15 AM 03-01-2016
Originally Posted by lovemydaycare0912:
Congrats! Im workingin my credit card debt now.
Thank you, and good luck!
Controlled Chaos 12:19 PM 03-01-2016
I love my job. I have great families, they pay on time, say thank you and love their kids. The children are lovely, they drive me nuts sometimes but I really care about them and enjoy my days with them. I don't feel like I am living for the weekend and I don't dread Monday morning. I feel so peaceful being in a place where there is joy in all parts of my life. I am so very grateful.
Play Care 01:19 PM 03-01-2016
I love my job. I have great families, they pay on time, say thank you and love their kids. The children are lovely, they drive me nuts sometimes but I really care about them and enjoy my days with them. I don't feel like I am living for the weekend and I don't dread Monday morning. I feel so peaceful being in a place where there is joy in all parts of my life. I am so very grateful.
It's nice, isn't it?
Play Care 01:23 PM 03-01-2016
I went to court today for my speeding ticket.

I was convinced it was given in error and the DA agreed. I could have had the officer called in to answer but decided to plead to a lesser charge (no points) and have it done with.

I did have to pay a fine, but I used my Capital One Venture card that we are trying to rack up points on for our trip to Hawaii next year, so I'm looking at the positive here
Miss A 07:44 AM 03-02-2016
I have been taking a Unisom/ vitamin B6 combo for the past 2 nights, and for the past 2 days I have been morning sickness free! What a relief to feel like myself again! My kiddos have been great, we are celebrating Dr Seuss this week, and they are loving it. Thank goodness for great days!
Josiegirl 01:58 AM 03-03-2016
Tuesday a dcg stayed home due to not feeling well and having had a fever the night before. Yesterday dcm was going to keep her home too and would have to cancel her very important drs. appt. She'd been fever free since that initial spike. I asked how she was feeling and dcm said she seemed to be back to her normal self. I told her to bring her on in as a cold is going around anyways and the fever was gone 24 hrs. plus. Just the fact she was planning on keeping her home showed me what a great thoughtful person she is(Course I knew that anyways ). So she texts me back and says OMG I LOVE YOU Haha.
So yesterday went from a day I possibly could have had off(snow day) to one where I ended up with 4 dcks. But it went wonderful and I never once grumbled about not getting the day off.
Baby Beluga 06:14 AM 03-04-2016
Our theme this week was Dr. Seuss and we are ending our week with a movie and PJ day. We're watching Horton Hears a Who. TV time is super rare here and the kids are SO excited. Happy Friday!
childcaremom 04:39 AM 03-07-2016
It has been really slow here for finding new clients. Lots of providers with openings and lots of new providers opening up.

I had 3 prospective parents contact me and have interviews lined up. I had one yesterday and it went fantastic. I don't think that I will take them (I am trying to reduce my hours) but they were great and it went well so it gives me hope that I will be able to fill AND replace the one I want to.

Play Care 01:20 PM 03-09-2016
We hit 80 degrees today.

In upstate NY. In March.

Sunshine74 08:17 PM 03-09-2016
We hit 80 degrees today.

In upstate NY. In March.

WOW! I think we hit a record 73 or 75 today.
lovemydaycare0912 04:49 PM 03-11-2016
Back to fully enrolled as of today. Thank God!

Also, thankful of mom who kept dcb home an extra day when he was sick even though his fever was gone. Love moms like that!
childcaremom 06:36 AM 03-15-2016
I have filled all my spaces (empty since the Fall) AND am replacing the 2 dcks I want to.

Am feeling so relieved and happy right now
lovemydaycare0912 09:28 AM 03-15-2016
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
I have filled all my spaces (empty since the Fall) AND am replacing the 2 dcks I want to.

Am feeling so relieved and happy right now
Congrats. That is a great feeling!
Play Care 09:46 AM 03-17-2016
After a so-so interview this week, I got another bite for my future openings. I would love to have them filled ASAP so I can relax. Fingers crossed!
Tags:fun stuff, great news, happy, positive, tgif
First ... 5 13 14 15 16 17  ... Last
Reply Up