Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Newly Opened - With Pics!
MyKzooFamily 05:57 AM 01-11-2013
I LOVE looking at pics of other daycares or playrooms, so I thought I would share my own. I'm hoping to get some more artwork from the kids on the walls within the next month.

HOLY COW.... How do I make these smaller??

coolconfidentme 06:02 AM 01-11-2013
sa'weeeet!!!
Heidi 06:02 AM 01-11-2013
Very cute!

We are trying to sell our house, and probably will be building this spring. I am already scouting for ideas for my dc room, which will be the whole exposed basement.
LaLa1923 06:12 AM 01-11-2013
Very nice!!! Where did you get that cute little kitchen and the white shelving unit?? Very cute!!
melilley 06:12 AM 01-11-2013
Congratulations! I love your space! The table and chairs are so cute! There is a decor group on here that you can join and post your pics too. I see you are from GR, my husband grew up there, well in Wyoming, but we live in Delta Township/Lansing area now. Welcome to this forum, it is great!
nanglgrl 06:15 AM 01-11-2013
Very cute, bright and organized!
MyKzooFamily 06:16 AM 01-11-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
Very nice!!! Where did you get that cute little kitchen and the white shelving unit?? Very cute!!
The kitchen is a Melissa & Doug kitchen. I got it on sale for $64 shipped. It beat trying to make my own, which was a nightmare without all the right tools!

The white shelving unit is at Walmart, Meijer, Target, places like that. It's only $14 for the small ones, and $29 or $39 for the big 6-spot one. And the baskets were at the Dollar Tree.
MyKzooFamily 06:18 AM 01-11-2013
Originally Posted by melilley:
Congratulations! I love your space! The table and chairs are so cute! There is a decor group on here that you can join and post your pics too. I see you are from GR, my husband grew up there, well in Wyoming, but we live in Delta Township/Lansing area now. Welcome to this forum, it is great!
Do you have a daycare? I'm looking for someone from MI that has info. on how to get hooked up with a food plan. Preferably one that doesn't go off of my husband's income.
MyKzooFamily 06:19 AM 01-11-2013
Originally Posted by Heidi:
Very cute!

We are trying to sell our house, and probably will be building this spring. I am already scouting for ideas for my dc room, which will be the whole exposed basement.
We hope to move to a bigger house and have a whole basement, too. Our house is 900 sq. ft., and we make it work. Luckily we have that front living room, plus a small added on living room to the back, that we use for our own living space.

But I'm desperate for separate area just for daycare, so if my house is messy, it doesn't matter. And I can 'retreat' to my own home space at the end of the day!
melilley 06:35 AM 01-11-2013
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily:
Do you have a daycare? I'm looking for someone from MI that has info. on how to get hooked up with a food plan. Preferably one that doesn't go off of my husband's income.
I'm actually sending in my statement of registration paper today so hopefully I can open soon. How long did it take from the time you sent in your paper until the license came in the mail? I'm all set up and ready to go! There is actually a few sponsors you can go through in MI for the food program. I applied to the Kent Regional 4C, Their website is www.4Cchildcare.org. There is also the Grand Rapids Urban League www.grurbanleague.org. Sorry, I don't know how to put a link on here.? There may be more sponsors; each sponsor covers different counties so I'm not sure what others are for your county. Did you go to the required orientation? In the packet they give you, there is a paper on the CACFP family day care home sponsors. It lists all of the participating sponsors in MI. Also when you go on the website, there is info on how they reimburse you and the requirements for each tier.
bunnyslippers 06:38 AM 01-11-2013
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily:
We hope to move to a bigger house and have a whole basement, too. Our house is 900 sq. ft., and we make it work. Luckily we have that front living room, plus a small added on living room to the back, that we use for our own living space.

