Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Potty Training Question
WImom 05:59 AM 06-17-2011
Any tricks for a 3yr DCB that only goes #1 on the potty? How to get him to poop on the potty?
kitkat 10:59 AM 06-17-2011
DS was afraid to poop on the toilet. He would hold it in til he had a diaper/pull up on for bedtime and then poop. Dr. said to put him on the toilet 20 minutes after a meal (didn't matter which one, just keep it the same meal). Apparently 20 minutes after eating is a natural body thing to poop. Well, he kept holding it in. We still made him sit and encouraged him to let it out. Finally one day I just told him to try and it would be ok if no poop came out. Took a few times, but he finally relaxed enough to do it! DCB might be scared and holding it. I think DS felt pressure even though we were only encouraging him. Hope that makes sense...he's a perfectionist. Maybe have him sit on the toilet for x amt of time after a meal and tell him to just try and it's ok if nothing happens.

DCG had constipation issues. Dr said it was ok to have her go in a pull up, just to get her started. After awhile I made her go in the bathroom and poop in her pull up. Mom did the same thing at home. It didn't take long and she started to poop on the toilet. If he'll only go in a pull up/diaper, try to have him poop in the bathroom in the pull up/diaper.
Blackcat31 11:34 AM 06-17-2011
I had a DCP once tell me that I needed to go into the bathroom with her DS and physically demonstrate to her child what pushing was so he could see how it was done.

She didn't ask me to do the job, just squat down and make grunting and pushing faces ....(fully clothed of course! )
Tags:3 year old, potty training, potty training advice, potty training question
Reply Up