Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 04-02-2020, 07:23 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
You should be a detective. You have an inquisitive mind. Don’t get me going on how expensive everything is here. They tax “everything”. Gas is still $3-$4 a gallon.
That's another sad thing. Gas is so cheap here....but we have no place to go!
Old 04-09-2020, 01:52 PM
Daycare.com Member

I regularly visit this thread to observe the time-line and the changing viewpoints related to the virus.

I was scared in February, closed in March.
Old 04-09-2020, 02:30 PM

I do too.
  • I am still open.
  • I am still using the exact same universal precautions and cleaning routines.
  • I am still doing my morning quick health checks.
  • I did minimize wooden toys to make cleaning easier, but I always do that during cold, flu and pollen season.
  • My exclusion policy was edited to exclude anyone participating in large groups during the shelter in place order, taking their kids to stores or otherwise taking unnecessary exposure risks.
  • We are on shelter in place until May 1st, now.
Old 04-09-2020, 04:04 PM

Our whole city is shut down until June now. No word on schools yet but I am sure it will follow soon.
Old 04-09-2020, 04:05 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidsncats View Post
I regularly visit this thread to observe the time-line and the changing viewpoints related to the virus.

I was scared in February, closed in March.
It is a great way to see how we had to manage with ever changing information that was available. I have been writing more on FB regarding what I believe needs to be done to get back to normal. Here is one post I wrote a week ago:

Here’s my take on the current COVID-19 situation. Self-Isolation has a short shelf-life. Almost everyone on the planet has had influenza, likewise, everyone will contract this virus over time. At some point humanity attains Herd Immunity. Some of us may already have had this virus and are immune to it. We need to test America for COVID-19 and those that are shown to be immune, need to get back into their normal rhythm of life.

1. Mass testing to identify the infected and the immune
2. Management of the virus with drugs
3. Develop a vaccine
4. Get back to normal life

This is what I envision the government doing to expedite an exit strategy from our current immobilization. The first phase would be mass testing to identify those who are infected with COVID-19. Then approving an array of drugs like hydroxychloraquine and azithromycin to manage the virus which would reduce the number of those needing ICU hospitalization and ventilation from pneumonia. Next-mass testing to determine who is immune. Those deemed healthy would be allowed to go back to work and be released from quarantine restrictions. Lastly, the approval of a vaccine to further immunize the rest of the population and end this national emergency.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:13 AM

Quote:
It is a great way to see how we had to manage with ever changing information that was available. I have been writing more on FB regarding what I believe needs to be done to get back to normal. Here is one post I wrote a week ago:

Here’s my take on the current COVID-19 situation. Self-Isolation has a short shelf-life. Almost everyone on the planet has had influenza, likewise, everyone will contract this virus over time. At some point humanity attains Herd Immunity. Some of us may already have had this virus and are immune to it. We need to test America for COVID-19 and those that are shown to be immune, need to get back into their normal rhythm of life.

3. Develop a vaccine

This is what I envision the government doing to expedite an exit strategy from our current immobilization. The first phase would be mass testing to identify those who are infected with COVID-19. Then approving an array of drugs like hydroxychloraquine and azithromycin to manage the virus which would reduce the number of those needing ICU hospitalization and ventilation from pneumonia. Next-mass testing to determine who is immune. Those deemed healthy would be allowed to go back to work and be released from quarantine restrictions. Lastly, the approval of a vaccine to further immunize the rest of the population and end this national emergency.
This is pretty much what I've been thinking all along. We can't just shut down huge parts of our economy forever. We need to focus more on testing and isolating those that have the virus and let everyone else get back into the business of life.

I am imagining that when they lift all the restrictions we're going to have another big jump in infections because those people who are "carriers" with no signs of the virus are going to be out mixing again with those who are vulnerable to it, and boom, we're right back where we started.

I hope they've got all the really smart people working day and night on a vaccine, treatment and testing.
Old 04-10-2020, 08:22 AM

Some doctors are finding success with hydroxychloriquine and zinc, but honestly I think it needs to be given to people before their symptoms become severe.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7.co...quine/6079864/

My friend in New Jersey had Covid 19 and was in the hospital for 2 weeks. He is now home and doing physical therapy because he lost 20% muscle. He gets exhausted brushing his teeth but is healthy considering his ordeal.
A friend of a friend who is in their 50s is in the hospital and not doing good. They were given this med combo 2 days ago. Waiting to see if it works.
Old 04-10-2020, 12:02 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAngels View Post
I hope they've got all the really smart people working day and night on a vaccine, treatment and testing.
It took around 5 years to develop a vaccine for polio and mumps. 18 months would be extremely fast but we can manage the damage of this virus with drugs until then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomBoss View Post
Some doctors are finding success with hydroxychloriquine and zinc, but honestly I think it needs to be given to people before their symptoms become severe.
I agree. They should also have all front-line health care workers on it for short periods, while on the job. This particular drug can be hard on the retina if taken for a year or more. It appears to keep the viral load down. Take a look at all the countries that take it while battling malaria. Their infectious numbers have stayed low. That includes Africa, some counties in Indonesia and Central America. Obviously not everyone takes the drug there but many do.

There are other drugs being tested that show promise. No reason why we can’t continue to wear face masks and sanitize while living life more out in the open and working as normal. I would not be opposed to taking a flight if everyone was required to wear an n95 face mask. Like having to keep your seatbelt on the whole flight.

I know this disease currently is dangerous but so is living. Do so at your own risk. Live wholly and build up your immune system. Herd immunity is a real thing that will eventually happen with COVID-19. We’ll get through this. Hopefully the lasting damage won’t be psychological.

Last edited by Michael; 04-10-2020 at 09:59 PM.
Old 04-10-2020, 03:22 PM

Quote:
It took around 5 years to develop a vaccine for polio and mumps. 18 months would be extremely fast but we can manage the damage of this virus with drugs until then.

I agree. They should also have all front-line health care workers on it for short periods, while on the job. This particular drug can be hard on the retina if taken for a year or more. It appears to keep the viral load down. Take a look at all the countries that take it while battling malaria. Their infectious numbers have stayed low. That includes Africa, some counties in Indonesia and Central America. Obviously not everyone takes the drug there but many do.

There are other drugs being tested that show promise. No reason why we can’t continue to wear face masks and sanitize while living life more out in the open and working as normal. I would not be opposed to taking a flight if everyone was required to wear an n95 face mask. Like having to keep your seatbelt on the whole flight.

I know this disease currently is dangerous but so is living. Do so at your own risk. Live wholly and build up your immune system. Herd immunity is a real thing that will eventually happen with COVID-19. We’ll get through this. Hopefully the lasting damage won’t be psychological.
Couldnt agree more!!

Last edited by Michael; 04-10-2020 at 09:58 PM.
Old 04-11-2020, 09:45 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:

3. Develop a vaccine

Antibody tests, millions of them. We need to get back to life.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:07 AM
Daycare.com Member

My husband is an at-risk individual. Over 65, asthma, diabetes, hypertension, rapid pulse with AFIB and now I think he's come down with shingles. I closed down for him; his pulse and blood pressure were sky-rocketing because of the stress.

Last night I looked over at him and said, "Wouldn't it be ironic if you were one of the people that had a natural immunity to this virus?"

It does happen. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tags
bats, cdc, coronavirus, covid-19, infrared, medical terminology, mers-cov, mrsa, pandemic, pandemic - contract, sars-cov-2, world health organization, zoonosis