Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advertising on Nextdoor Anyone?
spud912 12:00 PM 07-06-2016
Does anyone else advertise on their neighborhood group of Nextdoor.com? I've been tempted, but also unsure if I want everyone knowing I run a daycare.
Rockgirl 12:04 PM 07-06-2016
I only found out about the site last week and joined, but like you, I'm just not sure I want it out there. And after reading Pestle's post, I'm even more unsure!
MunchkinWrangler 12:10 PM 07-06-2016
I've been flagged for advertising, apparently it's against their guidelines. Initially I got a couple families from it but then I was notified that I couldn't use the site in that capacity anymore.
Thriftylady 01:09 PM 07-06-2016
Never even heard of it.
mom2many 01:44 PM 07-06-2016
We can't advertise on it, but if someone posts asking about daycare, we can respond to it. I've gotten several wonderful families from this site. I love it!
MunchkinWrangler 07:47 PM 07-06-2016
The one thing I did like about this site is that everyone on it is registered and ,oh what's the word....legit? They're your neighbors which is nice because you don't get crazy posts as much as from Craigslist. I still have people inbox me about openings which is nice because I have it in my profile that I am a daycare and I do respond to people looking for daycare but I just didn't like the 'hierarchy' I guess.

Now I just got an email saying they are starting a business listing option, so I'm going to check that out.
CityGarden 10:00 PM 07-06-2016
I love Nextdoor! While I am moving I do plan to post on there....

My plan is to introduce myself to the neighbors and state what I do. I did the same even when I was teaching at a local school.

No pressure and no ad.

That said I actually do use and contribute to Nextdoor. I also think it would be a good place to list an open house --- again no ad, no charge just come!
Justjoy 06:31 PM 07-13-2016
I've been advertising on Nextdoor for quite awhile and have gotten 3 of my kids that way. I highly recommend it.
Tags:advertising
Reply Up