Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>New, Lurked, Now Questions
pinkbunny85 04:31 PM 01-10-2011
Hi everyone. I have been lurking for weeks on here and I figured it's time I actually join in. A little bit about me. I'm 27 and in school for Early Childhood Education. When I complete that I would love to open a small daycare center.

Right now I'm looking for a job (mainly in child care, kinda in a daycare setting). However, the only reason I'm looking for that is because in my state it says that with an associate's degree I need 3 years experience in child care. This is my question. I was (and still watch occasionally) a nanny for 2.5 years. Would this count towards my child care experience? or do I actually have to work in a daycare/homecare setting?

TIA

PB
momatheart 04:46 PM 01-10-2011
Hi, I too lurked around here before joining. I woudl think that your nanny expierece would count as toward child care experience. I know my state mentions that I needed X amt of hours in a licensed daycare or center.
pinkbunny85 04:53 PM 01-10-2011
Thank You! That's what I was thinking. I haven't read anything about how many hours I need in a daycare environment. I'll have to look into it.

My main thing is I would love to be able to finish school and just open up. The little girl that I used to nanny for is now in daycare/preschool. and I'm friends with a couple of the women there. So I do know a lot about the centers in my area.
Michael 04:54 PM 01-10-2011
Welcome the the forum. Thanks for joining.
Tags:new member
Reply Up