Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Handbook Question
melissa ann 04:11 PM 10-18-2009
I am updating my handbook. I want to put in a registration fee that will be due at signing. The fee will be used towards first week's payment. The reason for this is because I've been burned by more than 1 family where they changed their mind and failed to inform me. How can I go about saying this politely? Thanks!
Chickenhauler 05:35 PM 10-18-2009
Originally Posted by melissa ann:
I am updating my handbook. I want to put in a registration fee that will be due at signing. The fee will be used towards first week's payment. The reason for this is because I've been burned by more than 1 family where they changed their mind and failed to inform me. How can I go about saying this politely? Thanks!
Call it a non-refundable deposit due upon signing of the contract that is credited towards their first week's bill.

No signed contract, no spot held.

There is nothing impolite about requiring that your customers act like they do in any other contractural business setting.
tymaboy 05:11 AM 10-19-2009
I hold mine till the end. That way if they decide to just up & quite coming one day you have it to cover any money that is owed to you at that time as well.
Unregistered 08:05 AM 10-19-2009
Here's my policy. I ask for 2 weeks tuition to hold a spot which is applied to the first and last week of child care.

ENROLLMENT POLICY

There are many forms that I must have completed and in my possession before I can assume the responsibility of caring for your child. You are required to keep me informed of any change in job, addresses, telephone numbers, additional childhood immunizations, or other pertinent information as it arises. Before your child is admitted into child care, a security deposit equal to two weeks of child care must be paid. Your deposit will be credited towards your first and last week of care provided your account is in good standing. In the event your child does not start care by the agreed upon date, your position will be forfeited and your deposit to hold the position will become non-refundable. I will hold a future spot for your child with a deposit and signed contract for no longer than two-weeks. Beyond that, full child care tuition is due.

Seashell
melissa ann 02:37 PM 10-19-2009
Thanks. I think I will switch it to last week's tuition, too.
Unregistered 05:36 PM 10-20-2009
I require a 2 week non-refundable deposit that is credited toward the last 2 weeks of care. Parent or provider must give two weeks notice of intent to terminate. No notice, then they forfeit the deposit. If they give proper notice, then they don't pay for the last 2 weeks of care because the deposit covers it. The first two weeks of care is also considered a a "trial" or "adjustment" period where parent or provider can terminate without notice.
Tags:fee, handbook, registration, tuition
Reply Up