But I'm desperate for separate area just for daycare, so if my house is messy, it doesn't matter. And I can 'retreat' to my own home space at the end of the day!
My daycare is in my basement, and I would NEVER do it any other way. There have been days that I don't even clean up at the end...just shut the door and head upstairs. Out of sight, out of mind. I just clean it in the morning. And vacation, I forget it is even down there. Oh, and family and friend parties when the kids get too wild? Guess what...whole child safe play room downstairs for the taking. It is a great wayto do it!!!!!
melilley 06:40 AM 01-11-2013
Originally Posted by bunnyslippers:
My daycare is in my basement, and I would NEVER do it any other way. There have been days that I don't even clean up at the end...just shut the door and head upstairs. Out of sight, out of mind. I just clean it in the morning. And vacation, I forget it is even down there. Oh, and family and friend parties when the kids get too wild? Guess what...whole child safe play room downstairs for the taking. It is a great wayto do it!!!!!
I wish I could do it in my basement; that would be my dream, but we don't have an egress window and my husbands man cave is down there...lol
countrymom 07:39 AM 01-11-2013
I love the room. I too did light colored walls with those brown curtains.
do you find the yellow stools to be very cheap--I have the other colors and yet the yellow ones keep falling apart (the legs keep falling off)
I would recommend that you get rid of that light that is near the corner and buy a hanging lamp instead. I know we had this discussion on the board about how some liscencing don't like those lamps.
melilley 07:42 AM 01-11-2013
Originally Posted by countrymom:
I love the room. I too did light colored walls with those brown curtains.
do you find the yellow stools to be very cheap--I have the other colors and yet the yellow ones keep falling apart (the legs keep falling off)
I would recommend that you get rid of that light that is near the corner and buy a hanging lamp instead. I know we had this discussion on the board about how some liscencing don't like those lamps.
Did licensing ever say anything about the hanging curtains? I have them, but I wasn't sure if they would be considered a hazard since the kids can pull on them.
Mom2Five+ 09:28 AM 01-11-2013
Very nice and organized setup. I have the same table and chairs
ashleyh 09:30 AM 01-11-2013
It looks great!
SunnyDay 10:33 AM 01-11-2013
Originally Posted by melilley:
I'm actually sending in my statement of registration paper today so hopefully I can open soon. How long did it take from the time you sent in your paper until the license came in the mail? I'm all set up and ready to go! There is actually a few sponsors you can go through in MI for the food program. I applied to the Kent Regional 4C, Their website is www.4Cchildcare.org. There is also the Grand Rapids Urban League www.grurbanleague.org. Sorry, I don't know how to put a link on here.? There may be more sponsors; each sponsor covers different counties so I'm not sure what others are for your county. Did you go to the required orientation? In the packet they give you, there is a paper on the CACFP family day care home sponsors. It lists all of the participating sponsors in MI. Also when you go on the website, there is info on how they reimburse you and the requirements for each tier.
I do the food program through Kent Regional 4C. Your/your husband's income only matters if you want to claim your own children. Otherwise the tier you are in depends on the school district you are in. I just assumed this was the same through any food program since it is done through the government, but I could be wrong

Good luck, your room looks great!
SunnyDay 10:35 AM 01-11-2013
I just wanted to add to my thoughts that I do not claim my own children for the food program and I am paid the lower tier, and I still think it is worth it. I use the Minute Menu software that is offered through my food program for only $10 and it makes it easy, plus I can also use the software for my accounting.
williams2008 10:55 AM 01-11-2013
Very cute!
pollyo 07:52 PM 01-13-2013
I love it, gave me a couple ideas for my room!
MarinaVanessa 09:32 PM 01-13-2013
Very Nice!!!

Someone went crazy at Ikea I see .
MonkeyingAround 07:42 PM 01-16-2013
Super cute!!!

Where are the tables and chairs from? I love those!
momofsix 08:33 PM 01-16-2013
Very cute! Great set up
Welcome to the world of daycare
(I'm from GR too!)
Tags:layout, new daycare
Reply Up