Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Favorite Daycare Crock Pot Recipes
SunflowerMama 06:30 AM 11-08-2010
I think it would be fun to share our favorite daycare crock pot recipes...especially with the weather getting colder.

Right now I have chicken and dumplings cooking and the kids LOVE it! I plan to do chili later in the week.

Chicken and Dumplings
4-5 chicken breasts
2 cans cream of chicken or 1 cream of chicken and 1 cream of mushroom
I add a little milk too to make sure the chicken is completely covered
mixed veggies

5-6 hrs on high

30mins before it finishes throw on some refrigerated homestyle biscuit dough torn up or cut into fourths. Serve with a fruit and you're good to go .

Soooo yummy!!
SilverSabre25 07:22 AM 11-08-2010
MMM, sounds yummy! I never thought to do stuff for lunch in the crock-pot.
melskids 07:37 AM 11-08-2010
when i first read the thread, i was going to say the chicken and dumplings too!!! lol its our favorite!!!

i also do boneless chicken w/ cut up pepper strips and onions, and a big can of tomatos. serve it over rice.

pork and cream of mushroom soup too

pork loin and BBQ sauce, comes out like pulled pork

ive done a meatloaf in the crockpot that came out yummy too.

i do my meatsauce in the morning, and let it simmer on warm

all kinds of homemade soups...

i just love my crockpot. i throw everything in, in the a.m. and its ready by lunch!!!!
Luna 07:52 AM 11-08-2010
I love the crockpot too, in fact I just bought a new larger one yesterday I will be watching this thread to see what recipes you ladies have! I usually just stick a roast in there with whatever vegetables I have on hand, some seasoning, and let 'er cook.
SunflowerMama 08:28 AM 11-08-2010
Originally Posted by melskids:
when i first read the thread, i was going to say the chicken and dumplings too!!! lol its our favorite!!!

i also do boneless chicken w/ cut up pepper strips and onions, and a big can of tomatos. serve it over rice.

pork and cream of mushroom soup too

pork loin and BBQ sauce, comes out like pulled pork

ive done a meatloaf in the crockpot that came out yummy too.

i do my meatsauce in the morning, and let it simmer on warm

all kinds of homemade soups...

i just love my crockpot. i throw everything in, in the a.m. and its ready by lunch!!!!
Yummy ideas!! I love the chicken with peppers and onions on rice. Sounds so good and I have a few that LOVE peppers.
SandeeAR 09:09 AM 11-08-2010
Use Chicken breast or tenderloins, cover with a bottle of Honey Mustard Dressing or Italian Dressing or Catalina Dressing. Makes Great Chicken.
Luna 09:39 AM 11-08-2010
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:
Use Chicken breast or tenderloins, cover with a bottle of Honey Mustard Dressing or Italian Dressing or Catalina Dressing. Makes Great Chicken.
This is my kind of recipe...simple, and it sounds delish!
SandeeAR 09:51 AM 11-08-2010
Originally Posted by Luna:
This is my kind of recipe...simple, and it sounds delish!
You can use any of the "marinades" that are sold too. I use bbq sauce or a1 sauce on pork chops too. You can do the thin sliced chops with a bottle in just about 2-3 hours on high, depending on how many you put in there.
countrymom 09:54 AM 11-08-2010
I make soup alot.
laundrymom 10:26 AM 11-08-2010
I have 6 crock pots, lol one for each item of food for a holiday dinner and a new take and go one that clamps its lid on tight for travel (and yes, they work, dh was moving the truck after unhitching the camper, the thing tipped, laid on its side full of taco soup and didnt spill. !!)

