Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DH Gets It!!!!
Thriftylady 01:57 PM 05-06-2016
So DH has been home since Monday due to his cataract surgery Tuesday. Today was the first Friday of the no school for the rest of the year Friday's.

I was wondering today out loud if I had done enough activities for the kids today, because it seemed like we played outside an awful lot. DH said "you do tons with these kids, it is good for them to play". He is right it is. Then he said "You need to quit devaluating all that you do, you do a ton for these kids". I am glad he gets it, it is hard for him to see me in action being gone in the truck all the time.

Now if I could just get rid of this feeling that I don't do enough or don't do it well enough. Seriously DH is right but I am not sure how to change my mindset.
holly333 04:03 PM 05-06-2016
I hear you and am so thankful for my helper's reminders that I do so much for the kids! So glad your husband was able to see that and let you know what a good job you're doing!
Mike 05:57 PM 05-06-2016
Even though I haven't started yet, I do know that daycare people don't get enough appreciation for what they do. Good thing your husband was around.
e.j. 08:27 PM 05-06-2016
It's nice when your hard work is noticed and appreciated by your husband. Mine comes home for lunch every day and he's back home in the afternoon before everyone leaves for the day so he sees how hard I work. When I doubt myself, he's the first one to tell me that I do a good job and if my dc parents aren't happy with the job I do, they wouldn't be happy with any provider. He always tells me he'd never be able to do what I do. It helps to hear it.
Ariana 11:53 PM 05-06-2016
My husband says this to me all the time too! He is right they need to play. The single biggest indicator of future success and even school success is quantity of time allowed to simply play
Thriftylady 06:39 AM 05-07-2016
Originally Posted by Ariana:
My husband says this to me all the time too! He is right they need to play. The single biggest indicator of future success and even school success is quantity of time allowed to simply play
I try to allow plenty of time for play, but for some reason I feel so guilty when I am not hands on with them. Of course I feel guilty about a lot of things I shouldn't.
Ariana 12:27 PM 05-07-2016
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
I try to allow plenty of time for play, but for some reason I feel so guilty when I am not hands on with them. Of course I feel guilty about a lot of things I shouldn't.
I am educated in the field and the thing that was continually reiterated to us over and over and even still now when I do weekend workshops etc. Is that play is the most important thing for child development. Too much involvment in kids play by adults is detrimental to all areas of development, especially creativity, social intelligence, problem solving and critical thinking. Definitely stop feeling guilty!! In the words of the famous child development expert Jean Piaget "play is the childs work" and "when you teach a child something you take away forever his ability to discover it himself."
Tags:husband
Reply Up