Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare Teacher Terminated
Unregistered 05:39 PM 11-21-2017
Do you notify the parents when you terminated a teacher?
Anyone have sample letters?

Thanks
storybookending 05:55 PM 11-21-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Do you notify the parents when you terminated a teacher?
Anyone have sample letters?

Thanks
I don’t think you legally can say that anyone was fired/terminated for any reason. I could be wrong but it sounds illegal.
Pestle 06:38 PM 11-21-2017
At every workplace I've been at, we only got notified of new coworkers; the fired ones didn't get an official send-off. Only people who were retiring or leaving voluntarily with a lot of warning were mentioned in company memos.

Also, at my daughter's school, unless the reason somebody left was retirement, we were never told "Miss Nancy is no longer with us, so we've hired Miss Audrey to teach the toddler class." We were told, "Miss Audrey is joining the staff this fall and will be teaching the toddler class," with nary a mention of Miss Nancy's existence.
flying_babyb 08:16 PM 11-21-2017
"miss _____ went to presue new opportunities. We hired _____ to take over." then a list of the new teachers qualifications. I was hired to replace the fired teacher....
trytobearunner34 07:43 AM 11-29-2017
As an elementary school principal we would include something along the following in our newsletter:

"We would like to take this opportunity to welcome ____ to our __ grade team! We wish ____ all the best in his/her future pursuits."
Ariana 07:50 AM 11-29-2017
None of the parents business and will just become gossip and possibly open up a line of mistrust for other teachers.

If anyone asks what happened to ms.x simply say she went to persue employment elsewhere/exploring other options. I also would address a welcome to the new staff member in a letter home.
Tags:fired, teacher, terminated
Reply Up