I use them on holiday mornings, I peel potatoes, cut up, cover with water, salt, then pop in fridge night before, also google a baked oatmeal recipe,.. do it the night before,.. cook all night long and you have a good hearty breakfast to munch on thanksgiving morning.
when I get up the next morning I turn on the crock pot and get the potatoes to going, by dinner time they are ready, drained, mashed, and returned to crock pot to keep warm. I do green bean caserole in one too,.. and mac and cheese. and usually we have french onion soup, or potato soup, or something like that for our vegetarian guests. I love the bag inserts that make clean up HEAVEN!!!

for daycare I make taco soup, ham and beans, green beans tator and sausage, and stew or soup, spaghetti sauce, cheese sauce for mac and cheese, chicken and rice, chicken and dumplings, chicken and noodles, cube steak and taters, I even have ac rock pot that the base is a fry daddy and I make b and gravy, soup, anything that needs to boil, pasta type, etc... in it that would fill a normal vessel.
AmandasFCC 11:24 AM 11-08-2010
I do a lot of stews, chilli, and chicken recipes. My absolute favourites are traditional beef stew and chicken in a wine sauce. Yum!
Lianne 11:33 AM 11-08-2010
Mix together an envelope of oinion soup mix, a cup of white wine or chicken stock and a can of cranberries. Place a pork tenderloin in the crockpot and season with salt and pepper then pour mixture over top. Cook on low for 5 hoours or until cooked through. Serve with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables.
Luna 11:50 AM 11-08-2010
I keep looking for a "like" button, or an "applause" button...can't wait to try some of these.
nannyde 12:15 PM 11-08-2010
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I have 6 crock pots, lol one for each item of food for a holiday dinner and a new take and go one that clamps its lid on tight for travel (and yes, they work, dh was moving the truck after unhitching the camper, the thing tipped, laid on its side full of taco soup and didnt spill. !!)

I use them on holiday mornings, I peel potatoes, cut up, cover with water, salt, then pop in fridge night before, also google a baked oatmeal recipe,.. do it the night before,.. cook all night long and you have a good hearty breakfast to munch on thanksgiving morning.
when I get up the next morning I turn on the crock pot and get the potatoes to going, by dinner time they are ready, drained, mashed, and returned to crock pot to keep warm. I do green bean caserole in one too,.. and mac and cheese. and usually we have french onion soup, or potato soup, or something like that for our vegetarian guests. I love the bag inserts that make clean up HEAVEN!!!

for daycare I make taco soup, ham and beans, green beans tator and sausage, and stew or soup, spaghetti sauce, cheese sauce for mac and cheese, chicken and rice, chicken and dumplings, chicken and noodles, cube steak and taters, I even have ac rock pot that the base is a fry daddy and I make b and gravy, soup, anything that needs to boil, pasta type, etc... in it that would fill a normal vessel.
I so want to eat at your house.
missnikki 12:27 PM 11-08-2010
Meatballs (Italian or Swedish), split pea soup, cheeseburger casserole, french dip sandwiches, BBQ ribs...

I am hungry. Thanks a lot!
missnikki 12:28 PM 11-08-2010
And here's a link to one of my favorite recipe sites for slow cookers:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Main-D...ooker/Top.aspx

yummy.
broncomom1973 12:35 PM 11-08-2010
Crock pots are great! I just wish I had more counter space, so I would be able to leave it out all of the time and then I would be more likely to use it. Last week I put quartered potatoes and 6 carrots each cut in 3-4 pieces and then placed 2 lbs cut up round steak 2x2" pieces on top of veggies and then mixed 2 cans cream of mushroom mixed with dry onion soup mix and a little water and poured over the top of the meat and cooked on low overnight. The kids ate it so well, there wasnt any left for me, lol.

I also use my crock pot for beef and noodles. I put a roast in there with some beef broth and cook it slowly until it is very tender. Then I boil some grandma noodles in beef broth. Once the noodles are done cooking, I tear up the roast into small pieces and add it to the noodles and then skim the fat off of the remaining broth in the crock pot and add it to whatever broth is left in the pot the noodles cooked in. I dont cook my noodles with too much broth initially because I dont like my beef and noodles too runny. I prefer the "sauce" to be thicker.
Blackcat31 12:51 PM 11-08-2010
A favorite of my kids' is cheesy chicken wild rice casserole. I think it is actually soup but it is so thick and creamy so I never view it as soup. It is chicken breast, wild rice, carrots, potatoes, onions, celery, and lots of cheese! Yum! My kids love wild rice!
melskids 01:23 PM 11-08-2010
Originally Posted by missnikki:
Meatballs (Italian or Swedish), split pea soup, cheeseburger casserole, french dip sandwiches, BBQ ribs...

