Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Online Training Do You Recommend?
WoodOx 01:07 PM 08-21-2013
I need to get my STARS hours done. I want to do them online. I don't like sitting in a cold room for a few hours at a time.

What websites do you gals recommend for trainings?
Thank you in advance
Familycare71 01:11 PM 08-21-2013
This last year I found sights through my states website. They offered some free ones and also listed approved ones that I had to pay for. It was great!!
WoodOx 01:24 PM 08-21-2013
Thanks, I had not thought of that.
jenn 01:31 PM 08-21-2013
I took 2 online classes last year. carecourse.com
Shell 05:12 PM 08-21-2013
Originally Posted by jenn:
I took 2 online classes last year. carecourse.com
This is a great resource. You can take the classes online, or have them mailed to the house. Then, you can take the quiz either online, or mail in. They have a great selection, and the courses are very informative.
Childminder 07:47 PM 08-21-2013
Contact your local Resource & Referral, they probably offer online classes as well as your state licensing website.
itlw8 06:17 AM 08-22-2013
I did Care courses to renew my CDA I did the one where you get a book and then take the test online. Loved the class and learned ALOT and I still have the book

This week I did one through ChildcareLounge.... much cheaper, interesting but not has much information as the Care courses but it was a 4 hour class and the other was many more. I will do them both again.

I find online classes I can get subjects I have not done before I am bored in classes with new providers and ten to start picking apart the presenter.
Childminder 01:26 PM 08-22-2013
Our food program offers online training courses, check yours if you are a member and they are free.

If in MI:

Originally Posted by :
Michigan Providers

If you have not taken advantage of the 1 clock hour of training for reading the DHS Child Care Matters, you should. To take the 3 tests (1 each for 3 issues) it took me a total of 11 minutes and got credit for 1 hour. If you don't have past issues, you can print them off and then email Colleen Nelson at DHS for your access codes. You and all your assistants can take it. There are 10 questions and all the answers are in stories in the issues. A lot of them were common sense.

MsLaura529 04:15 AM 08-23-2013
Originally Posted by Childminder:
Our food program offers online training courses, check yours if you are a member and they are free.

If in MI:
Thank you! I forgot all about this!

I also had someone recommend carecourse to me, as well.
Brooksie 04:21 AM 08-23-2013
Carecourse.com I've gotten most of my hours through them. I'm working on an 8 hour special needs course right now and that knocks off half of my hours for this term. I do it during nap time.
Tags:courses, stars program
Reply Up