Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advertising
Lori's Family Daycare 10:02 PM 01-31-2013
I live in Wisconsin. Bigger city.
where do you advertise?
My husband is getting a website up and running for me to hopefully help generate more calls and potential clients.
Post ad on craigslist.org?

Would like more feedback.
Thanks
Michael 01:55 AM 02-01-2013
Here are more threads on advertising your daycare. https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=advertising

We also had an article written by one of our longtime members about advertising your daycare here: https://www.daycare.com/news/adverti...r-daycare.html
MissAnn 04:06 AM 02-01-2013
Originally Posted by Lori's Family Daycare:
I live in Wisconsin. Bigger city.
where do you advertise?
My husband is getting a website up and running for me to hopefully help generate more calls and potential clients.
Post ad on craigslist.org?

Would like more feedback.
Thanks
My very best advertising has been by opening a Facebook page for my program and posting pics and activities.
coolconfidentme 04:18 AM 02-01-2013
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
My very best advertising has been by opening a Facebook page for my program and posting pics and activities.
Mine too. Word of mouth & talking about your daycare everywhere helps too. I have been in the grocery store reading a a label on a box. I will smile at the person by me & say, "I have a daycare & we eat healthy there." That has struck up a conversation & the person sometimes taking my business card resulting in a child in my care now. I have business cards at the local employment centers too.
rmc20021 06:48 AM 02-01-2013
Considering I'm going from two full timers and 3 part times down to zero all within a week, I have been scrounging around trying to figure out every possible way to advertise I could come up with.
I'm of course registered at the local DHS office, child care resources and I have an ad on Craigslist.
I also just signed up on daycare.com, created a website and facebook page and bought an inexpensive advertisement on US Directory ($5.00 per month plus .25 for each hit...may sound like it could run into a lot of money but you choose the keywords you want people to search for so there aren't random people all over the country hitting your ad. I was specific in the town and county I live in). I've also just ordered business cards and created a professional looking flyer to distribute to the local business. I'm now working on a brochure to hand out...wherever I think may be a legal source. I discovered it's illegal to put things onto people's windshields (as I'd planned to do at the local churches)...even though I know a lot of people do that.
Now I wait. On the good note though...my one full timer will only go down to part time rather than not at all. The other full timers mom was going to take a FMLA, but I don't think her temp service will approve it. So I'll only be losing my part timers, which wasn't resulting in much income to begin with and the parents were horrible letting me know if/when their child would be here...even when I'd ask.
Tags:advertising
Reply Up