I am hungry. Thanks a lot!
cheeseburger casserole sounds yummy!! can i have the recipe?
MG&Lsmom 01:33 PM 11-08-2010
These are fantastic! I've never used my crock pot for lunch, just dinner. It's nice to get it all going as we wait for the bus in the AM. And it's done by the time the bus gets back in the PM. Then I can concentrate on homework and playing with my own kids instead of cooking when everyone leaves.

I love doing whole roaster chickens in the crockpot. Just rinse and season, put in the crockpot without water. On low for 8 hours and it's literally falling apart when done. It does take some work sometimes if it really falls apart, but I just use my strainer.

Pork loin smothered in bbq sauce to make pulled pork.
CKSher 01:43 PM 11-08-2010
I put in boneless pork chops then cover with a box of Stove Top stuffing, a can of cream of mushroom soup and a a chopped up onion. We also make meatballs and soup. I am definately going to try some of these out, they all sound good!
missnikki 01:59 PM 11-08-2010
Originally Posted by melskids:
cheeseburger casserole sounds yummy!! can i have the recipe?
CrockPot Cheeseburger Casserole
1 lb ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 dash pepper
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1 egg
tomato juice (to moisten)
4 1/2 cups mashed potatoes (leftover mashed potatoes work well)
9 slices American cheese

Combine beef, onions, salt, pepper, breadcrumbs, egg, and tomato juice. Place 1/3 of mixture in slow cooker.

Spread with one 1/3 of mashed potatoes and 3 slices cheese.

Repeat 2 times.

Cover. Cook on low 3 hours.

This is close to the way I do it. I kind of 'wing it' and this sounds as close as I can find in a recipe.
SimpleMom 04:52 PM 11-08-2010
I made a Taco Hotdish last week that the kids LOVED. It was soooo simple. Just make your Taco meat the night before, add the meat, rice and water heat on high for 4-5 hours. I couldn't believe how much they like it
melskids 02:36 AM 11-09-2010
Originally Posted by missnikki:
crockpot cheeseburger casserole
1 lb ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 dash pepper
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1 egg
tomato juice (to moisten)
4 1/2 cups mashed potatoes (leftover mashed potatoes work well)
9 slices american cheese

combine beef, onions, salt, pepper, breadcrumbs, egg, and tomato juice. Place 1/3 of mixture in slow cooker.

Spread with one 1/3 of mashed potatoes and 3 slices cheese.

Repeat 2 times.

Cover. Cook on low 3 hours.

This is close to the way i do it. I kind of 'wing it' and this sounds as close as i can find in a recipe.
thank you!!!!
AfterSchoolMom 04:51 AM 11-09-2010
My child's favorite meatballs:

1Bag of frozen turkey meatballs (or you can make them up yourself)
1 bottle of chili sauce
1 small jar of grape jelly (we use sugar free)

Put in the crockpot and simmer. Serve over rice. Sounds weird, tastes delicious!!
sahm1225 05:05 AM 11-09-2010
[for daycare I make taco soup, ham and beans, green beans tator and sausage, and stew or soup, spaghetti sauce, cheese sauce for mac and cheese, chicken and rice, chicken and dumplings, chicken and noodles, cube steak and taters, I even have ac rock pot that the base is a fry daddy and I make b and gravy, soup, anything that needs to boil, pasta type, etc... in it that would fill a normal vessel.[/quote]

Can you post your taco soup, ham and beans, green beanst tator and sausgae.... actually can you post all of your receipes?? I really really want that taco soup one. I LOVE my crockpot and use it alot to make dinners, but it never even crossed my mind to do it for daycare lunches. I am in heaven at the thought of all the meals I can make
laundrymom 10:41 AM 11-09-2010
I have no recipies...lol. I just cook by feel.

