Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rock and Play Sleeper?
Breezy 08:26 PM 06-19-2012
Considering buying one for my new DCG to use next to me so she can be off the floor safe from the toddlers. It is nice and portable so I can have her with me at all times as I don't like to let the really ity bitties out of my sight.

Im on my phone so I can't add a link but Google: Rock and Play Sleeper. They have them at Target and have GREAT reviews
SilverSabre25 08:46 PM 06-19-2012
Here's a link for ya

Rock and Play Sleeper
SilverSabre25 08:48 PM 06-19-2012
It does say that it meets industry standards for bassinets. If you're allowed bassinets, I'd think this would be allowed. But as always, check with your licensor!

(For myself, where we have no licensing to worry about usually, I might look into one of those for my next babe. It looks neat!)
Breezy 09:08 PM 06-19-2012
Legally unlicensed here too. I obviously won't lay her in it all day long but I think it would be nice for when I am making lunch, etc. So I'm not too worried about flat head.
Lilbutterflie 06:28 AM 06-20-2012
My only experience with it was with a baby who started with me at 8 weeks old who slept in it at home, all through the night! That was the only thing she slept in at home until about 6 months old! I did not have one here and she had MAJOR sleep issues with me trying to sleep flat in a PNP. Once I thought we finally had her on a schedule and sleeping decent naps, she made a HUGE backwards leap and started having sleep issues again. I tried EVERYTHING, and this baby just would not sleep more than 30-45 minutes with me. And then she was super cranky b/c she was beyond overtired. Not saying that the R&P was the cause of her sleep issues, but I do think it was a contributing factor b/c that's all she slept in for such a long time.
cheerfuldom 06:34 AM 06-20-2012
its always nice to have an option for baby. My provided friend really liked the motion gliders but this one looks nice too. I always used vibrating bouncers.
AfterSchoolMom 06:36 AM 06-20-2012
I think those are really neat - I'm getting one for our own new little one!
Breezy 06:38 AM 06-20-2012
I use the bouncer too sometimes but I want something kind of off the ground. I found one on craigslist only used a handful of times for $35!
HaveaHoot 07:01 AM 06-20-2012
I used that for my son along with a pnp so he wouldn't get used to just sleeping on an incline. I also napped my infant dcb in it until he was 6 months because I could sit it right next to me. He transitioned without a problem to the pnp. I loved it!
SilverSabre25 07:14 AM 06-20-2012
I like bouncy seats but they're so close to the ground, larger children can climb up and bother the baby. This is higher up, which I think would be very nice in a mixed age setting.
Unregistered 07:25 AM 06-25-2012
I had this for my son and ADORED it. It's the best baby thing I bought for him. I've read some concerns re: flat heads, but honestly, as long as you don't leave them in it all the time I think they should be fine. My son slept in it for months and his head is nice and round. :-) Also, I think the newer models are a bit more padded.
christinaskids 11:51 PM 06-25-2012
I literally just got home from buying one for my three day old son, im so glad you guys loved them!
youretooloud 07:27 AM 06-26-2012
I bought one last summer. It's the BEST piece of infant equipment I have. I love it.

The baby I got it for slept in it because he has feeding issues, and it was the only way that he could keep the food down, but he needed to sleep too.

He was comfortable, and I felt like he was very safe. He stayed in it for about 6 1/2 months til his feeding improved. The other baby grew very quickly and was done with it by 5 months.

It's not that hot either which is a big plus.
Breezy 08:29 AM 06-26-2012
So far I love mine! Love that it keeps her off the floor when I can't be right there!
Tags:rock and play sleeper, sleep - aids
Reply Up