Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Crafts For Parents
Josiegirl 03:00 AM 11-28-2017
For those of you who have the dcks make things for parents, I have just a couple of questions.
When a dck has 2 parents that don't live together, do you always have that dck make 2 crafts?
If you have a set of siblings(more precisely twins), do you ever have them do 1 craft together to give to their parents? For instance, I'm attempting to have them do a canvas painting that will involve feet and thumbs. There is room for them to each put their foot and thumb prints on 1 canvas together instead of giving duplicate gifts to their parents. Which would you do?

If it makes any difference, I'm hoping the dcks end up with more than 1 gift to give dcps. (depends on how many fails result in the meantime)
daycarediva 03:13 AM 11-28-2017
first question- unless the child specifically ASKS to make one for Dad or Mom, I ask them who they would like to gift it to.

second- I do two. I have had a few sets of twins now, and I think the parents appreciate keeping them separate people. EG. my twins now, mom said the last daycare had them share a cubby, a take home folder, crafts, etc.
storybookending 11:11 AM 11-28-2017
I have one child with parents who are not together. I have never even thought about having her make two crafts. She can give it to whoever she wants I suppose. Although in this case mom does both pick up and drop offs.. I see dad maybe once every 2-3 months.

Now if I child had two moms or two dads and it was a specific mother’s or father’s day craft, then they would do two.

As for the twins I would say separate for sure. My nephews are twins. They are almost 14 now and hate being referred to as “the twins”. They are two separate people and are not shy about reminding any one of that fact. I always thought it was so cool that they have their own birthdays. My SIL had one at 11:48PM and the other at 12:02AM. I always think it’s so funny when she’ll wish one happy birthday on Facebook and post a picture with their cake and someone who doesn’t know her/them well enough will be like “wait isn’t it billy’s birthday too” and then she’ll do the same with him the next day.
flying_babyb 05:50 PM 11-28-2017
normal crafts no. I try to send a pile home on mom day, and a second pile on dad days, so each parent ends up with something. Holiday gift type stuff- one for each. I have 13 kids in my class so its 20 gifts this year....
Reply Up