Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Do You Store DC Craft Materials?
Crazy8 11:39 AM 02-11-2016
Not the everyday paper/paint/glue type stuff but maybe the more holiday related stuff, the bigger stuff like canvases, extras of paints, large paper or posterboard or really anything that you just don't have in the playroom?? Am I the only one who has a lot of this stuff??

I am trying to cut down and am konmari'ing my house but there is some stuff as a dc provider I just need to keep and need a good way to store it so it doesn't take up an entire messy closet!

Would love to see how everyone stores all this type of stuff!
e.j. 03:08 PM 02-11-2016
I store extra/holiday supplies in labeled plastic crates in attic space above my day care room. The crates look something like this: http://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-12-Ga...1512/202520515
Josiegirl 02:43 AM 02-12-2016
I need ideas too. Actually Pinterest has tons of ideas if you do different searches. And I have a whole bunch saved on my boards. That's the easy part.
I have my out of season stuff in tubs too but they're kind of stashed wherever there is room so I have to hunt them down. And that would explain why I ended up with 200 plastic Easter eggs.
Cat Herder 07:51 AM 02-12-2016
Each DCK has their own individualized craft box with their name/photo for free access.

Big kids know that if they let little kids access their big kid supplies they will be downgraded to little kid supplies

Big kid boxes are harder to open and stored on a higher shelf as well.

My supplies are in locked storage cabinets, I am the key keeper.
Cat Herder 08:00 AM 02-12-2016
Oh, seasonal stuff, with enough materials for the entire group to complete one planned project (not just one or two pieces), goes in labeled bankers boxes in the attic for next year. I start my planning with those boxes each year.

The rest is donated to the local sunday school teacher.
Reply Up