Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Pinterest Pin- That I DID
wahmof3 04:40 PM 07-16-2012
I just had to share

I re-pinned this idea on Pinterest from one of you guys on this forum

I did it!!!!

I must say I think it turned out GREAT!!!!!!
Attached: 179557_3265727695252_234020103_n.jpg (79.5 KB) 
Springdaze 04:46 PM 07-16-2012
congrats on actually do it! I know i have a list of things Id like to have and never do it! Its really cute! I love magnets, but Im scared of the magnetic paint because of chipping, this is better!
wahmof3 04:50 PM 07-16-2012
and its inexpensive

Its an oil drip pan- bought it at Wal-mart for $11.50.
Kiki 05:10 PM 07-16-2012
I am going to make one too, I'm glad yours turned out great!
We made paint, and sidewalk chalk paint today from my pins. The sidewalk paint was a ton of fun, I'll have to put up some pictures. I think they liked that more than the chalk.
wahmof3 05:12 PM 07-16-2012
Originally Posted by Kiki:
I am going to make one too, I'm glad yours turned out great!
We made paint, and sidewalk chalk paint today from my pins. The sidewalk paint was a ton of fun, I'll have to put up some pictures. I think they liked that more than the chalk.
That is AWESOME!! I can't wait to see pics
My Lil' Monkeys 05:17 PM 07-16-2012
Originally Posted by wahmof3:
I just had to share

I re-pinned this idea on Pinterest from one of you guys on this forum

I did it!!!!

I must say I think it turned out GREAT!!!!!!
What did you use to make it stay on the wall? I repinned this a while ago and wanted to do it so bad.. but I didn't want to permanently fix it to the wall.

You did an awesome job!! Love it!
wahmof3 05:23 PM 07-16-2012
Originally Posted by My Lil' Monkeys:
What did you use to make it stay on the wall? I repinned this a while ago and wanted to do it so bad.. but I didn't want to permanently fix it to the wall.

You did an awesome job!! Love it!
Thanks

Well the Pin says they just used 3M velcro stripes, but the oil pan from
Wal-Mart was bigger than the auto zone one & the 3M didn't work.

So I used drywall screws & washers to secure it. My DH is out of town for the week so when he gets home I am going to see if he can come up with a better way. I'm thinking there has to be some sort of bracket that is better than the washer.
Lianne 05:55 PM 07-16-2012
Cool! I just came home from looking for a metal oil drip pan. Couldn't find one anywhere. Found lots of plastic ones though.
cheerfuldom 06:29 PM 07-16-2012
this is already on my "to do" list and I know the kids will love it!
countrymom 06:51 PM 07-16-2012
what a great idea, now I need to look for an oil pan.
small_steps 07:22 PM 07-16-2012
I just did this too about 2 weeks ago. I also painted it with chalkboard paint and now it's a magnetic chalkboard.
I did use the 3M strips to hang mine. Well it wasn't really 3M it was an off brand that I found at walmart that was about an inch wide and I put two down the lenght of the oil pan and then stuck it to the wall and it has held up great so far.
Crazy8 09:12 PM 07-16-2012
looks great!!

my "hurricane irene" project was spray painting a piece of sheet metal with chalkboard paint and framing it and hanging it on the wall in my playroom. I don't think I have a pic of it though. I am not thrilled with its "chalkboard-ness" but I love it as a magnetic board and the black paint with the wood frame blends into my decor rather nicely so I'm happy with it.
Meyou 02:46 AM 07-17-2012
I just had to gouge several of those strips out of my wall with a knife and fill in the holes so I could paint. They didn't come off like they are suppose to and it caused a huge headache for me. Just an FYI. I'll never use them again. Nothing and I mean nothing that I tried would take the adhesive off the wall. I know how to remove all the paint down to the plaster and leave the adhesive though if anyone is wondering.

Your project looks awesome!!!! This one is on my list.
Tags:pinterest
Reply Up