Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Late Pick-up Fees
yodaone 07:16 PM 10-04-2015
How do you charge late pick-up fees? Do you require the fee on the spot, cash? Or do you add it to the following weeks tuition? Or some other completely different way? I'm looking for some guidance for how to word it in my contract. TIA
Stephnrich 09:01 PM 10-04-2015
My contract states $1 per minute for late pickups, due the next day.
Second Home 07:03 AM 10-05-2015
Mine is $5 per fifteen minute incremints or any portion thereof .

I have that it must be in cash the next day at drop off , though I have had parents give me the $$ at pick up by their own choice.
Blackcat31 07:03 AM 10-05-2015
Originally Posted by heatherann:
How do you charge late pick-up fees? Do you require the fee on the spot, cash? Or do you add it to the following weeks tuition? Or some other completely different way? I'm looking for some guidance for how to word it in my contract. TIA
Fees for late pick up are due BEFORE any additional services are provided.

If they want to pay them at pick up, they certainly can but most often they are paid (in cash) at drop off the following day.

The wording in my contract says:

All accounts must be current and up to date (including any late fees) before services will be provided.
Leigh 07:20 AM 10-05-2015
You have to do what works for YOU. I have late fees due at the time of pickup in cash only. I WANT the parents to be inconvenienced by stopping at the ATM. They are inconveniencing me, and I think it's only fair that they have a little inconvenience themselves-it cuts down on late pickups. That extra 10-15 minutes they spend going to the ATM is also another 10-15 dollars that they end up paying. I don't usually have anything pressing immediately after daycare outside my home, but my family is ready for kids to leave and get on with family time. This wouldn't work for everyone, you have to figure out what works for you.
Ariana 01:00 PM 10-05-2015
I take a deposit which is used for the last two weeks of care. My late fees are due at the next payment because I get paid after service has been given. If they do not pay me the late fee at the next payment due, they are terminated and they forfeit their deposit.
daycare 02:20 PM 10-05-2015
mine is like BC.

They are due before I will provide any additional services.

I also enforce the NO pay NO stay policies if they are not paid when due.

I don't really ever have a problem with this after I changed my late fees.
yodaone 03:30 PM 10-05-2015
Perfect! Thanks so much ladies.
Reply Up