Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Yes/No
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 09:49 AM 04-08-2015
I'm thinking about buying this step2 duck pond water table for the daycare. I've seen some people use it with sand as well. Some people on the review said they have used beans and even one used flour. That way she said it was easy clean up as far as vacuuming. I thought that would make a big cloud, but who knows. What do you guys think? It's only 34$ right now.
Attached: image.jpg (55.6 KB) 
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 09:50 AM 04-08-2015
At this rate it could be a giant Barbie pool
Martha Stewart 09:57 AM 04-08-2015
for $34 I'd by 2, use one during the winter months with beans indoors, and use the other during the spring/summer with water!
Ariana 09:59 AM 04-08-2015
Looks great to me! Just put some oil in the flour and it won't make a cloud
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 10:09 AM 04-08-2015
Originally Posted by Martha Stewart:
for $34 I'd by 2, use one during the winter months with beans indoors, and use the other during the spring/summer with water!
Plus I found a coupon code that gave me 5$ off so shipping was free. I'm thinking about buying another one. I was going to buy the ball one but the reviews are not good at all. So I might just buy another one of these. I. So excited to get it and see what they think.
Laura5287 10:53 AM 04-08-2015
I have a sand and water table. We use it all summer long and I brought it in for the winter and used rice and beans in it. I even put macaroni in it. they love it. The rice is messy and hard to vacuum up though.
sharlan 11:04 AM 04-08-2015
I have this one. I fill it with water, no sand. I "attempt" to keep the water and sand tables separate, but that rarely happens.
spinnymarie 11:07 AM 04-08-2015
We have a very similar one for water, outside. We like it for that purpose, and you can't beat that price!
Heidi 11:11 AM 04-08-2015
There are a lot of cool things you can put in sensory tables! My favorite with my group is puzzle pieces. Take all your old 100-500 piece puzzle (aka 99 or 499 piece puzzles), or buy some at Goodwill.

They're great for pouring, sifting through, etc., and they tend to stay put in the table because they're "heavier" than some things.

QRIS's generally frown on food (like rice or beans), but bird seed is acceptable, or ears of corn, with some shucked to start (they can shuck into the table). These are okay, because once they're used, you can feed it to the animals (of course).

We can't use shaving cream (says keep out of reach of children), although I have done a table top sensory thing with that for school-agers. Risky business, I guess, if licensing showed up that day.

The no-food guideline is kind of stupid, because we make homemade playdough, which is acceptable, I think. I won't use pudding or whipping cream, though, because I think it's so "obviously" food, and sends a mixed message to my toddlers. It's hard enough to teach them table manners.

Pintrest has a lot of ideas around themes:

https://www.pinterest.com/mabnilles/...le-activities/
Reply Up