you can google taco soup,.. theres alot of recipies. You can actually have it from pantry to table in 15 minutes,... if you use canned ingredients, but I prefer to use fresh or dried.

taco soup I soak black beans, (I LOVE BLACK BEANS) overnight in crock pot on low,.. just enough heat to cook them but not overcook them(you can always buy canned of course that are just a dump and heat kind of thing),.. rinse, get them going with a big can of red gold tomato sauce (its made locally). I get it on as soon as I get up in the morning even before coffee. By 5-530 at least. turn it on high, get it boiling, add ground beef, (or turkey, browned with 1/2 an onion. ) a can or two of crushed or diced tomatoes (again we use red gold but its local so we buy it when we can) a package of frozen corn, and a big squirt of ranch dressing,... I add taco seasoning to taste and cook it until Im ready to eat. as long as the beans are done,.. you are good. I serve with scoops but if you are feeling adventurous you could make tortillas.

Ham and beans I thaw one of the ham bones from a holiday meal, soak beans overnight, drain, add water and the ham bone, cook all morning on high until beans are done. salt and pepper tot aste

green bean sausage and taters,.. one of our favs. I peeo and quarter potatoes, add some beef broth, onion powder, salt and pepper,... cook until they are just beginning to get that change in color from doneness,.. add chopped up smoked sausage, and a couple cans of cut green beans (we actually do this in a large one, use about 5 pounds of potatoes, 3 packages smoked sausage, and a large sams club can of green beans. Cook until its hot and steamy. In the summer I add fresh green beans and then broth, then potatoes on top, cook for 3 hours on high, add sausage and stir. Serve when sausage is warm and veg is cooked through.

spaghetti sauce I make in the summer/fall. I just crush tomatoes from the garden, with my hand, lol. messy but the best kitchen tools on earth. add some fresh basil, garlic, oregano and a touch of thyme. cook for hours,... add some tomato sauce or juice if you need extra juice or flavor. I usually use 7 - 10 tomatoes for a pot of sauce.

cube steak and tators, get the pot on high, when its hot put a tiny bit of olive oil in it, like 1/2 tsp. then brown your meat. you can lay down two pieces, turn them, then put one on top the other, add a fresh one, turn it, put the others on top of it, then on the other side, add a fresh one, turn it, add the others to it, and repeat until you have them all brownned. Then dump 2 cans of golden cream of mushroom soup in, each rinsed with a can of water,... cook all day,.. about 2 hours from eating, peel and cube (1/2 inch to 1 inch pieces, potatoes,...) however many you will eat,.. I usually do 5-6. lid them and let them steam on top of the gravy and meat,... when they are done the meat should be falling apart and you can serve with noodles, rice, or whatever your family likes.
SunflowerMama 10:49 AM 11-09-2010
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I have no recipies...lol. I just cook by feel.

you can google taco soup,.. theres alot of recipies. You can actually have it from pantry to table in 15 minutes,... if you use canned ingredients, but I prefer to use fresh or dried.

taco soup I soak black beans, (I LOVE BLACK BEANS) overnight in crock pot on low,.. just enough heat to cook them but not overcook them(you can always buy canned of course that are just a dump and heat kind of thing),.. rinse, get them going with a big can of red gold tomato sauce (its made locally). I get it on as soon as I get up in the morning even before coffee. By 5-530 at least. turn it on high, get it boiling, add ground beef, (or turkey, browned with 1/2 an onion. ) a can or two of crushed or diced tomatoes (again we use red gold but its local so we buy it when we can) a package of frozen corn, and a big squirt of ranch dressing,... I add taco seasoning to taste and cook it until Im ready to eat. as long as the beans are done,.. you are good. I serve with scoops but if you are feeling adventurous you could make tortillas.
I am making this tomorrow for the kids (and me). I LOVE tacos and this sounds so good and so easy!!
Tags:crock pot, crocks, recipe
Reply Up