Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Questions about FSA
safechner 07:54 PM 10-20-2010
Tonight, I received email from my dcm to ask me to see if I will accept credit card though FSA. I wrote back to her that I prefer not to do it because it sounds like it is too much trouble to deal with credit cards. I do not want to pay the fees for credit card processing which I think it is nuts! They think I can get all of my money back from fees when I write my tax off which is not true. After that, they asked me if I can at least prove them that I am a certificated in home provider. I don't mind to show the proof but I have a question. I am not sure If I can make copy it to give my dcm but I feel it should be private. However, I can send proof to FSA, not to my dcm. What should I do? This is my first time. My husband thinks it is wasting of time doing FSA which is too much trouble for me doing it. I don't know much about FSA. I know it may save some money on it... Please help...
Michael 11:29 PM 10-20-2010
Why not charge through PayPal?
DancingQueen 02:38 AM 10-21-2010
don't you have a license number you could give her as your proof. That is what I did. My dcm had me fill out a paper and on it was my lic. number.
safechner 04:38 AM 10-21-2010
Originally Posted by Michael:
Why not charge through PayPal?
If I am doing this but there will be fee. I don't like to pay fee unless they will pay fee.
safechner 04:39 AM 10-21-2010
Originally Posted by sbschildcare:
don't you have a license number you could give her as your proof. That is what I did. My dcm had me fill out a paper and on it was my lic. number.
Good Idea! Thanks!
Jewels 04:59 AM 10-21-2010
She should be able to get reimbursed differently for daycare with flex spending, My company used to just direct deposit it in my bank account, And I still just wrote my daycare a weekly check, I have one mom whos company mails me a check at the beginning of the month, and they pay the remainder towards the end, I would never accept a debit card, but most flex plans offer another way of reimbursment for the employees, I still had to have my provider sign a form every month with her social security number or tax id number if they had it.
momofboys 07:04 AM 10-21-2010
Here's my question about FSAs. . . . if I accept a check in advance from a client's business what would happen if I was not able to provide care for a day or two or what about when I go on vacation (I don't normally make the parents pay for my vacation time). Will I just pay them back? I don't want to have to deal with giving them multiple credits!
MarinaVanessa 07:05 AM 10-21-2010
Originally Posted by safechner:
If I am doing this but there will be fee. I don't like to pay fee unless they will pay fee.
Tell her that you'll accept payments through PayPal but that they have to pay the PayPal fee, otherwise only cash or check will be accepted. This is what I do, I offer it because I have a PayPal account but they are required to add an additional 3% to the total. No one has taken me up on this offer because of the added fee but I still offer it in case they "forget their checkbook" then they'd only have to pay 3% instead of the $5 per day late fee which by monday adds upp to $15.
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 09:13 AM 10-21-2010
Im thinking of doing the minute menu pay online option,.. at least offering it. But the convenience fee is added to THEIR bill.
DancingQueen 09:56 AM 10-21-2010
love minute man online pay option!!!!
I charge the parents the processing fee.
Tags:fsa
Reply Up