Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Drop In/Secure Their Spot
Nikki@9822 06:45 AM 08-13-2019
Good Morning not sure who will be able to help me but i have a in homedaycare my question is this i have three of my normal regular paying kids about oto go to prek but they may still need my services because they will not be full time until after Labor Day.They also will be needing me for 1/2 days and teacher workdays my dilemma is do i charge them to secure there spot when that time comes and do i charege them a weekly of 25$ that way they won't have to worry about finding someone else to watch there child. I truly need an answer on what to do
Blackcat31 08:26 AM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by Nikki@9822:
Good Morning not sure who will be able to help me but i have a in homedaycare my question is this i have three of my normal regular paying kids about oto go to prek but they may still need my services because they will not be full time until after Labor Day.They also will be needing me for 1/2 days and teacher workdays my dilemma is do i charge them to secure there spot when that time comes and do i charege them a weekly of 25$ that way they won't have to worry about finding someone else to watch there child. I truly need an answer on what to do
I charge PER space and since those kids that go to Pre-K leave an odd or 1/2 day vacancy that can't be filled around their schedules and because they will still need full days on no preschool days, I charge PER space.

I don't care if they use the space or not...I can't make a living waiting around for kids to use 1/2 days here and there.

The parents choose to put their child in pre-K so the parent needs to figure out the situation.

I have X number of spaces and each is charged at $XX rate. I do not charge families based on time used.

Hope that helps
Cat Herder 01:25 PM 08-13-2019
I answered on the other thread but transferred it here for simplification.

I charge full tuition from the very first Monday a slot becomes available (payment due on Mondays, in advance of the week), it is not based on attendance, but the slot. I don't save spots, it does not benefit my family.

If you choose to offer drop-in services while waiting on a slot to fill I suggest you let them know upfront that it is not guaranteed space. They will have to check the day before to assure a slot will be available and payment is only accepted upfront in cash.

Teachers are paid for the full year, just over a shorter period of time if that is how their system works. You should never go without pay, they don't. They can budget the same as us.
AmyKidsCo 01:37 PM 08-13-2019
IMO a drop in space is just that - if there's an opening the child can drop in. If they want a guaranteed space they need to pay for it, otherwise you're giving up potential income.
springv 05:57 PM 08-13-2019
We charge a separate price for children based on age. We had 2 children start pre k at our local school so their price went from a rate of 105 per week for full time to $60 for part time care because they are now considered school age
Tags:drop in care, holding a spot, teacher contract
Reply Up