Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Feel A Little Silly
Zoe 01:15 PM 10-19-2011
I just got a call from an expecting mom whom I interviewed with 2 weeks ago. She wants to start care on the first of the year full time and is stopping by on Friday to hand me the deposit check!!!!! I'm very happy about this obviously as my interviews lately have all resulted in no calls back.

So when I'm about to end the call, I'm apparently a little too giddy and say "happy to have you aboard!" Oh man.... I feel dumb. When I get nervous I ramble and say weird things. But oh well I got one!
daycare 01:17 PM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by Zoe:
I just got a call from an expecting mom whom I interviewed with 2 weeks ago. She wants to start care on the first of the year full time and is stopping by on Friday to hand me the deposit check!!!!! I'm very happy about this obviously as my interviews lately have all resulted in no calls back.

So when I'm about to end the call, I'm apparently a little too giddy and say "happy to have you aboard!" Oh man.... I feel dumb. When I get nervous I ramble and say weird things. But oh well I got one!
Awe don't beat yourself up that was very kind of you to say.
I say cheesy stuff all the time too.
Zoe 01:26 PM 10-19-2011
I know but still... See, THIS is why I really could never get passed the teaching interviews! 8 people at a huge table staring at me! I would always get so flustered that I would say such odd things, or stutter, or whatever. Another reason why I like daycare!!!
misspollywog 01:34 PM 10-19-2011

Don't sweat it, we all say goofy things (well, I do!) sometimes. Like once I told a Microsoft tech support guy "bye, love you so much!" instead of "bye, thank you so much!".

I'm sure Habib lol'd at me.
Zoe 01:36 PM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by misspollywog:

Don't sweat it, we all say goofy things (well, I do!) sometimes. Like once I told a Microsoft tech support guy "bye, love you so much!" instead of "bye, thank you so much!".

Wow. Thank you for THAT!
jen 07:09 PM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by Zoe:

I don't think that there is anything wrong with that statement! I wouldn't worry about it...I'd much rather have a provider who was happy (and showed it) to have my child than someone who seems not to care!
dave4him 07:29 PM 10-19-2011
better than ending your call with 'love ya, bye'
melskids 02:45 AM 10-20-2011
i'm so used to being polite to people out in public, one time my waiter said "Happy Birthday!!!!" (when he found out it was my bday) that i said right back without hesitation... "thanks! happy birthday to you too!"

Doh!
mismatchedsocks 05:21 AM 10-20-2011
I once told a potential family after leaving the interview. "bye, see you tomorrow." Just so used to saying it to kids when they leave.

Or saying see ya tomorrow on a Friday.

Yours sounds fine, im sure they didnt even notice!
2ndFamilyDC 11:49 AM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by misspollywog:

Oh this is so funny. Thanks for the chuckle.
Tags:new client, positive, spot filled
Reply Up