Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help With Wording Policy--End Of Care Around Vacations
nothingwithoutjoy 06:44 PM 07-08-2017
I am re-thinking (again) my policy regarding parents giving notice. Parents are expected to give me (at least) 2 weeks' notice if their child is leaving. They are also expected to pay for my 3 weeks of vacation. I have a perpetual problem that I've tried to solve several ways. The current way is too complicated, so I'm trying to clarify and redo.

The problem is this--
I really like to take 1 week vacation at the end of August, as a mental reset from one "school year" to the next. I start back up the day after Labor Day, when most kids are starting school. Inevitably, I'll have a parent (or several), three weeks before that vacation, give me two weeks' notice--essentially getting out of paying for the vacation I've been earning all year. That means I end up taking an unpaid vacation, when I was clear all along they'd be paying for three weeks.

I currently have a convoluted system of pre-payment to solve that problem, but it's a pain to explain and enforce.

I'd like the new system to be pay the same every week regardless of vacations. And no--you don't get to withdraw right before vacation and get out of paying for it.

But I can't think of a clear and polite way of wording that. Suggestions?

Thank you!
Tags:policy, termination notice, vacation policy
Up