Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Any New Chicken Ideas?
Josiegirl 05:09 AM 09-24-2017
We eat a lot of chicken. But we seem to have 4-5 go-to recipes and need something different. They're not very big on saucy stuff, which limits options.

If anyone has some yummy recipes, can you please share?
THANKS!!
Leigh 12:36 PM 09-24-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
We eat a lot of chicken. But we seem to have 4-5 go-to recipes and need something different. They're not very big on saucy stuff, which limits options.

If anyone has some yummy recipes, can you please share?
THANKS!!
1. Rub chicken breasts with olive oil and season how you prefer (salt, pepper, garlic). Sprinkle chicken with parmesan cheese. Put on a cookie sheet and add potatoes, sliced bell peppers, sliced onions around the chicken. Add California Blend veggies (I love Bird's Eye's). Brush veggies with olive oil and season with salt and a bit of garlic powder. Bake at 400 til done, then add parmesan to the California Blend and bake a little more.

2. Parmesan chicken bites (my daycare kids love these-lots of recipes on the net for this one).

3. Chicken thighs-throw them on a half sheet baking sheet and use Paula Deen's sauce for BBQ Meatloaf (I make a double batch of the sauce). Bake til done, pour on the sauce, then broil til it starts to caramelize. My husband hates thighs, but he loves them like this. I hate BBQ sauce, but I love this one.

4. Chicken Roll-ups. Flour tortilla, black beans, cheese, sour cream, lettuce, and shredded chicken.

5. Chicken tacos, enchiladas, fajitas.

6. Teriyaki chicken kabobs with bell peppers and onion on the grill.

7. Sweet and Sour chicken over chow mein or asian noodles

8. Chicken Cordon Bleu

9. Chicken Tater Tot hot dish

10. Chicken Fettucine
Michael 10:50 PM 09-24-2017
Here's a lot more: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=chicken
Josiegirl 02:02 AM 09-25-2017
Thanks!! I'll have to check them out. Normally I cook for 3 dcks at lunch time and they tend to like things pretty basic. But lots of new ideas here; I should be able to find something they'll eat!
mommyneedsadayoff 07:06 AM 09-25-2017
My new favorite recipe is Parmesan Crusted chicken. Not sure what your kids will think, but mine love it! Take chicken breast and marinade in italian dressing, any kind.
Grill chicken or cook on the stove top. I use a cast iron, because it is gonna go under the broiler so it is easier to not have to change pans. Once cooked through, top with ranch dressing (homeade or store bought) and a nice portion of parmesan cheese and provolone cheese. Then sprinkle the top with panko crumbs that are mixed with a little butter and garlic seasoning. Broil or bake for a few minutes till cheese melts and the panko turns golden. Serve with rice, mash potatoes, pasta.
daycare 07:41 AM 09-25-2017
your title made me really have to think...

not too sure what I was thinking this was going to be about@! lol
Josiegirl 02:37 AM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by daycare:
your title made me really have to think...

not too sure what I was thinking this was going to be about@! lol
Dave and his chickens? That was my 1st thought when I went back to check what I'd posted.

That Parmesan chicken sounds good too. I started looking up recipes for Parmesan chicken bites, found myself on Pinterest for 45 minutes. How does that happen??
Blackcat31 06:37 AM 09-26-2017
I know you said your kids don't necessarily like saucy stuff (and you can make this less saucy too) but my kiddos love chicken divan. When my own kiddos were young and still at home it was a favorite!! Re-heats great too!

There are a ton of different recipe's out there for chicken divan but this one is my favorite: ( we use fresh broccoli in place of frozen when possible)

Ingredients
2 (10 oz) packages frozen broccoli, chopped
6 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
2 (10 3/4 oz) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons butter, melted
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Preparation
Preheat oven to 350°F.

Remove the outer wrappers from the boxes of broccoli. Open one end of each box. Microwave on full power for 2 minutes, until thawed. Drain the broccoli and put into a 11X7 casserole dish that has been prepared with a non stick cooking spray. Top with shredded chicken.

In a medium bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, cheddar cheese, lemon juice, curry powder, salt and pepper to taste, and wine. Whisk together to make a sauce. Pour the sauce over the broccoli and chicken. Mix well with a spatula.

Pat down evenly and smooth with a spatula. In a small mixing bowl, stir together the Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and butter and sprinkle over the top.

Bake for about 30-45 minutes.

Cook's Note: Try topping with cheddar or gruyere cheese.

Josiegirl 02:23 PM 09-26-2017
That sounds good too BC. I'm thinking the wine can be left out?
Blackcat31 03:56 PM 09-26-2017

I think the alcohol burns off...

I don't know for sure; I don't cook.

But I do watch a lot of Food Network!
MyAngels 07:45 PM 09-27-2017
I made these for my kids this week. I used chicken instead of turkey though. I was surprised, they really liked it. I have some very picky eaters right now.

https://www.superhealthykids.com/tin...eatball-bowls/
Josiegirl 02:57 AM 09-28-2017
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
I made these for my kids this week. I used chicken instead of turkey though. I was surprised, they really liked it. I have some very picky eaters right now.

https://www.superhealthykids.com/tin...eatball-bowls/
That looks really good; might be something I could try for our Autumn potluck dinner too!
Thanks for sharing everybody!
LittleExplorers 06:49 AM 10-04-2018

I cook a ton with wine, but you can sub broth, juice, water instead depending on the recipe and flavors.
LittleExplorers 06:52 AM 10-04-2018
Chicken tatziki pitas, smoked chicken, chicken soup, pot pit, chicken pizza chicken lasagna are just a few we like here.

Take ingredients you know they like, add pasta. We do this with leftovers and I make a quick sauce, but you could probably do without a sauce.
Blackcat31 07:11 AM 10-04-2018
Originally Posted by nightingale:
My kids loved my buttered chicken. Very simple to cook just add butter to the coating when frying, add a honey mustard dip and it will be a perfect combination.
Doesn't the food program prohibit fried foods now?

I don't know, I don't fry anyways but just mentioning it in case you are part of the food program.
storybookending 07:45 AM 10-04-2018
I don’t know about daycare kids by my favorite recipe is thawed chicken breasts in a pan, coat the top in ranch dressing and place bacon slices over the top. Cook on 400 for 35ish minutes. Take out and cover with shredded cheese and place in oven an additional 5 minutes! So tasty!
Leigh 12:15 PM 10-04-2018
Mix up cubed or shredded chicken with a can of cream of onion soup, a can of cream of celery soup, a bag of mixed vegetables, and 2 cups of cheddar cheese. Stir in garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Bake in a 13 x 9 or larger baking pan (I use 14 x 10.5) and bake til done (30-40 minutes). My kids HATE casseroles, but they all ate this one and liked it.
Tags:chicken
Reply Up