Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>If You Have An Assistant What Is Their Hourly Rate?
SunflowerMama 10:54 AM 02-18-2012
For those with an assistant what is your hourly rate for them? How many hours a week do you have them?

I'm looking to add some assistants just for the summer months. I was thinking of 2 schedules...one person 8:30a - 12:30p M - F and then one 12:30p - 4:30p M - F. This would allow me to add 2 infant due in late Spring while staying within ratio.
Childminder 06:11 PM 02-18-2012
I start them at minimum wage.
nannyde 06:22 PM 02-18-2012
I have paid between minimum wage and 12 dollars an hour depending upon how many years they have been trained by me. The hours are between 30 and 40 depending on census.
MommyofThree 06:58 PM 02-18-2012
is 350 to much/little . she will be here mon-fri 8-4
Michelle 07:10 PM 02-18-2012
My assistant gets a cell phone, ipods,good food,clothes,a house,a car,and lots of kisses. ..oh, and I am married to him ...so that's the best payment, right?

MissK 10:33 AM 02-20-2012
Originally Posted by melissathayer28:
is 350 to much/little . she will be here mon-fri 8-4
If I'm doing my math right (it is Monday after all...) That equates to about 8.75 an hour. I definitely don't think this sounds like too little - what is minimum wage in your neck of the woods?
Countrygal 12:23 PM 02-20-2012
Can I be someone's assistant??? Most of them are making more than me with three kids!!!
pfund2233 12:39 PM 02-20-2012
Originally Posted by Countrygal:
Can I be someone's assistant??? Most of them are making more than me with three kids!!!
I agree!! And I can have my house back and I'll come to someone elses!!
Blackcat31 12:46 PM 02-20-2012
Originally Posted by Countrygal:
Originally Posted by pfund2233:
Ya know there is some really good money in that thought......we have several providers in our area that closed up shop (for a variety of reasons) and are now daycare assistants/substitutes for all the other daycares in town. I knw one gal personally and she works as a part-time assistant at 3 different daycares for a total of 35 hours per week and makes more money than I do!

If you did it right, it would be the best of both worlds.....being a provider (caring for kids) and not giving up your home or dealing with all the business parts of this profession that suck! LOL!!
frugalmama4 12:52 PM 02-20-2012
Originally Posted by pfund2233:
Count me in too!

I'm thinking about having my little cousin (16 1/2) stay the summer and just take care of purchasing her school clothes/supplies and sending her home w/pocket $$$.

I won't be able to leave her along with the kids, but I have all little ones so theirs no need any-who.
DCMom 01:05 PM 02-20-2012
My dd is my assistant; she has been 'trained' by me since she was born, lol!

She has worked for me since she didn't count in my numbers and she is 19 now. When I officially put her on the payroll at 16, she was at minimum wage at the time, something like 6.55/hr. Then it when up to 7.25/hr which I paid her all through high school. She got a raise to $10/hr when she graduated high school and I let my adult assistant go.

So all in all, she is the 4th 'adult' assistant I have had in the last 5 years and worth her weight in gold
wdmmom 02:20 PM 02-20-2012
As little as minimum wage to as high as $10 an hour.

Everyone starts out at minimum wage unless they bring a ton of experience (DOCUMENTABLE) and credentials to the table.
Tags:assistant rates, hourly rates
Reply Up