Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Am Going to Pass Inspection, But...
teaching 04:17 PM 04-23-2018
But, I am worried I won't have 10 children and that is what I need to open my preschool just part-time in a very sweet church that is excited to have me there. I was wondering if I should also open a PMO for 5 children as that is really what parents seem to want? The fire marshal said I can have 5 toddlers that are 2-3 years of age. I really just want to have my 3.5-5 year old children for my actual preschool. Any advice would be great. I have made flyers and will post them all over town, but any kind of advice related to PMO and marketing would be fantastic. Thanks!
kendallina 05:35 PM 04-23-2018
I don't know what PMO is, but when I first opened my preschool I allowed ages 2 and up ( even though I really wanted to work with 3 and up). It worked great, my 2-year olds stayed on with me until kindergarten and it gave everyone time to hear about my program. All the other preschools in my area were 3 and up, so there was a market for those parents whose kids were not 3-years old yet to get the socialization of preschool.

I only did it that one year although I have had some years where I've allowed a 2.5 in ( I'm 8 years in and after this year I'm really not wanting to have any more 2.5 kiddos anymore.
teaching 03:20 AM 04-25-2018
Thank you! That is exactly what I was thinking,that starting with 2s would help bring in more children. PMO is a Parents Morning Out program and is very popular in our community. But, most of those children are 16 months -2 and a half years old. If I had just 2's it would still be considered "preschool" and I would have to hire someone else and have another classroom. I would like to keep it to just me and my assistant and take 3.5-5 year old children. But, right now I am praying for at least one child!! :-) I must get some enrollment, as I am starting to feel so discouraged.
Tags:inspection
Reply Up